Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 00:17   #1
God Member

Euro 2012

With the ELP and Champions League all done and dusted the creeping feeling of exictement is now increasing the closer it gets to Euro 2012...this time the build up is not the usual stuff about England actually winning it but there's plenty of good football ahead.

What are Englands chances?... who will win it?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-06-2012, 05:26   #2
God Member

Re: Euro 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
With the ELP and Champions League all done and dusted the creeping feeling of exictement is now increasing the closer it gets to Euro 2012...this time the build up is not the usual stuff about England actually winning it but there's plenty of good football ahead.

What are Englands chances?... who will win it?
I dunno .... with the Italians under yet another match fixing scandal cloud, and Hodgson calling up Martin Who? instead of Ferdinand, it's going to be interesting to say the least ... England's chances? Zero. They don't have a squad, they have a simmering controversy and a joke for a manager. To win? Germany ... as disciplined as the Waffen SS, and with lots of talent too. I bet on the Kings for the Stanley Cup, so I might just be on a roll.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 07:38   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Nowt creeping up on me, We have as much chance of winning it as Stanley have of winning the F.A. Cup, Fancy Spain meself.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:29   #4
Resting in Peace

Not moving me either, I'll probably watch some of the matches, but at least there's none of this talking England up this time, none of this we can win it, we might actually do better than everybody thinks, I'm with cashy though I fancy Spain, very good outfit
Old 06-06-2012, 16:42   #5
JFT96

Seeing they have just left Luton on a British Airways, normally configured aeroplane, all economy, I don't rate their chances.

Maybe I am a little bit annoyed they did not use us, unlike the under 21's and several of the premiership do.

But on a serious note, Roy Hodgson....... They would have a better chance with Brendan Rodgers.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 17:33   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Seeing they have just left Luton on a British Airways, normally configured aeroplane, all economy, I don't rate their chances.

Maybe I am a little bit annoyed they did not use us, unlike the under 21's and several of the premiership do.

But on a serious note, Roy Hodgson....... They would have a better chance with Brendan Rodgers.
Don't be coming over all giddy BG
Old 06-06-2012, 17:52   #7
JFT96

Don't get me started Jay, after watching Granada Reports, i saw the aircraft was from our competitors.........darn it

Old 06-06-2012, 18:02   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Don't get me started Jay, after watching Granada Reports, i saw the aircraft was from our competitors.........darn it
It was more about you mentioning Wroy and Brendan that made me smile
Old 06-06-2012, 18:06   #9
JFT96

I thought that may be it, however seeing the report made me want to kick the cat, and its been dead two years....

Anyway all the best to the Lads and i wonder how long it will be before we are welcoming them home.

Old 06-06-2012, 18:12   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I thought that may be it, however seeing the report made me want to kick the cat, and its been dead two years....

Anyway all the best to the Lads and i wonder how long it will be before we are welcoming them home.
When play Ukraine on the 19th June, plane will no doubt land back in blighty on the 20th
Old 06-06-2012, 20:08   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Holland for me thank you very much. England second in group, losing to Croatia in the quarters. now that's out there for you.
Old 06-06-2012, 21:56   #12
God Member

i think germany will win it england myabe dark horses for semis.
Old 07-06-2012, 00:08   #13
God Member

Could be an underdog ... seem to remember it wasn't too many years ago that Greece took it. But I'll still take the Krauts ... seems like discipline and dogged defence is the way to beat the teams with flair. Oh, and a little bit of luck.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:55   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
i think germany will win it england myabe dark horses for semis.
What Group are the Jocks in Cmon
Old 07-06-2012, 05:56   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Could be an underdog ... seem to remember it wasn't too many years ago that Greece took it. But I'll still take the Krauts ... seems like discipline and dogged defence is the way to beat the teams with flair. Oh, and a little bit of luck.
and a Russian Linesman Eric

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..