Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Burton match thread (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/burton-match-thread-63898.html)

choirboy 29-03-2013 20:00

Burton match thread

Following the great result at Wycombe on Good Friday..:theband: (a very good Friday indeed!).. I celebrated over my fillet steak with the best part of a whole bottle of RED vino, (Mrs choirboy only managed to get half a glass!) :D
Well, seeing as I am on a bit of a high I decided to pitch in and start a thread for the Easter Monday match against Burton. I am not a "Stats" man but.... The team are on a bit of a roll after some great results and good performances recently. Leam and the boys have turned the tide and another win on monday will continue the climb up the division away from danger.
Get down to The Crown..... (The Interlink Frazer Bird Soiled First something or other Stadium??) or whatever we call it these days. Bring loads of friends, relatives, neighbours and people off the street and get them behind The Reds. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!:theband:

accybeme 30-03-2013 09:45

Re: Burton match thread

Nice!! I only wish Stanley were as stingy about given away points as you are with your vino

smobile 30-03-2013 09:48

(The Interlink Frazer Bird Soiled First something or other Stadium??)

:rofl38:

accybeme 30-03-2013 12:41

choirboy you've chosen a very important day to start a match thread

The Bank Holiday fixtures are very interesting;
I’ll have one eye on the Stanley V Burton game
and the other one fixed on the score lines coming in from the Wombles V Barnet & York v Plymouth games.
this day alone could have massive implications for a lot of clubs in the lower regions of league two

choirboy 31-03-2013 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by accybeme (Post 1049897)
choirboy you've chosen a very important day to start a match thread

The Bank Holiday fixtures are very interesting;
I’ll have one eye on the Stanley V Burton game
and the other one fixed on the score lines coming in from the Wombles V Barnet & York v Plymouth games.
this day alone could have massive implications for a lot of clubs in the lower regions of league two

Yes AccyBeMe, you are dead right about keeping an eye on other clubs results.:alright: It will keep us all on edge, working out the mathematics, wanting some teams to draw and others to lose???:cool: For us Monday and next Saturday at York City are becoming so important. I have been trying to rally some of my friends who watch Blackburn Rovers to get down to The Crown on Monday.:) Going to work on my two sons in law this afternoon, over our family meal, to try to get them to come on too??:mosher:
COME ON YOU REDS :theband:

cashman 31-03-2013 13:59

Yer quite right, in my view 4 pts from those 2 games n were well safe.

nige b 31-03-2013 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1050108)
Yer quite right, in my view 4 pts from those 2 games n were well safe.

Bit optimistic there Cashy, 3 points from our fishy friends on the 12th and I may relax a bit!

winstanley asfc 01-04-2013 02:00

A proper match today! Two teams fighting for points but for different reasons. It's surely better than an end of season mid table nothingness? C'mon you Reds!!!:cheers:

accybeme 01-04-2013 05:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by winstanley asfc (Post 1050285)
A proper match today! Two teams fighting for points but for different reasons. It's surely better than an end of season mid table nothingness? C'mon you Reds!!!:cheers:

(Mid table nothingness) I’d refer to it as mid table happiness, there’s a lot to be said for that mid table happiness and knowing we have secured our league status

Wynonie Harris 01-04-2013 09:52

Quote:

It's surely better than an end of season mid table nothingness?

Are you mad? I WOULD love us to be playing a meaningless, mid-table match today! Sod excitement, give me boring mid-table security!

cashman 01-04-2013 10:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1050335)
Are you mad? I WOULD love us to be playing a meaningless, mid-table match today! Sod excitement, give me boring mid-table security!

Loony Tunes is the correct Address fer him.:rolleyes:

winstanley asfc 01-04-2013 11:53

Seriously though, You can't beat a good battle! I know of plenty who are going today because of the importance of the match who wouldn't be going if we had nowt to play for!!:dogrun:

Greeny 01-04-2013 11:54

Hope we play better than we did on Fri, but with the same result.COME ON YOU REDS

winstanley asfc 01-04-2013 11:55

Seriously though, You can't beat a good battle! :boxing_smI know of plenty who are going today because of the importance of the match who wouldn't be going if we had nowt to play for!!:cheers:

cashman 01-04-2013 11:55

Quote:

. It's surely better than an end of season mid table nothingness? C'mon you Reds!!!:cheers:

The word serious needs explaining to yeh.:rolleyes: