Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2006, 12:04   #61

Re: Cart on Stanley - New Music Track

Cart on Zero, cart on!

I haven't heard or rea a bad word about the song to be honest, an it's pretty infectious. The first time I heard it, I thought it sounded a bit cheesy and cringeworthy, but it's grown on me :P

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-09-2006, 12:08   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
ill be honest and i dont like it, first time i heard it yesterday and it made me cringe, but others seem to like it so carry on playing it, but i wont be buying a copy
that not good enough diesel
Old 07-09-2006, 17:33   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
A lot of people write in not knowing what Cart On means and I`m surprised cos I`m a Ribble Valley Woollyback who`s only lived in Accrington for twenty years, but for 19.9 I`ve know the phrase.
Firstly, thanks for all the info in your post, and good luck, but I'm intrigued by the term "Cart On".

I've only lived in Lancashire for 45 years, but have never heard it, ever. Nobody I know has ever heard it, including a couple of real local historians and Accy lads from birth, and older than me.

Anybody out there use it or heard it ?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 17:43   #64
God Member

I have heard it, used to use it too when I was younger, haven't heard it used for quite a while though

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 17:58   #65

All I can say is you`re probably going to be using it a lot more from now on.

Remixed version delivered to ground today as the first one was a bit rushed to get it out in time for the Forest game.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 18:06   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins
that not good enough diesel
Your opinion doesn't count

Best Drummer in the land
7/4/2007
The Day The Ultras Formed The Cowshed Choir
Diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 18:21   #67
God Member

Just heard it for the first time(snippet).I like it.Very catchy.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 18:38   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannoy Man
The guy handed it to Lee in the club shop - so he will know what he looked like. I can't copy it as there will be copyright on it, so I will ask whoever did it to see me on Saturday, and see what he wants to do. I will play it again on Saturday just before kick off, and again at half time - nice and loud!!!

Went to see celtic cross at the Farmers glory last night, they played "Cart on Stanley" "live" for the first time, it went down brilliantly so they finished the night off by playing it again. No 1 hit (guaranteed) Should be the football anthem of the year!
dylanzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 03:47   #69

Just incase anyone missed my message while Accyweb was down (Great to have it back BTW) there`s a couple of MP3 ringtones for free download on our website now.
http://www.celticcross.co.uk/news/stanley.htm
if your lucky enough to afford a phone like that.
Lyrics to the 2 other tracks coming soon.
Old 17-09-2006, 12:28   #70
God Member

Well I have to say I think it's brill as a football anthem tune and now find myself singing along to it... not loudly of course as I don't want to clear the ground

Well done celtic cross :engsmil:

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 12:40   #71
I am Banned

I love the song its ace upon my 1st hearing yesterday, when can we get a cd copy & has the band any plans to semi release it ? as i dont have them phones yet
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 14:20   #72
God Member

when it takes hold it should be good, as Zero said, it is a tune and lyrics unique to Stanley and is good enough to sing. Repeateable lyrics, very learnable, child friendly, able to be sung loudly.

"....and now we wanna hear you, and now we wanna hear you, and now we wanna hear you........clap clap Stanley, clap clap Stanley clap clap Stanley clap clap Stanley"

Cart on Stanley cart on.........
Old 17-09-2006, 18:05   #73

Smile Re: Cart on Stanley - New Music Track

I Love It And Its A Really Catchy Tune
rocketste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 02:29   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel
has the band any plans to semi release it ?
Why would you just want half of it ? (I dont have one of them phones either I just set mine to vibrate and shout it out myself when it goes off)

Update time for the growing posse off Cart on Lovers

We had an 8 hour session today (Sun) and finished the recording of "I love the smell of Accy in the morning" I will put the lyrics up on the Celtic Cross website as soon as I can so you`ll know what the blinking heck I`m on about (When the only morning I see is 0.00am to 5 or 6am)
This is a nice light acoustic song designed to appeal to people who might find the other 2 a bit heavy or punk rock, It`s also very quirky and catchy (But unfortunately still has that same crap singer, can someone have a word with Elton while at Watford)
We also got the Trumpet down for a slightly corrupted ring of fire intro to "Stanley`s Back". This now needs Bass and Guitar to be had on Wed and a weekend session should see off the vocals. From there mixdown will be done through the week and hopefully by that time we will already have a production firm selected and just be wondering where the bloomin heck the money`s gonna come from to actually do it.

Every post in this forum truly delights me and I want to thank you all again for your comments (Oh except Timmins of course)

LUV
Z

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 18-09-2006, 02:42   #75

Ooops I forgot.

BIG BIG BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG thanks go out to the Tannoy Man Who has been playing it every home game. I turned the corner off Livingstone road on saturday and the drumbeat started. Perfect Timing I felt like Bob Geldof for a minute.
Cheers
LUV
Z

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..