Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2008, 08:03   #136
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Miller View Post
Apppleeees!
Forgive me but I really cant see what the above has to do with my post. Either you are corresponding in a language that only you understand or you genuinely feel that you have added both depth and wisdom to this thread, in which case I must enroll in an english language course come September !

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by ukcowboy; 19-08-2008 at 08:06.
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2008, 08:30   #137

Re: Craney Off??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
dam..blast..*ugger...*hit.....

Well at least he wont be able to score AGAIN against my lot..unless we play 'em in the cup!
......should have also said that his wages of £1800 per week with you guys was something that we wouldn't have agreed to.....as we've already got guys on or near that figure and IC's would have taken us over the leagues rules re: wage cap.

Saved yourself a bob or two, which may be the real reason behind his move.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 08:43   #138
Dan
Senior Member+

Some very interesting (and contrasting!) views here!

Mr. Craney's departure is going to be a feature on 2BR Sport this Saturday and we're after your views on the situation: drop us an email - [email protected] with your thoughts on his departure and who should come in to replace him.

Looking forward to hearing from some of you
Ta
Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 11:20   #139
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
......should have also said that his wages of £1800 per week with you guys was something that we wouldn't have agreed to.....as we've already got guys on or near that figure and IC's would have taken us over the leagues rules re: wage cap.

Saved yourself a bob or two, which may be the real reason behind his move.
1800 a week are you sure about that CC!!Bloomin hell if thats what he was on, that will free up some cash for the club
Old 19-08-2008, 14:33   #140
Senior Member+

"£200,000 plus"

Craney deal! - Huddersfield Examiner

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 14:52   #141

good luck and thanks 4 the money 4 the seats and you be back for cut price in the jan 09
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 16:03   #142
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
so not to aggrivate the powers that be
You chicken. You're nothing but a Pongo from the Congo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mthead
2 leaving to close rivals Bradford Park Avenue.
This is an Accrington Stanley forum. How dare you so much as utter the name of another team on here? If that's the way you want to act go and get your own forum.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 17:21   #143
God Member

Craney natters

nice little interview.
Old 19-08-2008, 19:24   #144
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Could it be that Gary Roberts had a hand in the moveGood look to you Ian and Gary
Old 19-08-2008, 21:12   #145

bad for the team
good for the finances
every single team in this country have to do it apart from man utd, chelsea and liverpool
selling your best players is part of football for the rest
Jesus_was_A_red_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 21:34   #146
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_was_A_red_ View Post
bad for the team
good for the finances
every single team in this country have to do it apart from man utd, chelsea and liverpool
selling your best players is part of football for the rest
ah good to see a realist.
Old 19-08-2008, 22:04   #147
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ah good to see a realist.
Me too Cashy !...A good bit of business just when it was required !..Staying afloat is every bit as important to the Club as the'silky'skills of a non-contributory Midfielder!!

Au revoir & Bon Chance Ian!!.

'What me Worry ?'

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 23:31   #148
Full Member+

Whilst I'm sorry to see Craney leave, numerous positive points seem to outweigh the negative points in this deal.

£200K plus (if the "undisclosed figure / fee is to be believed )towards funding the building work that needs to be completed and no doubt a large wagebill off the payroll for a player who only seemingly had 12 months left on his contract,would seem to be a good bit of business.We have to face facts that we are a Selling club and in this case, unfortanetely the present financial situation at the club and faced with the offer on the table...needs must. And this time Alty don't get a large cut of the pie.

Negatives....We've lost a player who had undoubted ability, that some may argue he never properly showed to his true potential.The lad gave us all plenty of good memories and was an INTEGRAL part of our rise back to the football league. I for one thank him for the memories and wish him all the best.

After reading the squabbling that this forum seems to have descended into following Craney's sale, one fact remains.

We are now another player light in a considerably depleted squad. No matter which way you look at it, with Grant out injured for what seems to be four to six weeks and the closure of the transfer window looming ever larger, my only hope is, that whatever slice of the available funds can be afforded to Coleman is used to bring in a replacement, possibly two, who can help to strengthen the squad. After all, remember the disastrous run of form we had in our first season back in the league after the sale of Roberts and Craney.

True, we may have a points cushion now, due to three rival clubs facing points penalties due to their own financial problems, but I for one wouldn't want the club to rely on that situation to ensure a fourth season of league football.

As for the squabbling.........division and a lack of unity between supporters only creates negative vibes, which, I for one am sure the players may possibly be able to pick up on.

All in all, division, lack of unity between fans..... Hardly motivation is it ???

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.

Last edited by carpon; 19-08-2008 at 23:33. Reason: typo
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2008, 23:46   #149

£200k+ ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2008, 11:57   #150
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
£200k+ ?
Less the £20,000 cut that Swansea get.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..