Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-10-2005, 21:29   #31

Re: Live stanley updates on 107 The Bee

We've brought in an awful lot of players since last season.
Maybe the lads still need time to bond, play as a team etc.
Well we're definately missing something aren't we? When we play Worcester City twice, 39 places below us and can't win either game - loosing the second one - there has to be something wrong.
That said I'm still giving Stanley my full support this season and I'll try and get to a few games.
I just hope JC bucks his ideas up soon.
Old 24-10-2005, 21:31   #32

I'll have to sleep on that and see how I feel in the morning!!
Old 24-10-2005, 21:32   #33
Senior Member+

£10,000+ down the drain. What else is there to know??
Old 24-10-2005, 21:40   #34

Yep.

See, it's not just about pride. We really could have used that money. Haha I'm getting too stressed, I'm gonna need to lie down in a dark room soon!
Old 24-10-2005, 21:52   #35
God Member

gutted......but thank god i didnt go..will wait till i speak to the other travelling fans before making any comments.
Old 24-10-2005, 21:54   #36

Why? The result speaks for itself. The radio commentator said it all!...we did not deserve to win!!
Old 24-10-2005, 21:57   #37
Junior Member+

I'm not one to gloat, having seen City fall to lower opposition on too many occasions in the past, but there was only ever going to be one winner tonight after Andy Dibble came out to a high ball, missedit completely and let Chris Smith score to get back to 2-1. After that Worcester dominated, second half the play was all up the City end, and having had a stormer of a goal disallowed for offside, City kept on battling to get back into the game. I think all your travelling fans will agree that the better team on the night won. Thats football, and long may the FA Cup produce magical nights like that.
Brooksider_wcfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 21:59   #38

Good Luck for the next round! Based upon Saturdays performance, I wish you all the best!!
Old 24-10-2005, 21:59   #39
God Member

yeah but i didnt get chance to listen to the radio as i was working so i have just come on here and once again we get all the stanley fans who do not travel to the away games making comments from one source! with one point of view, yeah im absolutely gutted that we are out of the cup but come on we are 4th having only lost 4 games so far in the league but yet we still whinge! Lets all get behind the lads on saturday and we could easily be 2nd by sunday.
Old 24-10-2005, 22:01   #40

I listened to the reports on 107 The Bee, and that sounds exactly like the report given at the end of the match. Well, good on 'em, i hope they go far anyway.
Well done Worcester.
Old 24-10-2005, 22:02   #41

I'll have a pint of what you drink, John!

Time after time we shoot ourselves in the foot...and tonight we have blown off both feet. Thanks god it's York on Saturday to bump up the gate!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Redskin; 24-10-2005 at 22:07.
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 22:50   #42

Well boys, a couple of us Bulls went over to watch based on what we saw when we came up to your place we fancied Worcester to win and I have to say it was fully deserved. They have no special players but worked hard as a team, played the ball to feet and kept it moving. Two goals deffo down to your keeoer but well taken all the same, add to that, WFC should have had a penalty late in first half.

Think someone needs a word with Mr Coleman about tactics - you had good enough players the middle of the park to have run circles round WFC but everything was hoofed up to Mullin. FFS the Worcester boys deal with that every week! Des Little hardly put a foot wrong, you played into their hands and paid the price.

See you at our place by which time, hopefully, we will be back on song.

EX
ExLandlord HUFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 22:59   #43
Junior Member+

Again, Graham Hyde missing (his wife is having some complications after the birth) so City lined up as Saturday.

City stormed out of the blocks tonight, and hit the post in the first minute. Accy looked solid for a while and on 13 minutes scored a class goal. Break down the right, low hard cross, planted home from 15 yards. Two minutes later it was 2-0. Deep corner to the back post met first time with no mistake.

Personally, I think it was a good thing you scored two, as it left us no option.

As Brookie had said, defending deep a free kick some 40 yards out, the knock forward found Smudger (Chris Smith) on the edge of the box, his flick on flying over Andy Dibble who wa some ten yards of his line.

On 30 minutes, Andy Dibble pulled off an outstanding save from Adam Webster diagonal power-driver - truly top class save.

Half-time; 2-1 and all to play for. But honestly City played out of their skins in the second half. We thought we'd drawn level when Sam Wedgebury volleyed home from 25 yards out, but lino ruled another player offside. It was excellent cup football after that.

With 20 minutes remaining, that man Andy Preece came on and played a part in both goals.

A flick-on from a cross fell at Adam Websters feet who scored from 6 yards.

With about ten minutes to go, Accy headed home from a cross with the linesman flagging. I think this was your only chance of the second-half. You really didn't create enough.

Then into the final minute. Ref awarded a free-kick on the edge of the box, central. Preecey steps up and blasts it bottom right, Andy Dibble blocks it, but Rob Warner follows up to slot home.

FA Cup Heaven, FA Cup Hell. So thin are the dividing lines.

Don't panic, and don't look at that 39 place gap. We're a decent side, well-managed and well-coached. Most of all, highly motivated over two games, and backed by a vociferous 1341 crowd.

OK, you may have lost 10,000 in prize money, but you will also come close to earning that in gate receipts over the two games.

I enjoyed myself at Accy, tonight was memorable.
Andy Bullock (Wor) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2005, 23:23   #44
Junior Member+

Andy

How I wish the M6 was not a lake / car park and I could have scooted down.

Listening to the reports on the Bee radio was not the same but I danced my own little jig round the living room.

I also enjoyed my afternoon in Accy - enjoying the beer in the pub before the game and in the social club afterwards. I just hope we beat Chippenham in the next round and get someone big and do ourselves justice.

Thanks Accy lads for the welcome and the good luck comments - we will need it!!!
Old 24-10-2005, 23:29   #45
Senior Member+

I thought we had it sewn up when Welch headed in the second. But all credit to City; they kept battling and in the end it paid off. Their disallowed second-half 'equaliser' was a fiasco with some tune blasting out over the speakers and the players celebrating on one side of the pitch but the liner on the other side standing there with his flag in the air - you can imagine the stick he got from the Worcs fans after that. He redeemed himself late in the game by giving the free kick that led to City's third. Lots of work from Paul Mullin in defence in the second half with a good number of headed clearances from him.

Good luck to City in the next round and in the league. The team is far better than their league position might suggest and I'd expect a top half finish, if not better. Their fans deserve it.

I've seen that Worcester fans have been complaining about the lack of coverage from BBC H&W. I listened to it on the way down and afterwards and there was no mention of the match on the 6:30 sports news or the 10pm news afterwards. That's a total disgrace. Despite what some have said on here recently, we can think ourselves lucky to have BBC Lancs, even in post-Cottier days.

Last edited by MikeA; 24-10-2005 at 23:38.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..