Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-11-2013, 21:03   #5611
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

No.1 is stunning, really brings out the mist.
davemac likes this.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-11-2013, 21:22   #5612

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Had a few errands to run this morning, it was quite cold and frosty.
1 & 2. Last time I was here it was filled with buttercups.
3. A slightly frozen canal.
4 & 5. I bet you`re warmer than I am.
6 & 7. The River Ribble.
8. Hey Mr Moon, isn`t it time you were in bed?
9. The view from Read, yes that is a steaming pile of smelly stuff.
Beautiful pics. I can just feel the cold crisp air. Pity about the dates of the Comp. There are some stunners here!
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 21:26   #5613

I agree - there are some really great reflection shots here! I hope you get your uploading problems sorted.
Old 23-11-2013, 21:30   #5614
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Beautiful pics. I can just feel the cold crisp air. Pity about the dates of the Comp. There are some stunners here!
I had some ideas for the comp, some pics taken reflected on purpose in things like spoons,windows etc. but just got the finish date wrong and uploaded what I already had.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2013, 21:34   #5615

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, I set off after some frosty shots and the frost vanished as I arrived, and it was only mid morning.

1. Took his by accident, was snapping down the lane and had nudged the camera to take monochrome without knowing, I thought the camera is taking some moody shots, I had done about 5 before it clicked.(see what I did there)
2. I had to search out the shaded bits for frost.
3. I do like this tree, it has a story of survival in harsh conditions, and wind from one direction.
4. Frosted Fungi, sounds a bit like a breakfast cereal.
5. The low sun brings out the browns, you can just see the frost in the far dip.
6. The frost had gone and left behind droplets.
7. This is the frosty bit that turns into droplets.
8. The water was dead calm, not a ripple and was only disturbed by the occasional Grebe.
9. I like a tree with a bit of architectural structure.
10. From the bottom of the reservoir, you can still see the frost in the distance, but none remains around the wet bit or the woody bit that goes uphill.
Gorgeous - there are some 'gaspers' in this group for sure. Hubby is downstairs wondering what all the fuss is about Hah hah). Seriously, wonderful photos. I think No.1 is enhanced by the monochrome setting. It adds to the mood, and the focus is so sharp, it cuts your eye. The fungi in 4. look like they're encrusted in coconut like little bon bons!
davemac likes this.
Old 23-11-2013, 21:36   #5616

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
I had some ideas for the comp, some pics taken reflected on purpose in things like spoons,windows etc. but just got the finish date wrong and uploaded what I already had.
Darn! I'd love to see them anyway.
davemac likes this.
Old 23-11-2013, 22:51   #5617

Thumbs up Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Today in Pictures, I set off after some frosty shots and the frost vanished as I arrived, and it was only mid morning.

1. Took his by accident, was snapping down the lane and had nudged the camera to take monochrome without knowing, I thought the camera is taking some moody shots, I had done about 5 before it clicked.(see what I did there)
3. I do like this tree, it has a story of survival in harsh conditions, and wind from one direction.
5. The low sun brings out the browns, you can just see the frost in the far dip.
8. The water was dead calm, not a ripple and was only disturbed by the occasional Grebe.
10. From the bottom of the reservoir, you can still see the frost in the distance, but none remains around the wet bit or the woody bit that goes uphill.
Best group of pictures yet Dave.
davemac likes this.
Stevie R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 00:20   #5618
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Gorgeous - there are some 'gaspers' in this group for sure. Hubby is downstairs wondering what all the fuss is about Hah hah). Seriously, wonderful photos. I think No.1 is enhanced by the monochrome setting. It adds to the mood, and the focus is so sharp, it cuts your eye. The fungi in 4. look like they're encrusted in coconut like little bon bons!
I think I might experiment with a few more B&W shots, despite it being and accident I liked the result. Most of the fungi have gone a bit sloppy now, but one or two seem to be a bit more hardy. I think over here they are called coconut macaroons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie R View Post
Best group of pictures yet Dave.
Thanks for that, I am after more frosty shots and the forecast says I might be lucky.
Stevie R likes this.

Last edited by davemac; 24-11-2013 at 00:24.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 13:01   #5619
Beacon of light

Quote:

Dave there are some of those pics which are in colour, but would convert to monochrome on photoscape.... Number 7 would ( I think) be stunning in mono...number 8 too.
I would continue shooting in colour and convert them to mono on photoscape....that way you have two pictures with different artistic merits.
davemac and susie123 like this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 13:35   #5620
Senior Member+

Short walk today only 8 pics

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2013, 14:19   #5621
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Only good thing about Warstein is they have a brewery "Warsteiner", mind you, since the boys used to call it "Wife beater" perhaps it ain't so good after all?
Old 24-11-2013, 19:31   #5622
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Dave there are some of those pics which are in colour, but would convert to monochrome on photoscape.... Number 7 would ( I think) be stunning in mono...number 8 too.
I would continue shooting in colour and convert them to mono on photoscape....that way you have two pictures with different artistic merits.
You know me, I could never spot the one that would benefit from some colour removal, and I have from time to time used the black and white conversion. It was more the accidentally putting the setting on monochrome and me taking a few shots before I noticed what I had done, even then it didn't have any impact until I put it on the computer, I just thought the camera was taking moody shots. I did retake the shots when I noticed what I had done, the colour shots didn't have the same impact.
Old 24-11-2013, 19:48   #5623
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, a walk in the woods, so its wood, trees, leaves, and a few wet bits.

1. The leaves are covering the floor now.
2. And now the wet bits.
3. This is the stream that flows through Childers Green and then Castle Clough.
4. Signs of some industrial use, but no other signs remain.
5. Same picture in colour.
6. Almost as far up as we can go.
7. All that remains of a tree.
8. I think they are huddling together to guard against the cold.
9.The quarry, and it appears that there is an extra wind turbine, there was three the last time I visited.
10. Heading back down the hill, and with that the walk through Hameldon Woods finishes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1310705.JPG (417.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1310726.JPG (427.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1310748.JPG (445.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1310777.JPG (403.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P1310779.JPG (460.9 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P1310812.JPG (433.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1310814.jpg (142.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg P1310880.JPG (341.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg P1310892.JPG (463.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1310898.JPG (439.2 KB, 11 views)
Old 24-11-2013, 19:56   #5624
Beacon of light

Quote:
You know me, I could never spot the one that would benefit from some colour removal, and I have from time to time used the black and white conversion. It was more the accidentally putting the setting on monochrome and me taking a few shots before I noticed what I had done, even then it didn't have any impact until I put it on the computer, I just thought the camera was taking moody shots. I did retake the shots when I noticed what I had done, the colour shots didn't have the same impact.
If you take in colour.....you can always modify a pic to mono.....if you take in mono, then you cannot covert to colour......and what you may see as having less impact, may not be the same for your audience.....and I say this with the utmost respect.
Dave, I haven't seen a bad pic from you EVER. There is always a possibility that a pic can be improved by editing, even if that just means cropping a shot to make subject more impressive.
Old 24-11-2013, 19:57   #5625
Beacon of light

I like number 8. I like it a lot.
Well shot.
davemac likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..