Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 01:12   #31

Re: Euro 2012

Ive backed germany at bookies,rubbish odds of 7-2...Maybe should have gone for England at 14-1..Not a bad price that given no pressure for once.14-1 when only about 5 teams properly fancied and only 9 games to be played to win it.Happy enough with hodson,he got experience.. emmmm maybe should have backed England
spignific is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2012, 03:02   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Was amazed,Thought Germany v Portugal was worst game so far? Twas billed up to be the best.
Bit harsh Cashy..reckon it was more or less a home game for the Germans..Portugal did stir it up in the second half and looked like scoring.. turned out to be a decent game in the last 15 mins.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 09:09   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Bit harsh Cashy..reckon it was more or less a home game for the Germans..Portugal did stir it up in the second half and looked like scoring.. turned out to be a decent game in the last 15 mins.
Not harsh Mancie, Didn't say it was a bad game, Said "Worst Game So Far" n i stand by that.
Old 10-06-2012, 09:18   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Watched both group B games tonight, might need to re-assess my view of Holland after tonights showing against Denmark, the Danes looked good, solid & businesslike after an initial starting phase of cautiousness.

Portugal could still be a contender if they turn it up like they did after going behind to the Hermans & I was so looking forward to taking the pish on Monday...... looks like that's on hold for the time being.
Holland were very poor last night Dave, even though they had 20 odd shots they never looked like scoring Van Percy was well of beam all the match.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:10   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Hehe...absolute gem

Love it - & it certainly beats Chris Kamara's effort with the official song for England
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 18:17   #36
Resting in Peace

Spain v Italy wasn't bad in the second half, but Torres has totally lost it now
Old 10-06-2012, 18:39   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Is it just me gets annoyed wi that Stupid bloody logo they keep flashing on screen every few mins?
Old 11-06-2012, 04:47   #38
Senior Member+

Fell asleep at half time watching the German game,{must have been jet lag**. Should have fell asleep watching the Irish game! Enjoyed the Spain-Italy match and the ref let them knock each other around with was nice. Fingers crossed for England tomorrow.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:35   #39
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Is it just me gets annoyed wi that Stupid bloody logo they keep flashing on screen every few mins?
Ya that and Childs its really annoying
Old 11-06-2012, 18:11   #40
Resting in Peace

Well quite a good game really, its a long time sinse I saw England keep their shape right through a match like they did today, they just looked a wee bit light up front, but 10 out of 10 for effort
Old 11-06-2012, 21:47   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thought it wasn't a bad match, Fer me England had first 45, France second half, so overall 1-1 about right, Made a nice change fer England to try n pass the ball. So oer 6 weeks Hodgson aint done bad.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:08   #42
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Thought it wasn't a bad match, Fer me England had first 45, France second half, so overall 1-1 about right, Made a nice change fer England to try n pass the ball. So oer 6 weeks Hodgson aint done bad.
The only real problem I could see was that the forwards weren't able to keep the ball or hold it up, think that Fat Lad will make the difference after he's finished his enforced sabbatical. Lets just hope that we get a bit better ref too, I was dreading one of the frogs going down in the box it would have been a certain penalty, the ref missed a lot of fouls by the frogs and very little by England
Old 12-06-2012, 18:25   #43
God Member

I think England were well organised against the French but yes we do look light up front.. biggest worry was that some midfield players were knackered after 75 mins and this was only the 1st match!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 18:29   #44
Resting in Peace

Hell, Cech nearly cost his side dearly in tonight's match what a bloomer that was, could believe that Milan Baros is still playing it seems ages since he was plying his trade at Anfield, although he has slowed down a tad
Old 12-06-2012, 18:44   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I think England were well organised against the French but yes we do look light up front.. biggest worry was that some midfield players were knackered after 75 mins and this was only the 1st match!
Was 28 Degrees, thought he woulda put "Fresh Legs" on a bit sooner to be honest.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..