Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should Coleman and Bell go?
Yes 23 26.14%
No 65 73.86%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-11-2007, 23:19   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Coleman & Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Expect to see my amazing Johnny Coleman football genius banner loud and proud
You got a banner that sings....

these scousers think of everything

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Accrington Web
Old 05-11-2007, 06:41   #47
God Member

There are still lots of positives:
If anyone had said at the start of the season we would occupy mid table I would have took that!
We have made some astute signings on a very limited budget
I still think we have nothing to fear of any club that has played at the FES so far this season
We maybe small in terms of supporter numbers but is there any club that has more passionate supporters in League Two?
The Club is on an even keel finacially!
As for whether Coley & Jimmy Bell have took as far as possible the answer is a resounding no!
Perhaps the biggest problem we do have is we are punching above our weight and that raises everybodies expectations!

I Am Definately Keeping The Faith

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS

Last edited by Pendle Red; 05-11-2007 at 06:48.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:43   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad
Thats one thing i really dont get at all maybe a poll should be done
Ask Oggy, he'll set one up for you.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:09   #49
I am Banned

this is for the 6 hypercritical so called fans and for all those who are slagging coley and jb off,accrington stanley would not be where they are today if it was not for these 2,ok things do go wrong sometimes but we are 12th in a difficult league and are a full time professional football club, so what happens if they go, and where does asfc go, IF IT AINT BROKEN DONT FIX IT. ok we have no devine right to win every match and coley might not be the complete football genius,but for f**ks sake lay off the man,COULD YOU DO ANY BETTER
Old 05-11-2007, 10:11   #50
Resting In Peace

Our defence is, and has been for ages, CRAP. Last season Coley signed Julian N'Da and didn't play him, he signed Mauro Almeda and didn't play him, this season he has signed Sean Webb and he won't play him, why sign these players and pay them wages when he has no intention of playing them ? Rocky and Cav are the first names on the team sheet, how many bad games must they have before they are dropped ? How many points have they cost us over the seasons ? On Saturday there was only one chant of 'dodgy keeper' from the opposition fans this happens nearly every week. Who can say that they have confidence in Dunbavin ? Last season our defence was the worst in the league, this season it is no better. We have added Roberts who has taken the place of Welch/Antwi, we have added Branch who has taken the place of Rodgers (and is just about as useless). Dunbavin is first choice keeper at the moment, yet he wasn't good enough to get in the team last season, he played second string to loan keepers. In Saturdays programme notes Coley once again said that our defence has to improve and that we are working on it in training. When will he realise that no amount of work in training is going to improve a player's ability, when will he realise that one or two of the defenders are just not good enough and never will be, when will he make the changes in defence that he has keeps threatening to do ? Probably never. We will just have to carry on watching our desperate defending. On Saturday I never saw any of the defenders talking to each other, nobody organising the defence at set pieces, they were all just roaming around like lost sheep. As I have said for years now IF WE HAD A DEFENCE WE WOULD BE DANGEROUS.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:52   #51

Look at Charlton. Curbishley was consistently geeting them top half finishes. However this wasn't good enough for a greedy few who wanted Europe despite limited resources. He leaves, and instead of playing Man U and Arsenal, they're rolling up at Burnley and Blackpool.

Similiar situation here. If the Messiah left, we'd slide down the leagues quicker then you can say "League 2".

Bishop Auckland on a Tuesay night anyone?
Old 05-11-2007, 13:01   #52
Senior Member+

There are some remarkable posts in this thread. Once the heart takes over from the head, it is so easy to reply to what you think people have said rather than what they have actually said.
Old 05-11-2007, 13:26   #53
Super Moderator

I also don't think they should go, because, yes, they have achieved miracles on limited resources. But as Jeff says, they are not using those limited resources to the full. What's the point of playing dodgy defenders week in, week out, when you have the likes of Webb sitting on the bench?
Old 05-11-2007, 13:38   #54
God Member

True wynonie plus wasting a fair bit of money too buying players & not using them appropriately & dead end wage bills

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 05-11-2007, 13:40   #55
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I also don't think they should go, because, yes, they have achieved miracles on limited resources. But as Jeff says, they are not using those limited resources to the full. What's the point of playing dodgy defenders week in, week out, when you have the likes of Webb sitting on the bench?
Am I the only one who hasn't seen any evidence of Webb being any better than any Unibond defender... let alone Rocky or Roberts?
Old 05-11-2007, 15:56   #56
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Am I the only one who hasn't seen any evidence of Webb being any better than any Unibond defender... let alone Rocky or Roberts?
How many time have you seen him play ?
Old 05-11-2007, 16:53   #57

coley to remain at the helm. But I do agree certain members of the team need to be dropped. Who could come in and do better on such a tight budget and without spending a penny on transfer fees?
Old 05-11-2007, 17:15   #58
Senior Member+

one of his biggest clangers will go down as giving john miles a 2 year deal.

hope miles gets 2 tommorrow night and proves me wrong.

he wont, he is bone idol.
Old 05-11-2007, 17:20   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
one of his biggest clangers will go down as giving john miles a 2 year deal.

hope miles gets 2 tommorrow night and proves me wrong.

he wont, he is bone idol.
Dog with a bone, pal?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Old 05-11-2007, 18:13   #60
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Dog with a bone, pal?
Something for him to chew on as he idles the evening away?
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..