Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 13:32   #3376
God Member

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Trouble with this part of the world we don't seem to get those extremes any more - not that I ever remember it being 29 degrees! looking forward to some proper cold weather in the next few days - just below zero anyway - rather than warm and damp. That's not right at Christmas - but then neither is the high twenties and blue sea and sky!

On the met office website it says there may be 5 to 10cm of snow in places soon and travel may be disrupted - think we've all gone soft if that slows things down!
Christmas in the sun was weird I must admit but I enjoyed it all the same even if it was very different.
As to a bit of snow sending the road system haywire -that's just bad planning. You will have seen the amount of snow we had here and it stayed for days followed by another heavy fall but the roads were kept amazingly clear as they were well prepared. We all have to have either snow tyres fitted by November or carry snow-chains in the car which is an extra help...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2013, 14:13   #3377
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
As to a bit of snow sending the road system haywire -that's just bad planning. You will have seen the amount of snow we had here and it stayed for days followed by another heavy fall but the roads were kept amazingly clear as they were well prepared. We all have to have either snow tyres fitted by November or carry snow-chains in the car which is an extra help...
It's not just the roads - railways and airtravel suffers too - all fall down!
Old 12-01-2013, 15:50   #3378
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
what you using?
Nothing so interesting, just a proper old panasonic Digicamera 5 MP that's about 10 years old, which at the time was the doggies danglies. Have been nosing at some of the newer Panasonic Lumix FZ series but don't know anyone who'll let me have a play with theirs to get a better feel for the thing.
Old 12-01-2013, 17:27   #3379
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Nothing so interesting, just a proper old panasonic Digicamera 5 MP that's about 10 years old, which at the time was the doggies danglies. Have been nosing at some of the newer Panasonic Lumix FZ series but don't know anyone who'll let me have a play with theirs to get a better feel for the thing.
I wont let you play with mine!unless I can play with yours
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 17:38   #3380
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I wont let you play with mine!unless I can play with yours
Don't expect me to pay your air fair over here mate & anyways it's you who's after me ........... sauce !!!
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 12-01-2013, 18:29   #3381
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
It's not the camera Dave that takes a good photo, it's the operator and the subject.
I have the latest Nikon 24 MP camera with lenses from 18 to 300 and I bet that a decent photographer could get better results with your 5MP job than I do with my Nikon.

As far as having a play with the camera before you buy I think most decent camera shops will let you have a few minutes with it.

Obviously if you buy online you don't get a chance.
Old 12-01-2013, 18:55   #3382
Beacon of light

Russell, I think you are partly right......you do need to have an eye for a good shot...but today with digital you can take lots of shots that you think might not amount to much and yet when you look at them again there is usually something you can make a good shot from(with some creative editing).
Maybe you need some lessons on how to get the best from your camera........some of the new cameras are full of baffling do-dads......you just have to play around a bit.

I have a couple of Panasonic camera's but the camera that I use most, is my little compact fuji 600EXR.......it is versatile and fits in your pocket.
OK....I don't think I could have got shots like the ones that Darrell got ohis climbing expedition, but Davemac gets some lovely shots with his camera...which is very similar to mine.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 19:14   #3383
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
hello all havent posted for a while for various reasons, so thought i would share some of my latest exploits, went up Helvellyn on Wednesday and camped at Red Tarn then Thursday ascended Swirral Edge and down Striding Edge, here are some of my shots i thought i would share with you, i think my fav is sunset and stars

didnt take the tripod on this trip, gutted, a lot of good ops missed but hey ho its not going anywhere!
all the best darren
Some of these pictures only give half the story, what you don't see is the long hard slog to get to the top in order to take the shot.
some cracking shots there
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 19:29   #3384
Senior Member+

Today in Pictures, setting off not totally sure of the way.

1. First sight that greeted us as we arrived, yikes, tally ho.
2. Burnley, you can just see Turf Moor slightly off centre.
3. Thats where we are going.
4. Getting closer, but so are the clouds.
5. Don't have a clue about this, it was behind a fence, so couldn't mooch.
6. Almost there, but its a bit windy and the temperature is dropping.
7. The eagle has landed, looking over to Burnley.
8. I'm told thats in the direction of Cliviger.
9. Clouds scraping the top of Pendle Hill.
10. Then it was decided to descend, we felt a bit of snow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF4216.JPG (499.6 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF4230.JPG (439.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1000035.JPG (382.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1000088.JPG (425.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1000109.JPG (439.2 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1000115.JPG (459.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1000125.JPG (468.4 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1000143.JPG (460.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg P1000150.JPG (404.1 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg P1000159.JPG (392.6 KB, 17 views)
mobertol and hassy rvr like this.
Old 12-01-2013, 19:55   #3385

Smile Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, setting off not totally sure of the way.

1. First sight that greeted us as we arrived, yikes, tally ho.
2. Burnley, you can just see Turf Moor slightly off centre.
3. Thats where we are going.
4. Getting closer, but so are the clouds.
5. Don't have a clue about this, it was behind a fence, so couldn't mooch.
6. Almost there, but its a bit windy and the temperature is dropping.
7. The eagle has landed, looking over to Burnley.
8. I'm told thats in the direction of Cliviger.
9. Clouds scraping the top of Pendle Hill.
10. Then it was decided to descend, we felt a bit of snow.
Awe inspiring pics
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 20:43   #3386
Resting In Peace

Amazed at the clouds/weather in your pics today Dave, it's been quite a nice day here, if cold.

Have been trying to identify that hunt as I wondered if they might like a copy of your picture. I suspect it's the Holcombe Hunt though hunts as you might expect are very wary of putting any sort of diary on the net. Lovely shot though.
Old 12-01-2013, 21:10   #3387
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Amazed at the clouds/weather in your pics today Dave, it's been quite a nice day here, if cold.

Have been trying to identify that hunt as I wondered if they might like a copy of your picture. I suspect it's the Holcombe Hunt though hunts as you might expect are very wary of putting any sort of diary on the net. Lovely shot though.
We were in Dunnockshaw (crown point) you can't see the dog pack they went off to the right at speed, the lead horse person fell off at one point although I didnt get the shot, too far away. They had been there for a few days according to the locals, with horse boxes and cars, but who they were, no one knew.

It was very cloudy, but they were moving at speed, the temperature was a bit chilly and the wind was blowing. The singing ringing tree wasn't singing or ringing despite the wind, perhaps it was too fast for resonance.
I have two more to go then I have the set, Wycoller and Blackburn.
Mid Pennine Arts | Panopticons
Old 12-01-2013, 21:38   #3388
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassy rvr View Post
Awe inspiring pics

thanks for your comments, I do try, well thats what my wife says, I'm very trying
Old 12-01-2013, 22:41   #3389
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
It's not the camera Dave that takes a good photo, it's the operator and the subject.
Aye, I can understand that Gremlin & I've been able to get some decent pics over the years (well I'm happy with them) but the reaction time is quite slow, so any movement & the subject is out of shot or well off centre. For static stuff it's really quite good & as I mentioned I can't get a decent night shot, moon & stars & the likes.

Anyways still just mooching through the camera aisles at the moment.
Old 13-01-2013, 11:30   #3390

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
thanks for your comments, I do try, well thats what my wife says, I'm very trying
Ha ha look forward to the Wycollar ones beautiful place.
hassy rvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..