Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-12-2008, 22:30   #181
God Member

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Because there's no other alternative. Complaining seems pointless and selfish. The club are doing all they can. Credit where credit's due.
We know the club have to do what they have to do..... does not mean people cant have an opinion or view of how they will be affected by the change, some people say we played good today others say not, some say JC is the king & others say not, does that mean its right or wrong??

What if the club say that your seated area would have to become a standing one - would u happily agree & say nothing because the club is doing best it can giving the curcumstances - i think not

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-12-2008, 22:33   #182
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
So because I choose to stop paying for a season ticket at Anfield (all seater) and came to watch Stanley (terrace) that makes me a hypocrite?
No just foolish or a cheapskate

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 22:35   #183
God Member

No, that would be silly. To me the hypocrisy lies in 'supporting' two teams. Can't get my head around it and never will.

Surely all the complaints should be aimed at the Football League, not the club. You accused the club of selling the fans down the river a while back and I think that is greatly insulting. The club are being as accommodating as possible given the circumstances. Anyone can see that.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 22:42   #184
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
We know the club have to do what they have to do..... does not mean people cant have an opinion or view of how they will be affected by the change, some people say we played good today others say not, some say JC is the king & others say not, does that mean its right or wrong??

What if the club say that your seated area would have to become a standing one - would u happily agree & say nothing because the club is doing best it can giving the curcumstances - i think not
I addressed this earlier:
Quote:
I now regularly sit with my family in front of the press section and that is 'my' place. At some point, if we are lucky enough to have a team so successful, 'my' place may need to make way for a permanent press area that won't be filled or something just as ridiculous ordered by the league.
Stanley fans will appreciate that this has to be, and concede the rather odd feelings without kicking up a fuss. For my Gran and others who were lucky enough to see games at Peel Park, the Crown Ground/FES won't "feel" the same, but they put the Red first and enjoy the fact that we are back in the league where we belong.
Of course there's a right to be peeved, but give credit where it's due to the club. They're keeping us in the league and in the black.
Old 28-12-2008, 22:49   #185
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
To me the hypocrisy lies in 'supporting' two teams. Can't get my head around it and never will.
Had to check back through my postings before answering this one. I'm a Liverpool supporter, always will be, but I choose to pay to watch my hometown club instead of being an armchair football fan, does that make me a mutant?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 22:54   #186
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Had to check back through my postings before answering this one. I'm a Liverpool supporter, always will be, but I choose to pay to watch my hometown club instead of being an armchair football fan, does that make me a mutant?
Sorry, it does to me. I love talking football and can watch the odd game on telly, but any live game apart from Stanley bores me senseless. I got invited to last season's United vs Everton game and went (free ticket, thought I'd see Old Trafford). I fell asleep!
Old 28-12-2008, 23:05   #187
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
No, that would be silly. To me the hypocrisy lies in 'supporting' two teams. Can't get my head around it and never will.
thats cos yer not old enough or wise enough yet shaker.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:11   #188
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats cos yer not old enough or wise enough yet shaker.
All too easy an assumption to make.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:18   #189
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
All too easy an assumption to make.
no its a fact that you are unable to grasp.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:20   #190
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
but any live game apart from Stanley bores me senseless. I got invited to last season's United vs Everton game and went (free ticket, thought I'd see Old Trafford). I fell asleep!
Understandable but even Old Trafford used to have an atmosphere until............................................. .......................................they put seats where there used to be terracing, I rest my case.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2008, 23:22   #191
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
no its a fact that you are unable to grasp.
Well unless you know all the rights and wrongs of football at a level of some higher being, it still stands that it's all about opinion. Age and wisdom have nothing to do with it. I've given my opinion, and it is just as valid, invalid, right or wrong as yours; regardless of my age.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:32   #192
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Well unless you know all the rights and wrongs of football at a level of some higher being, it still stands that it's all about opinion. Age and wisdom have nothing to do with it. I've given my opinion, and it is just as valid, invalid, right or wrong as yours; regardless of my age.
fair enough its wrong.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:35   #193
God Member

That would make yours just as wrong, then.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:44   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
That would make yours just as wrong, then.
i do not think so.
Old 28-12-2008, 23:45   #195
God Member

Exactly

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..