Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > General Sport and Hobby Talk > Football
Donate! Join Today

Football Talk about anything football related here..Any teams, any topic - so long as its football!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2012, 18:24   #106
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!
Re: Euro 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Be gentle with Dave you need to nurture him more
A Pint would suffice. And come on the Danes tonight against the Hermans, can't see the Cloggies turning it round though against the Potugiesies, ah well let's see what happens.
Old 17-06-2012, 20:15   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
A Pint would suffice. And come on the Danes tonight against the Hermans, can't see the Cloggies turning it round though against the Potugiesies, ah well let's see what happens.

Cheers It's 1 all draws all round as it stands!
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 20:43   #108
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

So it'll be Germans picking on the Greeks again & Portugiesies cashing in Czechs. Sounds like the EU.
Old 17-06-2012, 21:25   #109
God Member

Safe to say Holland looked bad and Portugal looked good tonight "twinkle toes" had his boots on and was a decent game..all in all this has been an entertaining week thanks to the Euros.. bring on the Ukraine!
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2012, 22:03   #110
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I watched the Krauts, not as good as norm, but relentless. only side thats won all 3 in this comp, plus all 10 qualifying matches. What was pathetic though at 1-1 the danes should have had a penalty, Pundits said it was a stonewall un, I never thought so, until the slow replay, How those knobs can call the ref fer that is beyond me.......... N i wanted the krauts to get beat.

Last edited by cashman; 17-06-2012 at 22:07.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2012, 03:06   #111
Senior Member+

I watched the Portugal/Holland game, a good one with Portugal worth the win. Looks like it should be Portugal and Germany going through to the semis with lots of possibilities who their opposition will be.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 00:30   #112
Senior Member+

Not a bad game today, Spain played the nice footy but Croatia had more than their share of chances. Spain win 1-0 on an offside goal but just about deserved to go through.
Old 19-06-2012, 09:14   #113
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Not a bad game today, Spain played the nice footy but Croatia had more than their share of chances. Spain win 1-0 on an offside goal but just about deserved to go through.
Its a pity it wasn't a 1-1 in which case, using the convoluted scoring system Spain would be back home this morning and Croatia had more than one great chance to score, probably more clear cut chances than Spain
Old 19-06-2012, 12:28   #114
Rest in Peace

I agree with both posts,I think in the premier that goal would have been offside. Help me out as any team been awarded a penalty kick even though there have been numerous fouls in the box, have they banned them?
claytonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 15:18   #115
Senior Member+

Sorry Jaysay, if the score had ended 1-1 Spain would still have gone through.
There would have been no advantage by any team as Spain, Italy and Croatia would then have tied all their games. They would have all ended on 5 points so Spain would still have won the division with Italy second and Croatia third on goal difference. I know, clear as mud but there it is!!!
Old 19-06-2012, 15:59   #116
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
There would have been no advantage by any team as Spain, Italy and Croatia would then have tied all their games. They would have all ended on 5 points so Spain would still have won the division with Italy second and Croatia third on goal difference. I know, clear as mud but there it is!!!
If yeh draw all 3 games,How the hell do yeh end up wi 5pts?
Old 19-06-2012, 16:21   #117
God Member

Anyway, the WAGS have turned up and Rooney is back.

Ukraine 2 - England 1

Lets say goodnight for another two years.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 16:53   #118
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If yeh draw all 3 games,How the hell do yeh end up wi 5pts?
He means all games between Spain, Italy & Croatia would have been drawn Cashy !!

Don't forget they've all given the Ooirish a beating !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-2012, 17:12   #119
Senior Member+

Now tealeaf stop stirring it, or maybe you had a dream last night. I'll take a pint on England.
Old 19-06-2012, 17:39   #120
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Spain would have been eliminated because Croatia scored more goals than Spain in the mini league of the three teams, or according to the boffins last night, when italy scored their second goal a goal the by Croatia would have knocked Spain out

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..