Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-11-2013, 12:07   #5656
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
This is one I took a few years back of Hagg Lodge . I was quite chuffed with it , but not a patch on yours .

Do you recognize anyone in the second photo ?
Theres nowt wrong with the reflective photo.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2013, 12:13   #5657
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
Yesterday I saw this abandoned house at the side of a busy road. It must have been a grand farm house in its day. Now it sits waiting for the wrecking ball. So sad. The owners must have enjoyed sitting on the veranda watching the setting sun, overlooking their land. That tree must have been planted when the house was first built - it seems to have grown to be part of the house. Inspired by Dave Mac and Margaret P. I tried a bit of B&W and texturizing. Lots of fun!
What a shame to knock down a brick built house, unless the tree roots are lifting the foundations.
Nice to see a bit of experimentation, you should have a word with Mrs. P. about black and white with a bit of colour highlighting, she has an eye for that sort of thing.
Turtle likes this.
Old 26-11-2013, 12:20   #5658

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Well done! It had me stumped
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 12:22   #5659

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
What a shame to knock down a brick built house, unless the tree roots are lifting the foundations.
Nice to see a bit of experimentation, you should have a word with Mrs. P. about black and white with a bit of colour highlighting, she has an eye for that sort of thing.
It is truly a shame to knock down such a good house. Just rampant development - trashing everything thats interesting and good to make way for horrible suburbs and highways. It really gets my blood boiling! Oops, sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.
Old 26-11-2013, 12:32   #5660

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Dave there are some of those pics which are in colour, but would convert to monochrome on photoscape.... Number 7 would ( I think) be stunning in mono...number 8 too.
I would continue shooting in colour and convert them to mono on photoscape....that way you have two pictures with different artistic merits.
Hi Margaret, is the Photoscape you use available for the iPad? If so I'd like to give it a try. I did a quick search of the App Store, and there is something with that name, but I'm not sure it's the same thing.
Old 26-11-2013, 13:08   #5661
Beacon of light

I'm not sure.....I have mine on the desktop(I know it is old fashioned to have a desk top but I really do most of the stuff on that).
I have Aviary and Snapseed on my iPad......they are good but don't do everything that photoscape does.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 13:10   #5662

Quote:
I'm not sure.....I have mine on the desktop(I know it is old fashioned to have a desk top but I really do most of the stuff on that).
I have Aviary and Snapseed on my iPad......they are good but don't do everything that photoscape does.
Thanks Margaret, I'll keep looking. You're not old fashioned at all - I only use my iPad so much as I do because Hubby is always on the desktop with his writing project.
Old 26-11-2013, 13:11   #5663
Beacon of light

I don't think it is the same program......it certainly doesn't look to have anything like the same functions and it gets very poor reviews.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 13:14   #5664

Quote:
I don't think it is the same program......it certainly doesn't look to have anything like the same functions and it gets very poor reviews.
Thank you, that was my impression also. Just thought our versions over here weren't as good as yours.
Old 26-11-2013, 17:01   #5665
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Well done .

I snapped her while she was talking to my newly-married cousin and her husband down in Dorchester-on-Thames the day after their wedding .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 18:03   #5666
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCB View Post
This is one I took a few years back of Hagg Lodge . I was quite chuffed with it , but not a patch on yours .
Gosh you wouldn't think Asda was just next door - if I'm thinking of the right stretch of water that is!
Old 26-11-2013, 18:24   #5667
JCB

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Gosh you wouldn't think Asda was just next door - if I'm thinking of the right stretch of water that is!
Yes , next door to Asda .
JCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 19:14   #5668
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, a walk down Mill Lane then a left turn, a left turn I have never taken before.

1. Down Mill Lane, this is the River Hyndburn just before it joins the Calder.
2. Mill Lane goes right up the other side.
3. At the top, Mill Lane joins Clayton Hall Drive........I didn't know that.
4. This is the world famous Jam Jar window, unless you have never heard of it before....then it isn't. This has been here over twenty years as I know of, and possibly a lot longer, and is made from.........you guessed it........jam jars.
5. There is a small hamlet of houses, just short of Burnley Road, Altham.
6. It is indicated that this is a footpath, so time to get down and dirty.
7. It is at this point I am not sure just where my location is.
8. Eventually we end up in the middle of a field, with visibility getting less and my lens getting covered in rain.
9. Just to counterbalance the turbine shot, pylons emerging from the mist.
10. At last a landmark I recognise, the sewage works, so from this point I just follow my nose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1320095.JPG (410.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1320119.JPG (467.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1320133.JPG (472.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1320150.JPG (474.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P1320153.JPG (493.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1320163.JPG (412.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1320174.JPG (470.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1320191.JPG (403.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg P1320205.JPG (448.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P1320230.JPG (350.4 KB, 10 views)
shillelagh, mobertol, JCB and 3 others like this.
Old 26-11-2013, 21:11   #5669
Senior Member+

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg
today we went to Bank Newton. I've tried some in monochrome.
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 21:27   #5670
Senior Member+

I don't know Bank Newton, but nice reflections, a competition comes along about reflections and all of a sudden there are that many they can't all be entered.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..