Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Accrington Stanley (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/)
-   -   Coleman & Bell (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/coleman-and-bell-34567.html)

yerself 04-11-2007 10:58

Coleman & Bell

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagpuss
I get the impression from how this thread is going that John Coleman is losing the tag Football Genius?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red
He and Jimmy Bell have done a fantastic job for the club, but I have felt for some time that League 2 is possibly one step too far for their skills. I have said this in previous threads.

After yesterday's abysmal performance against Notts County and the sometimes bewildering substitution policy of the (so called) Football Genius, is it time that the club found a new manager ? I ,for one, agree with the above comments, but what about everyone else?

Oggy 04-11-2007 11:09

Re: Coleman & Bell

Can any idiot start a poll?

yerself 04-11-2007 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggy

Of course they can. I did.:D

Haggis316 04-11-2007 11:16

No.

Over all no one could do a better job at our level and with our resources.

cmonstanley 04-11-2007 11:26

only if it was as easy as that the only way i would say yes if the new manager was going to bring a couple of million quid build a building to house the asfc exhibition reduce prices to 7 squid free drinks at bar etc

Tin Monkey 04-11-2007 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggy (Post 488458)

It looks that way. :rolleyes:

Revived Red 04-11-2007 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggis316 (Post 488461)
Over all no one could do a better job at our level and with our resources.

This is exactly the point. Do Coley and Bell make the best use of our resources? Just three examples for starters. It seems odd that (a) Sean Webb is left on the bench; (b) Leighton McGivern is not used more often; (c) Mauro Almeida was neglected during his time with us.

We cannot say for certain that "no-one could do a better job". Did anyone read the survey in The Times last week that proved beyond doubt that there is an improvement when clubs change manager? The objective and statistical analysis made interesting reading.

smudgie 04-11-2007 12:12

no they should definately stay.

no resources to work with and we are still comfortable in the league.

however i would like to see more subs used when its obvious it is not working.

and mcgivern given a chance

Haggis316 04-11-2007 12:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 488470)
Did anyone read the survey in The Times last week that proved beyond doubt that there is an improvement when clubs change manager? The objective and statistical analysis made interesting reading.

Like things improved for Accy [not] after Walter Galbraith left in the fifties?

Revived Red 04-11-2007 12:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggis316 (Post 488473)
Like things improved for Accy [not] after Walter Galbraith left in the fifties?

Of course there is not an improvement in EVERY case - the survey never suggested that. Of course examples can be given of deterioration after a change of manager. Overall, though, the figures displayed that team performance does improve after a change of manager. I stress the word OVERALL.

baldy 04-11-2007 13:21

How long ago was it since Man Utd fans wanted Fergie out?

Whos gonna replace em?

I just cant belive some people on here ... how long was it we all talkin about Bradford etc

I have been supporting Stanley just under 10 years and i believe this is the best squad that we have had :D

Whos gonna replace em?

I think because we have done so well people expect it to carry on but we havnt got as much cash as some teams to spend 500k (or whatever price) on a player ... and we really do need to push for more people to come or even just to buy a stanley shirt or even a car freshener it all adds up ... so if your stuck for christmas presents look up the Stanley Store

Keep The Faith :D

Oggy 04-11-2007 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revived Red (Post 488470)
Did anyone read the survey in The Times last week that proved beyond doubt that there is an improvement when clubs change manager? The objective and statistical analysis made interesting reading.

Tend not to read Murdoch publications, and have failed to find this survey on Timesonline. Is there a link available?

Revived Red 04-11-2007 13:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oggy (Post 488502)
Tend not to read Murdoch publications, and have failed to find this survey on Timesonline. Is there a link available?

I'll search back through the papers, Oggy. I can't remember what day it was.

Revived Red 04-11-2007 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by baldy (Post 488501)
I have been supporting Stanley just under 10 years and i believe this is the best squad that we have had .....
we havnt got as much cash as some teams to spend 500k (or whatever price) on a player ... and we really do need to push for more people to come or even just to buy a stanley shirt or even a car freshener it all adds up ... so if your stuck for christmas presents look up the Stanley Store

Please read the postings in the thread. Most of us agree it is the best squad. We are discussing how this squad is used. We are not talking about spending more money on players.

And yes, we need to push for more people to come to matches. But let's not forget some recent performances at the FES. Would they inspire people to return? Why were so many leaving early yesterday, according to reports? My guess is that spectators would have been mystified yesterday by (a) the team selection and (b) the use, or rather belated and/or non-use, of substitutes.

And, again, yes - we need more people to use the Stanley Store. Hope you bought at least one 2007 calendar!!!

ddevil2006 04-11-2007 13:55

how long have some of you people been supporting Accrington Stanley ?