Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree35Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2015, 20:31   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: luton town

For me,was a game we certainly did not deserve to lose,The first half Lutons first effort was the goal n that was near half time. That for me,was the lift they needed, cos Stanley had easily been better,The moral is yeh must take the chances yeh make, i think if we had Luton woulda been blown away. The ref i thought, was certainly playing to a big crowd,n fer me let em away wi virtually everything. I can't really call him a knob, cos he was consistent wi most of the clowns we had this season. Roll on the Shrews, am really looking forward to tuesday, Cmon you reds.
Old 28-02-2015, 20:51   #17
Senior Member+

About the game ... it's all been said.

Great to meet the usual suspects once again - and also to chat to the mighty Cashman and Nick for the first time. Yonmon - how did we not see each other??
Old 28-02-2015, 20:55   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
About the game ... it's all been said.

Great to meet the usual suspects once again - and also to chat to the mighty Cashman and Nick for the first time. Yonmon - how did we not see each other??
Probably because, according to his previous post Yonmon was feeling pretty crummy
Old 28-02-2015, 20:58   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yonmon was sat down near the front a good bit left of were yeh were sat at the back of us. was great to meet yeh, remind me next time though cos me memorys crap, wi being n owd fart.
Old 01-03-2015, 09:42   #20
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Matty Crooks on at CB.
this is the only reference to Mat Crooks I can find on the Luton match, what was his performance like and did he play the whole of the second half at CB
Old 01-03-2015, 09:44   #21
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Sod that Ian it keeps my head warm.......why don't you leave me alone and pick on Yonmons Tribal Headdress?
Yonmons tried various head warmers but struggles in the fashion department
, indeed he tried a "ping" number the last few weeks to copy mine but struggled to pull it off
Old 01-03-2015, 09:58   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
this is the only reference to Mat Crooks I can find on the Luton match....
? No it isn't.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:08   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Look forward to another funereal video summary from Professor Coleman.
Take it back, the Professor was not 'the man in black' this time and I think his obvious anger at the weak refereeing was fully justified.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:33   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just watched on football league show, with it being at the other end from us, i had not realized how spawny the clearance from joss's follow up was the ball hit the ankle of the defenders back leg, he was running the other way,a very fortunate block imho.Though in fairness Terry should have netted anyway.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:36   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Yonmons tried various head warmers but struggles in the fashion department
, indeed he tried a "ping" number the last few weeks to copy mine but struggled to pull it off
Be careful Ian....he's a gladiator on the Links,I'm afraid I'd have to back him over 18 holes.
Old 01-03-2015, 12:32   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Just watched on football league show, with it being at the other end from us, i had not realized how spawny the clearance from joss's follow up was the ball hit the ankle of the defenders back leg, he was running the other way,a very fortunate block imho.Though in fairness Terry should have netted anyway.
Let's be honest if Crooks had missed either of those chances (especially the 1st one) there would be a thread all of its own dedicated to him, good job it was good old Tezza
Old 01-03-2015, 12:53   #27
Senior Member+

To be fair Frank he did ok at CB despite getting his nose being put all over his face by Stockley.
He fell for it during the build up to the second goal tho as he saw a opportunity to get revenge but was done with a little flick which took him out the game.
He will learn from it tho,as I said he did ok
Old 01-03-2015, 13:27   #28

Lost sight of the fixture and thus foolishly was nominated to do a shift of voluntary work instead of being at Luton. The you all give on the game is much appreciated by one not there. You see, I had to follow the match by text comm. on the beeb and that involves being accosted by their match stats. However we may have played, they tell me that we only bothered their keeper twice in the entire match. Other attempts merely ending our attack by giving Luton a goalkick. Now my soccer expertise stems from interschool footie and ended age 15 by a bad knee injury back when Noah was a lad - but my brain tells me that anything not on target is as useless as brewing up in a chocolate teapot - no chance of deviations or fumbles. If I could ask Mr Coleman one thing, it would have to be about banning shots off target - sod the brylcream 'n glory goal of the season stuff. Am I being harsh ?
Old 01-03-2015, 15:14   #29
Senior Member+

Dear Aunt Amy,

I know that you don't receive many letters from elderly gentlemen, but as I am beset by a problem regarding the vagaries of Millinery design, manufacture, and presentation, I write to you hoping that you or one of your colleagues at ' Ladies Gazette' will be able to resolve my problem and afford my troubled mind some respite !.
It is just that recently I have, as opposed to my usual habit of wearing Hats and Caps created in the County style by Charles Trwwhit of Savile Row, been seduced by the popular press into
going out to two football matches wearing what I understood to be rather upmarket wooly cap produced, or so the inside label says, by The Karsten Company in San Diego.
Preening myself in the mirror before venturing forth, This sporting headgear really did in my opinion look quite fetching, but then I am given to excessive narcissism at times and so could have been slightly mistaken !.
But I sallied forth and enjoyed the warmth afforded to my tender ears by the comforting of applied merino wool, and as far as I can remember behaved myself at the game in my usually
urbane and reserved manner, and this is where the story really begins !.
It would appear that my darling little woollen cap was not to everyone's liking, oh no !, for two gentlemen who I like to look on as 'friends', have subjected me to open ridicule just for daring to
Old 01-03-2015, 15:42   #30
Senior Member+

Continued...

Create a more sportive image for myself !.
If I was of a more vindictive nature, I could draw their attention to the 'things' which they stick on their noggins !, indeed the black wooly cap which my Wigan friend sports occasionally does tend to make him appear as one 'just off the boats !'...as for HIM from Hapton.. well !!!!.
Am I then Aunt Amy being a little paranoid about this situation which to some might appear to be nothing but a storm in a D -Cup, but which has just caused me to pour my 5th G&T of the afternoon !.

Yours in hope !,

'Worried of Rishton '.

( Slightly off thread ??)
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..