Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2014, 22:14   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: 2014/15 Season Ticket Launch and Fans Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
Yes Cashy, some one posted it on face book, and one of the responders said they would post it on here, so I answered it to stop all the silly and questionable comments that come with a question like that.
Its a question I've been asked many times over the years.
Why is it so important as to who played football or cricket with any team before WW1. Beats me.
It matters mate, to anyone who loves any sport,I only found out after he croaked that me dad played cricket fer accy,around before n after WW2, it really gave me a boost.
Stevie R likes this.
Old 08-04-2014, 22:26   #47
bdc

All good on the season ticket prices and structure, just hope matchday prices aren't increased too much.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 22:54   #48
God Member

fantastic that the club have finally listened on advertising part payments. For one reason or another I've managed only one game this season but with this in mind I may partake of one for next year
Old 09-04-2014, 06:13   #49

It was an unusual type of fans forum, in that we all sat quietly while the club hierarchy told us all the great stuff they do. And we must be jolly grateful to them for doing it!!!
One fan suggested that the tannoy was unclear, another complained that the exterior lighting didn't work. They were put straight, right away!
The fans liaison officer (Rob?) led the forum well but it was impossible to hear most of the rest. The crowd safety officer spoke to us like we were naughty boys in the head's office, not paying customers. Apparently when we come to the match it is like us visiting his house, so we shouldn't turn up drunk and should stand where we are told to stand. He did say we could contact him if there are any problems. But didn't give out his mobile phone number.....
Anyone who wants improved fan facilities should get in queue behind floodlights, changing rooms, control room etc etc

But the season tickets prices were well received (renewed mine) & it was good to hear of the work of the community trust.
This club continues to entertain, delight, frustrate and infuriate. In the next life I will be a Bayern/Real Madrid/Juventus fan:-)
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 07:23   #50
Super Moderator

Mr SC, sorry you feel that way; however sadly there are no changes in FL regulations about improved spectator facilities; although these improvements are on "our wish list". FL regulations are mandatory as part of our continued membership.

We have spent a lot of money on the PA system but will ask (as it's part of the annnual safety checks) if we can get the guy in to check out the area that was mentioned.

I asked the electrician about the specific light you mentioned and there have been some cables damaged over the years that need tracing. Again will add it to the maintenence list.

I'll check with Cliff with regards to the "release" of his mobile number, but as you said said it was offered.

We think we do an OK job, if we don't please pass on your comments and we promise to listen and explain and improve

Last edited by Mr T; 09-04-2014 at 07:26. Reason: spelling
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:38   #51
Senior Member+

mr.t
you just dont get it.

No one disputes there are regulations to enforce.
Its the emphasis and interpretation of those rules and the manner they are implemented.

Ask yourself why an increasing number of league 2 clubs stewards are considered better than stanleys?
smudgie likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 10:13   #52
Super Moderator

DAV007

Please tell me what I don't get.

We agree that there have been things wrong in the past; we agree that there is always need to have high standards and fans/supporters/customters have the right to be treated in the correct manner?

Did that not come across last night?

Once again my offer stands to meet up for a brew or a beer so I can find out exactly what your concens are.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:06   #53
God Member

[QUOTE=DAV007;1101812]mr.t you just dont get it. QUOTE]

It's obvious that Mr.T does get it. He gets it in the neck every day from some folk.
DAV007 likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:54   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
fantastic that the club have finally listened on advertising part payments. For one reason or another I've managed only one game this season but with this in mind I may partake of one for next year
Glad to hear that mate.

The question of on line was asked last night, here is the link to the form.

Online Season Ticket Form (April) - Accrington Stanley FC

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 14:46   #55
God Member

I think the season ticket prices and early bird scheme is the fairest and most well thought out yet.

Taking out the ambiguity of the early bird scheme and including a two-stage promotion is a clever move. In previous years the 'cut-off' date would invariably be shifted on a couple of weeks, so people relaxed and waited to buy.

Well done all at the club.

Now the big task of promotion starts - ram it down the throats of everyone in Accrington and the surrounding areas. Use staff/volunteers to hold stalls in supermarkets and town cetres. Go further than before. Tap the cash cow that is the Ribble Valley. Employ school kids on half-term break to leaflet drop for free tickets & a shop item in return. Get older kids on breaks from colleges and universities to draw up and send press releases to national papers/news/football programmes and invite them to cover a case study on the lowest-priced season tickets in League Football.

If it's bodies and skills that are needed to go that extra mile - ask. The hardcore 1000 are a dedicated bunch (the start of this season tested it!) and a lot of them will have something they can offer in some way.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 17:00   #56
God Member

Smile Re: 2014/15 Season Ticket Launch and Fans Forum

Shaker, thanks for the ideas - much appreciated, but thanks even more for the positve reply. This set of prices took plenty of working and the one thing that was at the centre of it, was the FANs, all of our FANs and finding ways in which we could enable them to purchase a ticket.

We really did hope that we did everything to achieve this.

Thanks once again mate

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 21:10   #57

I hope that I wasn't being too negative with my write up above. As I say, it's great to hear all the good stuff the club does e.g the community trust. And the ticket offer is very good, especially the option to spread payment over the summer.
But if someone says the tannoy can't be heard from his seat why not ask him where he sits and promise to check it out? And if people comment that the exterior lighting doesn't work, don't just shrug shoulders and blame a previous electrician. And I would like to see the safety officer say that he will respond to complaints and comments (obviously within the bounds of ground regs etc)
We all know the club have no money, and we don't want to be the next Hereford or Aldershot but customer service need not cost money.

There is a whole lot of good stuff going on at the club that we can take pride in. But we have few enough customers without alienating any more than absolutely necessary.
Pendle Red and DAV007 like this.
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 21:17   #58
Senior Member+

When do we expect the flexi ticket to be announced?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 21:53   #59
bdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
When do we expect the flexi ticket to be announced?
Later in the year, would guess around July once matchday prices have been decided.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 05:25   #60
God Member

There was a mention that that there would be some advertising on 2BR for the Season Tickets which is a good format to take.

I really would like to see the Club have a genuine marketing budget even if that means taking a hit on the playing side.

There was talk about two pre-season friendlies against our Bigger East Lancs neighbours.

One thing that was missing for me was Keil up the front as he is the one person from the Club we probably interact with most on a Matchday.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..