Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Myfootballclub (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/myfootballclub-30663.html)

Jesus_was_A_red_ 11-05-2007 16:13

Myfootballclub

Visit this site and lets get stanley bought and to the premiership. You pick the team, signings, where money is spent, what developments are made on and off the pitch etc. Its basically taking fantasy football or computer simulation management games to the ultimate level. 50,000 members across the world pay 35 pounds membership for the fund to take over equalling 1.75 million to purchase a club and its almost certain it will be a lower league club that can build for the future. Stanley currently lie 3rd behind cambridge in 2nd and leeds united in 1st although as previously stated its likley to be a LOWER league club. Get voting.:) myfootballclub

maccawozzagod 11-05-2007 16:14

Re: Myfootballclub

you might want to take a look here Jesus

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=30618

11 threads down from this one at the mo ;)

ukcowboy 11-05-2007 16:16

This subject is already covered in another post:-

For the Whalley Out Brigade, started by Bradshawboy!

Jesus_was_A_red_ 11-05-2007 16:17

worth a try:D i think its a go idea

maccawozzagod 11-05-2007 16:25

have you spent your £35 yet?

and I think that voting on team selection is a stupid idea. The webstie says that the manager will brief the website on his ideas, scouting reports etc but the vote would take away his ability to make a last minute decision if they change their expected team sheet. And what about substitutions? do we all need laptops (we'd need a bigger stand) to keep in touch with the bench.

Some parts of it sound okay, but how does it differ from a standard share issue. Maybe ASFC could stick a thousand shares up for grabs and do some form of it in principle only?

It wont get my money but no doubt 50000 will be easily parted from their money and end up Partick Thistle or Dunoogan!

ossyclogger 11-05-2007 16:39

Eric would surely have to want to sell the club , and I don't think that he would agree to a tinpot scheme like this . He won't even sell to a "bone fide"
businessman like Mr Kahn .

Chimer 11-05-2007 17:06

:eek: Some of you seem to be taking this seriously !

It's a scam, keep your money in your pocket or give it to the roo fund.

lancsdave 11-05-2007 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimer (Post 422741)
:eek: Some of you seem to be taking this seriously !

It's a scam, keep your money in your pocket or give it to the roo fund.

I think it will make the news headlines eventually. Can't beleive people would even consider giving them money:eek:

maccawozzagod 11-05-2007 19:30

it has made the news! its on GMTV on monday morning (?), its been all over the BBC websites as well, and the Lancs Telegraph. Then again its not been on the fishy site so maybe its not true yet :D

Tin Monkey 11-05-2007 19:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by maccawozzagod (Post 422808)
Then again its not been on the fishy site so maybe its not true yet :D

Oooooooooo.... you're on thin ice there. :D

maccawozzagod 11-05-2007 20:08

skating blade invented - whoosh - I'm on my r s now!

:Banane49:

Jesus_was_A_red_ 12-05-2007 20:53

Picking the team etc would be a step too far. But if we need a roof for 500,000 then these 50,000 people who are probably willing to stick a tenner in now and again are going to provide it. if We need 100,000 to sign whoever then its 2 quid each. There are positives to a club that dont have two pennies to rub together. I will pay 35 quid if stanley is the team chosen. It says that its unlikely the manager will be opposed on team selection etc and that there will still be chairman, current board and directors to run the club.

ossyclogger 12-05-2007 21:22

You are wasting your time . The club is not for sale , and that's that .

mthead 12-05-2007 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossyclogger (Post 423330)
You are wasting your time . The club is not for sale , and that's that .

Think I've heard that statement before:mad: If there is shares to be had you can't stop it.Unless your from USA or Russia:mad:

ossyclogger 13-05-2007 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mthead (Post 423374)
Think I've heard that statement before:mad: If there is shares to be had you can't stop it.Unless your from USA or Russia:mad:

OK , I'll rephrase that . I would be extremly surprised if Eric were to sell his club .