Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2008, 15:37   #106
God Member

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

burtons ground cost £6m to build our new 'stand' is costing a 20th of that!
Old 03-12-2008, 19:58   #107

Eton Park was horrid but at leasit had chracter. Burtons new ground is souless and horrid in a completely different way. Ill keep the cow shed thanks - we need its scathing wit to carry on putting off the opposition when taking throw-ins!!!
Old 03-12-2008, 20:37   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
instead of haveing seats in place the club should just say if you want to sit down bring your own chair, would save club money, but dont think the football league would agree to the idea but would look better than haveing empty seats covered by flags

Surely not:

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 22:00   #109

It won't matter what colour the seats are if people sit in them.

And depending how much room in the stand the seats take up you could very well all end up sat down in the Clayton end.
You cannot stand up in a seated area--licensing authorities don't like it and they can financially punish clubs that don't take action to stop persistant standing (by reducing capacity in areas/stands).

I can see this issue creating a lot of friction with stewards and ultimately leading to the matches being fully policed, which costs a LOT of money (the police get double time for football matches and they won't officially police matches with a handful of hats- they put in numerous teams inside and outside with supervisors (sergeants and inspectors) which costs an awful lot).

Also, you cannot put seats up the side of a standing terrace area for evacuation purposes.
Imagine a large body of people moving sidewards to evacuate and being compressed into filtering through obstacles (narrow rows of seating)... a surge could turn into a crush.
You just can't mix standing and sitting supporters in the same area. Aside from the blocking of seated view, people get sloshed and fall over the seats in front of them, onto the people sat down.

Don't forget that if things aren't certified safe, people can't come in.
This might come as a shock, but where stadiums are concerned, crowd safety will come before a match being played in front of a crowd, in the eyes of the authorities.
If the powers that be mess up the seating and it isn't satisfactory, the local authorities could step in and instruct things to be changed, which costs money (and lots of it).
I can also see local authorites getting crabby if seats are covered up with flags and people are stood up nearby, it defeats the object of having seats!

It would not make sense to me to put seats in the Whinney Hill terrace.
It is old and would be redeveloped in future, should cash become available. Putting new seats into an area that is likely to be ripped down in future would not make financial sense, it is a waste of cash.
Eric Whalley and his band of merry men would be mad to put seats in the Whinney Hill terrace.

It's going to have to be the Clayton Terrace where the seats go and people are going to have to sit in them.
The new stand may as well have the new seating area.
People aren't going to like it, but as has been said, when you enter the Football League, you agree to their rules like everyone else has to.
Jubbut-uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 22:44   #110
God Member

what's your point?
Old 03-12-2008, 23:07   #111
God Member

if the Clayton end is ever all seater when we are below championship standard i wouldn't be seen at the FES
Old 03-12-2008, 23:12   #112
God Member

still got the FCStanley flag?
Old 03-12-2008, 23:31   #113
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post

if the Clayton end is ever all seater when we are below championship standard i wouldn't be seen at the FES
And whys that???
Old 03-12-2008, 23:54   #114
K-P

This debate has taken a funny turn..

Its x amount of seats in the cow shed and y amount of seats along the front of the clayton end with terracing behind..... why are we talking about ifs buts maybes.. its done and dusted.. too late now to submit new plans... how long do you think its taken to sort these out?

Time to come to terms with it and go forward IMHO
Old 04-12-2008, 00:02   #115
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Timmins View Post

Make that two of us, I started watching Stanley instead of paying silly amounts of money to Liverpool because I hate sitting down to watch footy this includes the pub or at home.
Why do I have this feeling that we will not be allowed to seat the cowshed and that the Clayton End will become an all seated area. If this happens Eric and Co will I'm sure blame everyone else but themselves.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:12   #116
I am Banned

Who's saying from the Club we can't seat the Cowshed???
That's the bit that makes sense: Minimal cost, and it will increase capacity.

We can't seat the entire Clayton End; 1) would reduce capacity under 5K
2) what's the pont of putting into more than 2000 seats, when we only need that many (at present) 3) why spend money that could be better spent elsewhere 4) why run the risk of upsetting/ losing any more fans. We are trying to add to the fanbase, whilst ticking all the FL and H & S boxes.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 18:59   #117
Full Member+

PANIC

Seriously though, if I had my way, which I don't I would seat the whole Clayton End and make it the family stand, which visiting familys and OAP's can also sit in towards the Whinney Hill end and a Disabled viewing platform on the end towards the Thwaites Stand, make the Whinney Hill Terrace larger with a cover about 40-50 yards in length in the middle and a new police control room behind it on the halfway line and TV gantry above the roof and make this terrace for away fans approx 2000/2500 and roof the Coppice and make this the the 'Home End'. With this in place in the future the club can extend the terrace to the sides or back abit more and build new dressing rooms/offices/shop in the corner leaving more room behind the main stand for more coporate facilities.

Just my Idea, it would be a shame in the future if the only terracing left at FES was allocated to away fans.

Old 04-12-2008, 20:30   #118
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatgaz182 View Post
PANIC

Seriously though, if I had my way, which I don't I would seat the whole Clayton End and make it the family stand, which visiting familys and OAP's can also sit in towards the Whinney Hill end and a Disabled viewing platform on the end towards the Thwaites Stand, make the Whinney Hill Terrace larger with a cover about 40-50 yards in length in the middle and a new police control room behind it on the halfway line and TV gantry above the roof and make this terrace for away fans approx 2000/2500 and roof the Coppice and make this the the 'Home End'. With this in place in the future the club can extend the terrace to the sides or back abit more and build new dressing rooms/offices/shop in the corner leaving more room behind the main stand for more coporate facilities.

Just my Idea, it would be a shame in the future if the only terracing left at FES was allocated to away fans.

Superb idea sir,

Can you drop the cheque off in the morning payable to ASFC for £500,000. That will allow the club to get a grant for the balance and we'll be up and running
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:43   #119
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
still got the FCStanley flag?
A special flag for me!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 18:40   #120
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Superb idea sir,

Can you drop the cheque off in the morning payable to ASFC for £500,000. That will allow the club to get a grant for the balance and we'll be up and running
Will a post dated rubber one do you??

Dated 18 December 2050

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..