Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Old Accrington > Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
Donate! Join Today

Nostalgia aint what it used to be... The "I remember when......." section is finally with us - lets reminisce!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2010, 22:15   #151

Re: ACCY POP GROUPS 1960s

Never done this before, but I was just having a quick browse and spotted your brief summary of the Soundcasters. Don't know who you are, but just thought I would join in. You were spot on with the names etc., but it would be nice to know who you are. If anyone needs any info or photographs of the Soundcasters, let me know. When we split up in 1969, nobody carried on in music, 'cept me, and I'm still at it - must be mad!
Nice to catch up.
Tony Cooper
dublomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2010, 22:34   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

yeh scoot but threads 60s accy groups, n under 50s wont remember em, may be worth startin yer own thread fer them
Old 06-06-2010, 22:40   #153
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublomad View Post
Never done this before, but I was just having a quick browse and spotted your brief summary of the Soundcasters. Don't know who you are, but just thought I would join in. You were spot on with the names etc., but it would be nice to know who you are. If anyone needs any info or photographs of the Soundcasters, let me know. When we split up in 1969, nobody carried on in music, 'cept me, and I'm still at it - must be mad!
Nice to catch up.
Tony Cooper
you were bass guitar tony? was probably wynonie that mentioned em, a pic on here would be nice. have seen the pics taken shildon hall i think it was 62 ish, but many on here won't have.

Last edited by cashman; 06-06-2010 at 22:42.
cashman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:25   #154
Super Moderator

Quote:
Nice to catch up.
Tony Cooper
'ow do Nooper, have a look at your write up on Manchesterbeat.

The Soundcasters on Manchesterbeat - the group and music scene of Manchester in the '60s

Remember?
Old 07-06-2010, 17:34   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
quite possible, will try find out next week.

Aye - was def in the Dansaks.... they even cut a demo disc..... think Bro-in-Law has it

Mick
Old 07-06-2010, 17:52   #156
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmc View Post
Aye - was def in the Dansaks.... they even cut a demo disc..... think Bro-in-Law has it

Mick
Cheers Mick, musta bin the guy wi the better drumkit, Mike told me about.
Old 07-06-2010, 21:28   #157

Quote:
yeh scoot but threads 60s accy groups, n under 50s wont remember em, may be worth startin yer own thread fer them
ooooops ! misread title. tho` going back to an earlier posting mentioning the james boys,i`m sure my mates dad,george stalker, was one of them. i can remember him playing me an acetate of a song he (they) recorded.
scoot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 21:09   #158

Quote:
you were bass guitar tony? was probably wynonie that mentioned em, a pic on here would be nice. have seen the pics taken shildon hall i think it was 62 ish, but many on here won't have.
dublomad. No, I was the guy up front doing the vocals. We started out when I was 13 in '63. I was the singer, Dave Hull was on drums, his brother Gary on rhythm, Maurice Blezzard on bass and Glen Ainsworth on lead. We stuck it out till '69, with Me, Dave and Maurice the only originals. I'd put some photos on, but haven't quite figured it out yet, may have to get help from a son or two!!
Old 08-06-2010, 21:53   #159

[quote=Wynonie Harris;820826]'ow do Nooper, have a look at your write up on Manchesterbeat.

The Soundcasters on Manchesterbeat - the group and music scene of Manchester in the '60s

Remember? [/quote Hi Steve, thought it might be you. Yes I did see the Manchesterbeat picture but can't find it anymore. Turned 60 in March and me, my brother Phil, and mate Mick from our old band Kyte, got together for a bit of a jam at the Bay Horse in Bash. We enjoyed it so much, we roped in Glen, our old drummer and it looks like we may be back on the road again!! We were conned into doing a Saturday night freebie at Bash Con on 10th July - nothing like ready, but there is an old saying about it'll be alright on the night, or not as the case may be. Problem is we're too old to remember stuff anymore! Oh, by the way, we're going on as the Soundcasters. First time in 41 years!
Hope all is well at your end Steve, thought you may have gone back to - - - was it Lanzarote?
If you're passing Steve, drop us a line and we can catch up.
All the best
Tony
Old 08-06-2010, 22:02   #160
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

hey dublomad remind me nearer time of yer gig please, aint bin up bash con fer oer 14 years, since i used to do "Dog and Partridge" me n my better half will pop by. doubt if steve will be able to get oer.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51   #161
Super Moderator

[quote=dublomad;821229]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
'ow do Nooper, have a look at your write up on Manchesterbeat.

Remember? [/quote Hi Steve, thought it might be you. Yes I did see the Manchesterbeat picture but can't find it anymore. Turned 60 in March and me, my brother Phil, and mate Mick from our old band Kyte, got together for a bit of a jam at the Bay Horse in Bash. We enjoyed it so much, we roped in Glen, our old drummer and it looks like we may be back on the road again!! We were conned into doing a Saturday night freebie at Bash Con on 10th July - nothing like ready, but there is an old saying about it'll be alright on the night, or not as the case may be. Problem is we're too old to remember stuff anymore! Oh, by the way, we're going on as the Soundcasters. First time in 41 years!
Hope all is well at your end Steve, thought you may have gone back to - - - was it Lanzarote?
If you're passing Steve, drop us a line and we can catch up.
All the best
Tony
Great to hear, you're back on the road, Tony! Old rock 'n' rollers never die. As Cashy says, doubt I'll be able to make it to the Bash Con, gig but I'm sure I'll receive a full report on it!

Lanzarote? I should be so lucky! Sunny Stockport more like!
Old 09-06-2010, 21:25   #162

Quote:
hey dublomad remind me nearer time of yer gig please, aint bin up bash con fer oer 14 years, since i used to do "Dog and Partridge" me n my better half will pop by. doubt if steve will be able to get oer.
Hi Cashy. Can't remember the words or chords anymore, but I'll try to remember to stick a reminder on, a few days before the Bash con gig. Pity Steve can't make it.
Old 09-06-2010, 21:33   #163
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Hi Cashy. Can't remember the words or chords anymore, but I'll try to remember to stick a reminder on, a few days before the Bash con gig. Pity Steve can't make it.
Yeh can put a thread up on "nighttlife,events, daysout" a few days before if ya want mate. may just entice a few more of these reprabates on here, ya never know.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:38   #164
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Yeh can put a thread up on "nighttlife,events, daysout" a few days before if ya want mate. may just entice a few more of these reprabates on here, ya never know.
That's no way to introduce the Ladies and Gentlemen of Accrington Web to a new Member Cash
Old 10-06-2010, 20:25   #165

Seem to remember seeing kyte the group on three occasions twice in rishton first the now closed down legion club and then on another occasion the free gardeners on parker street also someones birthday bash at the baxenden golf club quite a few years ago though
keith is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..