Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2012, 19:36   #181

Re: Paul Cook

Can I just add how pleased I was that the fishy website doesn't sign off the article by saying that they thank him for everything he has done and wish him all the best for the future. I hope he loses his job before Christmas and finds himself unable to manage anything other than an U8 team in Liverpool.
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2012, 19:51   #182

Coley was a love affair, Cook was just a fling - Cheap, Dirty, sleazy and meaningless.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 21:39   #183
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
Coley was a love affair, Cook was just a fling - Cheap, Dirty, sleazy and meaningless.
Perfect analogy!
Old 25-10-2012, 21:58   #184
Senior Member+

Dave Allen (ex Sheffield Wedneaday Chairman) Paul Cook's new boss on appointment of Cook:

Audioboo / Dave Allen interview after naming Paul Cook as Chesterfield manager #CFC

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 22:09   #185
Dan
Senior Member+

Evening all
There will be reaction from the Stanley side of things tomorrow; Leam and Luke Joyce amongst others plus the usual match preview (there's a game going on - who would've thought it eh?)

Just finished an almost full programme rewrite for Saturday so that should have plenty of interest (hopefully!)

Lastly, apologies for the INFURIATING wait for any official updates today. "Blood from a stone" springs to mind!

Dan

The Dutch look like a huge jar of marmalade.”
- Barry Davies

“After a goalless first half, the score at half time is 0-0.”
- Brian Moore
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 22:26   #186
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Evening all
There will be reaction from the Stanley side of things tomorrow; Leam and Luke Joyce amongst others plus the usual match preview (there's a game going on - who would've thought it eh?)

Just finished an almost full programme rewrite for Saturday so that should have plenty of interest (hopefully!)

Lastly, apologies for the INFURIATING wait for any official updates today. "Blood from a stone" springs to mind!

Dan
don't worry fella we're used to it ......is the programme out next week?
Old 25-10-2012, 22:29   #187
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Evening all

Dan
As far as i'm concerned as i said before, To me no blame is attached to the club, it should have been common courtesy by the SNAKE to notify his employer and not Chesterfield.
Old 25-10-2012, 22:44   #188

Quote:
Evening all

Dan
Cheers Dan, I think the main thing now is that Leam and the lads know we are behind them all the way...and, in case they don't read the forum, you can tell them that for all of us
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 22:45   #189

I bet cooks back at sligo this time next year.He never had stanley at heart, hopefully when he leaves chesterfield it will be, because he has been sacked.I just hope our club doesnt become a managerial merry go round, after what had been a long progession of success and stability under coley and jimmy.
Rob249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 22:46   #190
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley5 View Post
Cheers Dan, I think the main thing now is that Leam and the lads know we are behind them all the way...and, in case they don't read the forum, you can tell them that for all of us
Amen to that.
Old 26-10-2012, 00:23   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
Dave Allen (ex Sheffield Wedneaday Chairman) Paul Cook's new boss on appointment of Cook:

Audioboo / Dave Allen interview after naming Paul Cook as Chesterfield manager #CFC
Just listened to that fanbloodytastic interview me sides are sore with laughing if he thinks cook can lead Chesterfield into the championship he has been on the same stuff as his namesake used to drink on the telly in the seventies he were a comedian as well

Leam Richardson.s red and white army
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 03:09   #192
God Member

I have to admit, I havn't read all these posts OR details about his departure, BUT, if he can pull stumps on Accy just like that, GOOD RIDDANCE..a waste of space.

(My computer has been down for 2 days.)

Last edited by Kiwi John; 26-10-2012 at 03:12.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 05:02   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
I have to admit, I havn't read all these posts OR details about his departure, BUT, if he can pull stumps on Accy just like that, GOOD RIDDANCE..a waste of space.

(My computer has been down for 2 days.)

Good to have ya back Kiwi I suspect you may be busy for a bit catching up on the departure of Judas

On Stanley On
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 05:27   #194
God Member

Glad it's all over a protracted negotiation does not help anybody, it will take a while for the dust to settle on why he has moved, why take the Stanley job in the first place, why leave something behind that you have started to rebuild etc.

I can only imagine that the players are the ones suffering the most in this, we are behind you all lads and a good chance to kick on tomorrow with a home game.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2012, 10:59   #195

Greetings from a Sligo resident who has followed Paul Cooks career there with interest. The feelings that I have seen on your are similar to those expressed in Sligo when he left Rovers in the lurch on the eve of the season. Two wins out of three consecutive Cup Finals means that Paul Cook will always be a big name in Rovers' history but the manner of his departure left a sour taste, that his replacement Ian Barraclough has just won the League title for the club has meant that memories of the Cook era have faded a bit quicker than anyone expected.

The feeling in Sligo was that Cook left Rovers for a smaller club to be closer to home and to get one of those rare things in football a fairly stable job. After all Accrington don't have a reptutation fot dismissing managers often. The work he did with Rovers in taking them from not long promoted side to become one of the top teams in the country was remarkable and in doing so he used of his qualities to best effect. If I look back I would have to say that he did a great job in managing his players and getting the best out of them, but more than that he used every bit of luck he got to best advantage. The luckiest thing going for him was that he came into Rovers at a time when there was a really strong committee who sorted out the finances and allowed him the cash that he needed to rebuild his squad.

All that said I thought that he would be at Stanley for life and that you would hover above mid table and hit the play offs occasionally with good cup runs interspersed throughout because I think that that is the type of manager Cookie is. I suspect that his tenure at Chesterfield will be interesting because they will want more than that. The lesson from the Rovers experience for you guys is that if you keep getting the basic stuff in running the club at your committe levels right success will come. There is life after Paul Cook, from everything I have read I think that Leam Richardson is your man and so long as the structures are right the rest will follow.

One last thing with 6000 people due at the Showgrounds tonight to see Rovers get the League Trophy, Champions league football on its way next season ( well for one game at least !) and Paul Cook on his way to Chesterfield, how does Rommy feel now ?

Best of luck to Stanley
johnclarke59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..