Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2013, 20:00   #1
Senior Member+

Burton match thread

Following the great result at Wycombe on Good Friday.. (a very good Friday indeed!).. I celebrated over my fillet steak with the best part of a whole bottle of RED vino, (Mrs choirboy only managed to get half a glass!)
Well, seeing as I am on a bit of a high I decided to pitch in and start a thread for the Easter Monday match against Burton. I am not a "Stats" man but.... The team are on a bit of a roll after some great results and good performances recently. Leam and the boys have turned the tide and another win on monday will continue the climb up the division away from danger.
Get down to The Crown..... (The Interlink Frazer Bird Soiled First something or other Stadium??) or whatever we call it these days. Bring loads of friends, relatives, neighbours and people off the street and get them behind The Reds. COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!!
Outback Ozzy and smobile like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 29-03-2013 at 20:02.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-03-2013, 09:45   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Burton match thread

Nice!! I only wish Stanley were as stingy about given away points as you are with your vino
smobile likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 09:48   #3

(The Interlink Frazer Bird Soiled First something or other Stadium??)

smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2013, 12:41   #4
Senior Member+

choirboy you've chosen a very important day to start a match thread

The Bank Holiday fixtures are very interesting;
I’ll have one eye on the Stanley V Burton game
and the other one fixed on the score lines coming in from the Wombles V Barnet & York v Plymouth games.
this day alone could have massive implications for a lot of clubs in the lower regions of league two
Old 31-03-2013, 13:53   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
choirboy you've chosen a very important day to start a match thread

The Bank Holiday fixtures are very interesting;
I’ll have one eye on the Stanley V Burton game
and the other one fixed on the score lines coming in from the Wombles V Barnet & York v Plymouth games.
this day alone could have massive implications for a lot of clubs in the lower regions of league two
Yes AccyBeMe, you are dead right about keeping an eye on other clubs results. It will keep us all on edge, working out the mathematics, wanting some teams to draw and others to lose??? For us Monday and next Saturday at York City are becoming so important. I have been trying to rally some of my friends who watch Blackburn Rovers to get down to The Crown on Monday. Going to work on my two sons in law this afternoon, over our family meal, to try to get them to come on too??
COME ON YOU REDS
cashman likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2013, 13:59   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Yer quite right, in my view 4 pts from those 2 games n were well safe.
Old 31-03-2013, 15:53   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Yer quite right, in my view 4 pts from those 2 games n were well safe.
Bit optimistic there Cashy, 3 points from our fishy friends on the 12th and I may relax a bit!
Old 01-04-2013, 02:00   #8
Full Member+

A proper match today! Two teams fighting for points but for different reasons. It's surely better than an end of season mid table nothingness? C'mon you Reds!!!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:07   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
A proper match today! Two teams fighting for points but for different reasons. It's surely better than an end of season mid table nothingness? C'mon you Reds!!!

(Mid table nothingness) I’d refer to it as mid table happiness, there’s a lot to be said for that mid table happiness and knowing we have secured our league status
Old 01-04-2013, 09:52   #10
Super Moderator

Quote:
It's surely better than an end of season mid table nothingness?
Are you mad? I WOULD love us to be playing a meaningless, mid-table match today! Sod excitement, give me boring mid-table security!
Old 01-04-2013, 10:05   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Are you mad? I WOULD love us to be playing a meaningless, mid-table match today! Sod excitement, give me boring mid-table security!
Loony Tunes is the correct Address fer him.
Wynonie Harris and yonmon like this.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:53   #12
Full Member+

Seriously though, You can't beat a good battle! I know of plenty who are going today because of the importance of the match who wouldn't be going if we had nowt to play for!!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:54   #13
Full Member+

Hope we play better than we did on Fri, but with the same result.COME ON YOU REDS
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:55   #14
Full Member+

Seriously though, You can't beat a good battle! I know of plenty who are going today because of the importance of the match who wouldn't be going if we had nowt to play for!!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:55   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
. It's surely better than an end of season mid table nothingness? C'mon you Reds!!!
The word serious needs explaining to yeh.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..