Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 20:18   #301
Super Moderator

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
As one of the few "fans" who have seen the rise of ASFC from Lancs Comb, Cheshire League, NWCFL. NPL, Conference to FL, I am happy to make the changes to allow progress!!

ARE YOU??????????????????
As one of the even fewer fans who have seen the fall of ASFC from the Football League to the Lancs Comb to non-existence, then the resurrection through the leagues thst you speak of, I'm resigned to accepting the changes to allow progress.

But HAPPY to have seats on the Clayton End??...NEVER!!!
Old 11-02-2009, 20:23   #302
God Member

I wore my avatar shirt but too cold to protest it fully but will wear it if i have to guard my stand spot! Its got fluff all to do with the FL its about the plans that they had last year & then because its the cheapest easiest option sod the fans whom may i remind have stood there thro thick & thin, we were good enough then tho. Im not standing further back [as much as i appreciate the ultras work on the noise to gear up the lads on the pitch i dont think they'd want me either they need room too y know] so leaves me cowshed then, no im not happy but then again will only be coping with it till end of season then its a case of reviewin the situation payin on the gate.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 20:25   #303
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
As one of the even fewer fans who have seen the fall of ASFC from the Football League to the Lancs Comb to non-existence, then the resurrection through the leagues thst you speak of, I'm resigned to accepting the changes to allow progress.

But HAPPY to have seats on the Clayton End??...NEVER!!!
Nice one WH

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 20:27   #304
God Member

Yes of course SR is happy about it - its not where he perches as do many of the people that support the idea, clayton end looked empty enough last night - gonna be a lot emptier once seats are there. Logistically i cant envisage a good view either as that wall will have to be taken lower behind goals anyway!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 11-02-2009, 20:45   #305
I am Banned

Where I have said I'm happy to upset loyal fans and people who I'm proud to call friends????

All I want, like the loyal fans (I hope) is for ASFC to punch well above its weight in the FL.

I accept that 2000 seats really aren't required on average gates of 1800.

BUT I'm senisble enough to know IF you want to play in the big boys league you MUST play by their rules!!!

So 5K capacity, bright floodlights, full time staff, 2000 seats and all the rest!! SORRY, i'm happy to toe the line!! Iwant to go to Bradford, Bury, Lincoln and Rochdale, it sure beats Ashton Town, Darwen and Rhyl!!!
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 20:52   #306
God Member

Missed the point there SR, readin what u think im saying, its not about any of us wanting asfc to go down, we knew & worried about the FL rulings on ground for the past 3 seasons, now taking it back to least last season - there was no talk of putting seats in clayton end, there was talk of a new stand ... poss relocation......poss seats in covered coppice end BUT NOT in the clayton end till past few months!! Trouble is asfc have left it late purposely to find out our position in the league around xmas tho at beginning at the season because of the huge penalties Luton, r'ham & bournemouth recieved sort of cushioned the stay in the league on that merit, now means club have to get the ground sorted, rushed & without consideration before the 1st May or we're a stevenage boro & out like they were.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 11-02-2009 at 20:56.
Old 11-02-2009, 20:52   #307
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
I am happy to make the changes to allow progress!!

ARE YOU??????????????????
To put it bluntly, NO, the only way we are going to progress is Whalley goes ASAP, a few seats aren't going to get Coley new players or entice more people to come to the FES. We all know the seats have to go where they are going but that's not the whole story is it???

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 21:01   #308
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I wore my avatar shirt but too cold to protest it fully but will wear it if i have to guard my stand spot! Its got fluff all to do with the FL its about the plans that they had last year & then because its the cheapest easiest option sod the fans whom may i remind have stood there thro thick & thin, we were good enough then tho. Im not standing further back [as much as i appreciate the ultras work on the noise to gear up the lads on the pitch i dont think they'd want me either they need room too y know] so leaves me cowshed then, no im not happy but then again will only be coping with it till end of season then its a case of reviewin the situation payin on the gate.
Stanleymad, did not realise that you really had a top! Where did you get it???

Old 11-02-2009, 21:04   #309
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Stanleymad, did not realise that you really had a top! Where did you get it???
Giftprint accy market do em i know the owner

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 11-02-2009, 21:05   #310
God Member

Quote:
Giftprint accy market do em i know the owner
Is that Lancsdave?????

Old 11-02-2009, 21:07   #311
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Is that Lancsdave?????
Yep

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 11-02-2009, 21:12   #312
God Member

Quote:
Yep
Cheers Stanleymad

Old 11-02-2009, 21:32   #313
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P
According to MAB in another thread we wont need them as we already ahve seats... maybe he has seen another dodgy picture like the snow on pitch one

Correct and the said seats are those seats from St Mirren,could have said on saturday when i posted redredredseats 1000 of them coming soon watch the fishy sight this week
But felt it wasn't up to me to make any announcement regarding who we got them off at the time only 99%sure that we had them.sorry for any confustion
Old 11-02-2009, 21:42   #314
K-P

coming soon isnt got... the roof was coming soon for 5 yrs
Old 11-02-2009, 22:16   #315
K-P

I know the seats are coming.. every man and his dog knows that.. theres no if but or maybe.. we have to put them in so they will come

The point your missing mab is that you ahve said they are here.. at the time you said that I dispute it and said there not here yet.. they might be here now.. tommorow as we speak even..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..