Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Pictures > Accy Photos
Donate! Join Today

Accy Photos Lets see some of your good Accrington photos. Please refrain from uploading copyrighted pictures! Also, if anyone has any photo requests, maybe some of our users could get them for you.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2013, 18:36   #3361
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Another selection of shots from Tenerife.

The description is on each photo when you view it!
Lovely shots, I wish we could all have been there with you, perhaps next time..
mobertol likes this.
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-01-2013, 10:18   #3362
Senior Member+

hello all havent posted for a while for various reasons, so thought i would share some of my latest exploits, went up Helvellyn on Wednesday and camped at Red Tarn then Thursday ascended Swirral Edge and down Striding Edge, here are some of my shots i thought i would share with you, i think my fav is sunset and stars

didnt take the tripod on this trip, gutted, a lot of good ops missed but hey ho its not going anywhere!
all the best darren
Attached Images
File Type: jpg a perfect spot.jpg (156.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg blue morning on red tarn.jpg (173.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg catsycam.jpg (217.7 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg foot of swirral.jpg (369.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg glenridding.jpg (394.7 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg red tarn from swirral edge.jpg (300.3 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg starry night 2.jpg (445.7 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg striding edge no people.jpg (306.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg sunset n stars overr red tarn.jpg (255.1 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg view from helvellyn trig.jpg (391.2 KB, 18 views)

join me on Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/61983378@N07/
churchfcrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:52   #3363
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

What camera/lens are you using to get a night shot that actually shows stars ? Try it with mine & all i get is black.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:03   #3364
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
hello all havent posted for a while for various reasons, so thought i would share some of my latest exploits, went up Helvellyn on Wednesday and camped at Red Tarn then Thursday ascended Swirral Edge and down Striding Edge, here are some of my shots i thought i would share with you, i think my fav is sunset and stars

didnt take the tripod on this trip, gutted, a lot of good ops missed but hey ho its not going anywhere!
all the best darren
Great Shots,I bet it was cold up there
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:09   #3365
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
What camera/lens are you using to get a night shot that actually shows stars ? Try it with mine & all i get is black.
i have a canon eos 400d,( quite an old one, by todays standards) i only took my canon 18-55 stock standard lens with me that night, and had no tripod so basically set the timer and rested the camera on my Wainwright pictoral guide, was a lot of trial and error, but i used a low iso (100) to try and reduce any noise that would be picked up, even though the rules say use a high iso for lower light and had a 30 sec timer, when i was trying longer times i was getting movement, so the stars looked like little lines moving accros the sky, was tempted to leave on a 10 min exposure, but it was bloody cold lol

what you using?

Old 12-01-2013, 11:17   #3366
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Good to see you back Darren, and what a great bunch of shots, next best thing to being up there with you! I think no 2 is just perfect and as for Striding Edge I got dizzy just looking at it.

Pity you missed the deadline for the photo competition.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:19   #3367
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
Great Shots,I bet it was cold up there
tent was covered in frost in morning and half of tarn was frozen on top, was ok through night, got up about 7 cooked my bacon n sausage, took the blue one then thought ****** this and got back in the bag for another couple of hours, didnt pack up till about 10ish, coming back down it was colder than on the summit, because of the low cloud cover
good 2 days though

Old 12-01-2013, 11:20   #3368
Resting In Peace

Quote:
so basically set the timer and rested the camera on my Wainwright pictoral guide
ha ha so he has his uses apart from showing you where to go!
Old 12-01-2013, 11:24   #3369
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Good to see you back Darren, and what a great bunch of shots, next best thing to being up there with you! I think no 2 is just perfect and as for Striding Edge I got dizzy just looking at it.

Pity you missed the deadline for the photo competition.
cheers sue, i like the irony of no2, being blue on red tarn

i was tempted to post in the comp, i have been looking in, and have voted, but didnt think i should because of my absence, maybe next time

try climbing a frost swirral edge with 20kg on yer back, i was in desperate need of chocolate when i got back to Glenridding, oh and it tasted goooooood

Old 12-01-2013, 11:43   #3370
Resting In Peace

Quote:
i was tempted to post in the comp, i have been looking in, and have voted, but didnt think i should because of my absence, maybe next time
At least you took the trouble to vote, hope some more people do.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:46   #3371
God Member

Quote:
cheers sue, i like the irony of no2, being blue on red tarn
They are all really great pics -the "blue" of Red Tarn is so intense. I particularly like the last one -so suggestive. Keep up the good work!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:02   #3372
God Member

Some shots of a little place near where my Mum & Dad live called El Puertito -very Spanish and unspoiled. Fishermans cottages, just a beach and Pepe y Lola's bar where the locals still play dominoes and Lola comes out ranting and raving at them as they sit all afternoon without a drink! Great atmosphere - in the competition I put a sunset over the turtle beach which was taken here -it's a favourite spot with divers who come to swim with the turtles -have never seen them myself but they are there as I've found loads of amateur videos on Youtube showing them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6528.jpg (44.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6529.jpg (39.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6520.jpg (44.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6525.jpg (40.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6570.jpg (31.0 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6571.jpg (36.5 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6433.jpg (44.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6438.jpg (35.6 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN6589.jpg (35.3 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Spanish window.jpg (32.3 KB, 6 views)
davemac likes this.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-01-2013, 12:05   #3373
Senior Member+

looks a bit warmer than mine lol

Old 12-01-2013, 12:09   #3374
God Member

Quote:
looks a bit warmer than mine lol
I left Italy on 19th Dec and it was -10°C and knee-deep in snow -landed in Tenerife and it was 28/29°C most days -warmer than usual! Went swimming every day but I would actually have enjoyed your trip in the Lakes just as much -even though you'd have to knock me out and carry me over Striding Edge! Can't wait till the next time I'm over on a trip to the Lakes -hopefully sometime not in the too distant future...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 12-01-2013, 12:26   #3375
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
I left Italy on 19th Dec and it was -10°C and knee-deep in snow -landed in Tenerife and it was 28/29°C most days -warmer than usual! Went swimming every day but I would actually have enjoyed your trip in the Lakes just as much -even though you'd have to knock me out and carry me over Striding Edge! Can't wait till the next time I'm over on a trip to the Lakes -hopefully sometime not in the too distant future...
Trouble with this part of the world we don't seem to get those extremes any more - not that I ever remember it being 29 degrees! looking forward to some proper cold weather in the next few days - just below zero anyway - rather than warm and damp. That's not right at Christmas - but then neither is the high twenties and blue sea and sky!

On the met office website it says there may be 5 to 10cm of snow in places soon and travel may be disrupted - think we've all gone soft if that slows things down!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..