Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Community Talk > Springhill Spot
Donate! Join Today

Springhill Spot A forum running in conjunction with Springhill Spotlight. Give your opinions on what is happening in your area. Air your views and grievances. Put forward ideas on how we can improve Springhill

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2004, 08:05   #16

Re: Phoenix Project

Another doomed project!!!!

I suppose they have to do something...but they assume all the residents will look after their gardens!! You don't see many flowers in the Khyber Pass!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-03-2004, 23:07   #17
Senior Member+

I came home to Accy for christmas and took my wife up to Richmond rd where I used to live many moons ago, I could not belive what a dump it is, I know it was mainly council when I lived up there but the best way to look at now would be through a Hinekel bomb sight.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2004, 20:46   #18
Junior Member+

I hope money is availiable for properties after the bridge, streets like elizabeth St., spring st. and spring hill road are on the way down fast.
It must be one of the last wards in the area yet to receive goverment funding.
powerwash man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 08:59   #19

£300,000 could do a bit for the lower end of Springhill. It certainly needs it.
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 11:50   #20
Resting in Peace

As well as a new medical center they could do with a dental centre as well
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2004, 12:25   #21
God Member

..preferably with some dentists in it.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2004, 17:36   #22
Resident Waffler

Angry Re: Phoenix Project

It's not only the residents or tenants who make an area run down. Some private landlords simply do not keep up repairs on the property even though they are responsible. The house next to mine is in a terrible state and of course that reflects on the value of my property.

Another one of my pet moans is the litter in the streets. Funny how it's always worse on the day the wheelie bins are emptied. It isn't rubbish people have dropped or thrown into the streets, it's rubbish which the bin men have dropped from the wagon when emptying the bins. We've even had whole black bin bags wandering down the road spilling their contents hither and yon. There's less of a mess on Whinney Hill tip than there is round here at times.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 16:46   #23
Resting in Peace

I have just received this letter from HYNDBURN FIRST
PROJECT PHOENIX/HOUSING MARKET RENEWAL IN WEST ACCRINGTON

I am writing on behalf of Hyndburn Bourough Council to confirm latest progress in connection with the Project Phoenix scheme and other Housing Market Renewal issues in West Accrington.

The Council has now purchased more than 55 properties in the Project Phoenix area between Star Street and Leyland Street south of Blackburn Road.
Terms are agreed for the purchase of another 20 properties.
As a result the council is this week commencing the first demolition contract in the area.
This will involve the demolition of three commercial properties, formerley occupied by Longsdale Street gararge, Sandy Panels and Rutland Street Garage.
The Council will not commence the demolition of any residential properties until all houses in the relevant terrace have been vacated.
I appreciate the difficult living conditions experienced by residents in the immediate vicinity.
The Council has asked our Neighbourhood Wardens and Accrington Police to increase the frequency of their visits during coming months.
We have also asked the Council's cleansing team to remove refuse dumped in the neighbourhood.
The council wishes to continue to purchase available properties in the Project Phoenix area with a view to the rented housing development by SPACE New Living starting in spring 2005

There will be a meeting of the West Accrington Residents Association at 7.30pm on Thursday 12 August 2004 when there will be an opportunity to discuss progress on the Project Phoenix scheme as well as a number of other Housing Market Renewal initiatives in west Accrington including Neighbourhood Management.
I know that Joe Treacy, the Chairman of the Association would warmly welcome your participation that evening.

If you have any queries relating to Project Phoenix,I should be greatful if you would telephone me on 01254 600600
yours sincerely N T Rix
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2004, 15:01   #24
mez
God Member

just been reading up on what has already been written on this thread, YES i for one do agree with mark in accy as to his way of thinking, i for one would love to be able to finish doing my gardens to the way i like thembut, i have been badgering the so called h.b.c. for a new fence for the past 12months alas! to no avail they say they have run out of money, i have even offered to replace the fencing myself , if they would help me pay for some of it , the answer is, yes by all means replace the fencing ! NO WE HAVE NO MONEY so we will not help you, so mark wot am i expected to do , ive priced up this week to do the job with my sons help & it will cost at least £150 , when the council came to look at the fence 2yrs ago the price i was quoted was £ 500 at least, " WHY" says i " couse we have to contract the work out" i rest my case // wasted money ?
Old 21-09-2004, 15:03   #25
mez
God Member

o i forgot to mention i LIVE in the spring hill area //
Old 21-09-2004, 16:25   #26
Resident Waffler

I thought the point of them "contracting out" for jobs was supposed to be so they could get the most economical.

Old 21-09-2004, 19:53   #27

Talking fences nip round bottom of fife st plenty of fencing going on there the ask the gang working there if they will go round and mend yours
keith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2004, 20:28   #28
Resident Waffler

Don't forget to send the bill to the council.

Old 21-09-2004, 20:45   #29
mez
God Member

hey wot a great idea thanks //
Old 23-09-2004, 14:55   #30
mez
God Member

WELL// ive heard it all now/ some one in my home NOT ME, had blocked my sink up last nite whilst i was out, it has taken me a number of hours & lots of kettle boiling to free it, (at last) then just had a lad from council to check that my work top had been fitted (3months ago ) so i told him over the sink, his reply was , " it will cost you £ 55 to unblock it",im now left speachless/ dont go cheering less /

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..