Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2008, 22:31   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Craney Off??

Folk are forgetting all that Ian has done for us in ALL the years he has been with us..... Short memories people, & folk who slag him off after he has bolstered our coffers TWICE should be embarressed...... Remember the promotions & good times, remember the screamer at the Bay, dancing at Burton Albion, buying us drinks on a Tuesday in Aldershot, the celebrations on the town hall balcony, his screamer against Rotherham, standin up for Bavs in Hereford bar etc etc.....

A legend

All the Best Ian, thanks for the money & the memories now do yourself proud at Tudders....

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2008, 22:33   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukcowboy View Post
If ya dont like what you read here, ****** off to the Ultras forum where all in the Stanley Garden is Rosey!!!
Apppleeees!

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 18-08-2008, 22:47   #123
AP6
Junior Member+

Ian is a top bloke a a great player and i wish him all the best.

What i am upset about is Andy Procters name being dragged through the mud!

A great player who always gives 110%

nobody minded him when he scored VERY important goals Barnet away last min winner.
Macc at home season before last 2-1 down up pops the doctor scores 2 crackers to keep us in the league.
Andy Procter a Stanley Legend!!!!!!

good look Ian John Mullin, Jimmy Ryan and soon Chris Turner are all good enough to fill the space left
AP6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 22:48   #124
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Folk are forgetting all that Ian has done for us in ALL the years he has been with us..... Short memories people, & folk who slag him off after he has bolstered our coffers TWICE should be embarressed...... Remember the promotions & good times, remember the screamer at the Bay, dancing at Burton Albion, buying us drinks on a Tuesday in Aldershot, the celebrations on the town hall balcony, his screamer against Rotherham, standin up for Bavs in Hereford bar etc etc.....

A legend

All the Best Ian, thanks for the money & the memories now do yourself proud at Tudders....
agree 100%

hope you go all the way Ian all the best
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 22:52   #125
AP6
Junior Member+

Quote:

A legend

the words of a proper accrington stanley fan!
AP6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 22:59   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP6 View Post
Ian is a top bloke a a great player and i wish him all the best.

What i am upset about is Andy Procters name being dragged through the mud!

A great player who always gives 110%

nobody minded him when he scored VERY important goals Barnet away last min winner.
Macc at home season before last 2-1 down up pops the doctor scores 2 crackers to keep us in the league.
Andy Procter a Stanley Legend!!!!!!

good look Ian John Mullin, Jimmy Ryan and soon Chris Turner are all good enough to fill the space left
nice one AP6

I dont think anyone was having a go at uhim but drawing a comparison that a ball winning engine type player is not expected to weigh in with goals whereas you might expect a creative player as highly rated as IC to score more often.

Andy Proctor and Ian Craney are two very different types of player and a comparison cannot be drawn other than on workrate. And number six wins hands down on that one
Old 18-08-2008, 23:12   #127
Senior Member+

& while I'm at it

1. Many folk who comment have seen LESS THAN 30% of his minutes in an Accy shirt. (this season)
2. If it was for Ian, we may be playing Barrow this season & never ever achieved League Status

Thats all

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 18-08-2008, 23:22   #128
God Member

Quote:
& while I'm at it

1. Many folk who comment have seen LESS THAN 30% of his minutes in an Accy shirt. (this season)
2. If it was for Ian, we may be playing Barrow this season & never ever achieved League Status

Thats all
folks
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 23:24   #129
Senior Member+

You gonna get murdered Saturday Mr.......

Ha

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Old 18-08-2008, 23:30   #130
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Athough i agree with some of what you have written and bow to your long standing surport of Stanley..we all have different views of certain players Ian is agood player when he puts his mind to it,but hes moved on and so must Stanley the past is the past,like i said in other posts good luck to the lad and i hope he does make me and others eat our words,
Old 18-08-2008, 23:32   #131
God Member

oh no were not .with our new found confindence and zander i always try hrd against rfc injured at least a score draw...our end sold out as well....was going to go but couldnae get a ticket for our end..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2008, 23:34   #132
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
oh no were not .with our new found confindence and zander i always try hrd against rfc injured at least a score draw...our end sold out as well....was going to go but couldnae get a ticket for our end..
WHAT!!!
Old 18-08-2008, 23:35   #133
Senior Member+

Already posted my opinion but put it on under football thread so not to aggrivate the powers that be Its one of them things you have to get used to loosing a cool player.We did close season with 2 leaving to close rivals Bradford Park Avenue.It happens get used to it its football.Stands bye for neg Karma well we can all play that game .Unless you have money you cant keep hold of your star players.Get your scouts down to BPA and no Im not a fan obviously I hate them
Old 18-08-2008, 23:58   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:

A legend

I Second That
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 07:20   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
what a joke if i was ian i would be happy to leave if so called fans like you have only negative things to say about him! most fans are still behind you ian and wish you good luck!

stanley ladies for promotion again

I, as you, have my own opinions on Ian Craney. I have never liked him as a footballer from when he first came to us right up to the present day. The reason for this is I loathe seeing players with acres of ability wasting that talent by just being lazy. I don't doubt the genuine ability Ian possesses but he lacks the consistant effort and application. If you want me to list Ian's possitives i will but they will forever be outweighed for me by his negatives.

And may i ask what the hell any of this has to do with the ladies team? I wouldn't start comparing Craney to any of our girls if I were you, the girls may not possesses anywhere near the quality that Ian is gifted with, but I'll tell you now you'll not find any of them lazy or lacking in effort or determination. So don't even bother to bring the girls into this.

As for Ian bringing in 2 transfer fees, (less the £85000 to bring him back) I honesty thank Ian for that, and moreover Swasea and Huddersfield, for taking him off our hands!!! But I'd have thanked him more if he'd turned in consistant 100% effort performances for us while he's been here.

Last edited by sparkie; 19-08-2008 at 07:25.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..