Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By monkey hanger
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By AccyMad
  • 1 Post By deeayess

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2017, 08:24   #1
I am Banned

Match day experience

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...eague-stadiums

Our stadium is ranked 57 out of the 92
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2017, 09:48   #2
God Member

Re: Match day experience

Quite high for a little tinpot club ��
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:49   #3
God Member

its only someone elses opinion. bradford city 3rd i don,t think so for me and carrow road where parking at its best is 20 mins walk even if you get their early. funny though when people go on about the wham they never mention there is actually some cover for away fans, although its not brilliant it does exist.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 10:32   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
its only someone elses opinion. bradford city 3rd i don,t think so for me and carrow road where parking at its best is 20 mins walk even if you get their early. funny though when people go on about the wham they never mention there is actually some cover for away fans, although its not brilliant it does exist.
True,but as its known as the Cow Shed, maybe better they dont mention it?
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:03   #5
God Member

It's known very fondly as The Cow Shed though Cashy - & even when/if the new stand goes up to replace it I bet it'll still be referred to as The Cow Shed by most, it's part & parcel of our heritage
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:41   #6

So does anybody know what is happening with the new stand is building starting in the summer or are they doing other things on the main stand side now instead ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 13:43   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
So does anybody know what is happening with the new stand is building starting in the summer or are they doing other things on the main stand side now instead ?
Well the new stand was part of the deal with the FA so we could take seats off Clayton end so it'll need starting soon
Old 07-04-2017, 13:49   #8
I am Banned

Once planning permission is granted it is only valid for 3 years from the date granted
Old 07-04-2017, 14:20   #9

This is what was said on the OSC facebook about the Q & A with Andy Holt. It's not word for word apparently and says nothing much other than it would have been done if we had been promoted. Who knows what the current timescale is but the number of seats may be a future issue if no work starts

Q. What are the plans to develop the ground?
A. Plans are fluid, if we had achieved promotion then the new stand would have been done, we are trying to make the stadium an invaluable community asset to the borough. We have cleared all the rubbish, established and fenced the boundaries and we now know what we have to work with.
Clayton End now matches the best in the league, the Jack Barrett stand is better, we will soon have a surfaced car park on site for 200 cars, tarmacking next month . Developing the old garage site for offices and store now, which will allow the old cabins to be knocked down and the opportunity to perhaps consider a new sports bar in its place.
A job like this can't be done in 5 minutes and my job is to make the club sustainable and on an even footing.
Pitch is a lot better but not holding up, especially in the area near the changing rooms, I'm not happy and it will be sorted in the summer.
It's a fine line between having a pitch draining well or too well, whereby the surface grass dies .
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 14:28   #10
I am Banned

Sounds of that it sounds like the new stand is not going ahead until we're promoted which means we will have to have seats back in Clayton end to meet league standards
Old 07-04-2017, 14:51   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Sounds of that it sounds like the new stand is not going ahead until we're promoted which means we will have to have seats back in Clayton end to meet league standards
I think the plan is to go ahead at some point just that it's a lower priority at the moment. That probably means we will have to do something to get the number of seats back up to the minimum when our special permission expires.

I hope it's a better plan than throw a tantrum and say it's unfair as we don't need all those seats. That seems to be the response these days when we don't like the rules
AccyMad likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..