Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2005, 18:29   #91
Senior Member+

Re: Live stanley updates on 107 The Bee

End of november i heard from somewhere? Think it was on the fishy site from the physio Ian liversage, not sure though
Old 28-10-2005, 19:15   #92
God Member

I agree with the comments about waiting until we have a full strength settled back four. My thoughts though on the current team is that they are stifled beyond belief. John Coleman has always bought and moulded attacking players who are on a par with anything else in the league. From day one, JC has had a team that can run at and fritten the tits off anybody. We won the Unibond Premier at a canter scoring over a hundred goals in the process. This ethos changed over the three month sabatacle before the Aldershot Conference opener with the purchase of an ageing, balding midfield maestro named Cook. His presence to the squad brought with it a pass sideways or backwards but never forwards motto. We can crush teams if we go for the jugular, are we scared to win 10-nil? do they lose bonuses if they keep a clean sheet? John Coleman is not a bad manager at all. His and Bellies record since coming to The Crown is exemplorary, but the strangulation of our creativety needs to be strangled. Lets see swashbuckling come back, let the players play with a smile. If we are again to fall short of the play-offs then I would rather it because we went down fighting against the top teams, than because we went 1-0 up in the tenth minute at Tamworth and reverted to 4-5-1. 4-5-1 was brought to Accrington to accomodate Cook and his aged legs with two runners in front of him, but he rarely plays for us anymore. We have players who can cope with a 4-4-2 defensively and offensively so give em a chance.

Furthermore, I also agree with the venting of spleen about out-of-position players. WHY? If a player is available to the team why play somebody else ahead of him out of position, it makes no sense. Put round pegs in round holes Mr Coleman THEY FIT BETTER!

And where's the roof?
Old 28-10-2005, 19:37   #93
Senior Member+

"and where's the roof?"

sweet and subtle
Old 28-10-2005, 19:40   #94

i will probably get some stick for this comment but having travled up to rotherham the outher night i was very downhearted when i found out that mr mullin was out injured but as i put in anouther thread i saw a stanley team that night that would have beaten any conference side bar none, so where was that side on our FA CUP disaster last weekend
Old 28-10-2005, 19:53   #95
Senior Member+

scored once shut shop, cost us. As for the replay can't comment..Didn't travel
Old 28-10-2005, 20:24   #96
Junior Member+

I think it's impossible to have a watertight back four the way Stanley play-we are always going to leak goals. Opposing attacks begin when players further up the field lose possession, and we play attacking football! The current back 4 are not a bad bunch, and the odd player won't make that much difference. We have to defend as a team and I feel bad for the current defence because they're getting lumbered with all the blame. Ok so Danny Ventre is still very young and needs to learn a lot, but Flynn, Welch, Richardson and Cav are good defenders. Tretton and Cav might make some difference when they recover, but unless we change our style of a play I'm afraid we will always give goals away. The Stanley defence have one of the most difficult jobs in the conference!
Distracted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2005, 20:53   #97
God Member

in that case then we need to learn how play both games at once, rather than only defensive or only offensive. I dont mind if we lose to a team that are better than us or get the tactics right, but every time we get a bad result it seems to be that Stanley have got it wrong. If you are playing a certain way and battering poor opposition 2-0 after 16 mins then surely carrying on in the same way is a sure-ish way to continue, rather than changing the game plan and playing a more subdued controlling game that we don't seem able to do adequately.
Old 28-10-2005, 21:00   #98
Senior Member+

This "maccawozadog" bloke knows his stuff alright

just like Kev Keegan that's how Coley should play it! I reckon he put too much emphasis or looked too hard at how Chester got promoted & is trying to follow that model...

Our first season & they got loads of 2-1's & 1-0's & went up

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..