Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 12:36   #106

Re: Lack of nouse for sales

I think the example of the Burnley store they had is misguided some what, because after an initial success, it became poorly run and did not carry the same offers as the club shop. Also the vacinity is closer to the club than accrington and people could park for free at the club too, So it was always going to be doomed.

Accrington however is a different kettle of fish altogether. If the council could help them with cheap rent or a % of revenue deal, Imagine we could buy our tickets there, we could get our merchandise there, book for away travel all in one place. I know Lee is great at what he does and would make a great store manager there too. Normal opening hours on top. Oh the possibilities. I sincerely hope I see it in my days. It would be a cracking way of bridging the gap and having a presence in town. Could even have player signings.. best stop before I get carried away.

On Stanley On
LewCarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2008, 12:58   #107
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
Indeed. And I'm still waiting for a reply to the email I sent enquiring when I might receive my order... Ho-hum...
A classic example of one of the club's major flaws. Here's someone from the other end of the country who is sufficiently interested in us to order merchandise. He posted on this thread on 29/12 that he hadn't received his order. Club personnel do come on this forum, so I'm sure someone must have seen his post. So wouldn't you have thought that they'd immediately jump on it and either sort the guy's order out or reassure him that it was on its way? Obviously, this hasn't happened, he's had to email again and he's STILL been ignored. Can the club not comprehend that incidents like this will not only deter the customer from repeat purchases, but will put other potential customers off spending money with the club?
Old 04-01-2008, 13:40   #108
God Member

Just to pump a little good news, tho not exactly club shop. I've FINALLY GOT MY FLEECE!! YAYYY! at Ossie mills, not expecting to find any left nor even noticed them till OH pointed em out, 1 adults one left & just my size an all [xmas & birthday rolled into one] good job i didnt get a medium would of been massive on me, this one a perfect fit & last one & now mine LOL!!

So good one Ossie Mills & Lee...........u dont need to reserve me one now, me happy

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 14:35   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
A classic example of one of the club's major flaws. Here's someone from the other end of the country who is sufficiently interested in us to order merchandise. He posted on this thread on 29/12 that he hadn't received his order. Club personnel do come on this forum, so I'm sure someone must have seen his post. So wouldn't you have thought that they'd immediately jump on it and either sort the guy's order out or reassure him that it was on its way? Obviously, this hasn't happened, he's had to email again and he's STILL been ignored. Can the club not comprehend that incidents like this will not only deter the customer from repeat purchases, but will put other potential customers off spending money with the club?
Since posting above earlier, I have now had an email reply.

(Just thought I'd mention it to be fair to the store.)

Ash

http://www.unlimitedricepudding.com/
Fatso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 14:38   #110
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatso View Post
Since posting above earlier, I have now had an email reply.

(Just thought I'd mention it to be fair to the store.)
Oh good at long last eventually lol, shame complaining here got butts moving, so are u expecting your order soon ??

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 04-01-2008, 14:54   #111
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if they dont get that side of things in order PDQ, it will be hard to keep existing fans (who live a distance away), never mind atract new ones!
Old 04-01-2008, 14:57   #112
Super Moderator

Good!...hope you get your stuff soon! It's just a pity it had to come to this.
Old 04-01-2008, 16:32   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
One club official who come's on here does try to help best he can, only last week SR was trying to help with various problems, i for one would welcome one of the directors to take up the post Director of communication, surely this would be welcomed by the fans and take pressure off the club allowing the small number of staff to concentrate on club buisness.

Bury FC have a direct e mail address to the directors that on top of a communication manager.

Eric needs to ask his fellow directors to help i know they will as they are a dedicated bunch of people with lots of knowledge.
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 16:42   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Just to pump a little good news, tho not exactly club shop. I've FINALLY GOT MY FLEECE!! YAYYY! at Ossie mills, not expecting to find any left nor even noticed them till OH pointed em out, 1 adults one left & just my size an all [xmas & birthday rolled into one] good job i didnt get a medium would of been massive on me, this one a perfect fit & last one & now mine LOL!!

So good one Ossie Mills & Lee...........u dont need to reserve me one now, me happy
What you like if you has read my first post on page one you could have had it over a week ago

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 20:20   #115
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post
i for one would welcome one of the directors to take up the post Director of communication, surely this would be welcomed by the fans and take pressure off the club allowing the small number of staff to concentrate on club buisness.
on the 11th December on the fishy site

Also lending a hand is Adam Cottier, who many will know from his work at BBC Radio Lancashire. Adam has also been involved with Accrington Stanley through the media for several seasons and joins us as we look at ways to improve communication from the club. He will look after our website and the production of the match day programme, as well as developing new ways in which we can reach our supporters.

I know its part time but ...
Old 04-01-2008, 21:12   #116
I am Banned

Maaca,

Adam is a superb person and an even better reporter.

BUT how much time & how many posts on here since his appointment?

I really want him to take on the role, dress for the occasion and pass on the news; for for an unknown reason NOTHING!!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 21:23   #117
God Member

Reaching Supporters

Would a Supporter not be more ideally placed

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 17:08   #118
God Member

Another plus for the club shop - they have got some new merchandise in casual wear, selection of fleece scarfs various plain colours & ladies bob hats - pink, pink/white - even Andy Todd liked the pink/white bob hats, he tried on my daughters hat & asked if he could borrow it for training , nice an all Lee did a great trade after match LOL!! Gloves are soon to follow too.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 05-01-2008, 18:39   #119
God Member

are they online yet?
Old 05-01-2008, 18:52   #120
God Member

This fleecy jacket thingy (which I would love to get for our winter), is that the one being sported by SPARKIE (and Emily) IMG_0673.jpg
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..