Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 12:02   #16
God Member

Re: Burton match thread

its an age thing Winstanley, Cashman and Wynonie are what we loosely call "Seniors" and this is the kind of excitement they could do with out!

You've gotta agree that a relegation battle is far more intense than anything else in football, particularly when the trapdoor is as large as it is from League 2 to the Conf
DaveinGermany likes this.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2013, 12:25   #17
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
its an age thing Winstanley, Cashman and Wynonie are what we loosely call "Seniors" and this is the kind of excitement they could do with out!

You've gotta agree that a relegation battle is far more intense than anything else in football, particularly when the trapdoor is as large as it is from League 2 to the Conf
No-ones saying it aint more intense, anyone that wishes we were in it rather than safe is a numpty, That aint senior talk, tis common sense.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:54   #18
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

The wimps "must man up"! One day they'll look back with fond memories of today's battle!!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 14:10   #19

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Great start
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 14:25   #20

Brilliant, been on nights, just woke up to see this score!
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 15:59   #21
Senior Member+

Excellent character shown against promotion chasing side - well done lads!

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 16:27   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Any neutral watching today would without doubt have said Stanley were the side chasing promotion, Deserved to win that un no question, Burton were not at the races until we gifted em just before half time, in fairness there second 2 were good goals, We had a disallowed un which i thought very doubtful? also smashed one against crossbar. overall a great afternoon, wrong result imho.
Old 01-04-2013, 16:29   #23
Senior Member+

How massive is Saturday now?
Div3North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 16:40   #24

Thank god we nicked a point from this poser

http://www.davidmixner.com/2013/01/a...ing-model.html
cashman and yonmon like this.
Old 01-04-2013, 16:50   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Gordon Bennett were yeh found that mate?
Old 01-04-2013, 16:51   #26
God Member

this is going down to the oxford game noooooooo but we should have enough to see off york
Old 01-04-2013, 16:55   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyfan View Post
Thank god we nicked a point from this poser

DavidMixner.com - Live From Hell's Kitchen
Aye, it was a sweet, sweet moment when the pig-ugly beggar spilt Lee's shot for Beattie to blast it past him after he had been taunting the Clayton End with his time wasting. Disagree with Dan when he says Rab had no chance with the free kick. We were right behind it and although struck with great power it went straight and true. A better goalie would have saved it. I can't blame him for their first goal though, which was down to Murphy being all at sea again. How he keeps his place is beyond me. His touch is atrocious and I'll be going to York fearing what he might mess up again if he gets a start, which I have a horrible feeling will be the case. Where would be without Lee Molyneux? If he's not blasting them in the net he is giving keepers nightmares with his cannon ball shooting.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 16:55   #28

my church minister rang me at final whistle to say we obviously know all about ressurection weekend up in Accy. Being of the same mature vintage as Cashy & Wynonie, I've been on the point for weeks now of asking if he could recomend a good monastery for lads of a nervous disposition !
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 17:13   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Whilst agree Murphy was not good at all, Thought our keeper should have shouted, Murphy saw him in centre of area, Then Rab moved up behind him n never called.
Old 01-04-2013, 17:29   #30
Senior Member+

Keep it short and sweet,the keeper cost us today.35 yards out,against the wind and it goes straight over his head!,not good enough.
The first,I would again look at the keeper,murphs cut the thro ball out,and is horrified to see the keeper on walkabout ,again,not good enough,if murph doesn't get it,the keeper defo wouldn't,
The team showed great character in coming back,and played/defended really well against the wind.
Settle for a point against a decent team.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..