Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2009, 04:04   #406
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Really wanted to keep out of this one but need to have my say and i aint going one side or the other, yes we do have to put the seats in but as said people dont have to like it i go to stanley because to watch football imho you stand up and to me the game has lost so much because fans are made to sit.In my youth i was a longsider and what a place to be!!! visited the turf recently to watch em take on spurs and it is not an experience that will be repeated soon due to the lack of elbow room and feeling most uncomfatable for the whole match and there aint the atmosphere any more just the odd pocket of fans here and there trying to get behind the team instead of 5 or 600 in full cry and lifting the longside roof.To me it would be a sad day if the FES (OR WHATEVER ITS CALLED BY THEN) ever became all seater and i think even though i am stanley through and through that day will be the last day
well said that man, agree with every word even though yer n ex dingle. cashy agreeing wi a dingle,who would have thought it.
Old 15-02-2009, 10:04   #407
Senior Member+

Quite a long thread, this, doesn't really seem to be getting anywhere.

So how about surrendering the Clayton End to away supporters, bolting all the seats behind the goal and that end of the cowshed, if there's any left, and getting extra money via the turnstiles.

It's not so long since we changed ends at half time anyway.

Just think of the publicity, "Stanley fans brave elements for future of club!", etc.

And in a couple of years we can go back to long threads about needing a roof, what's Eric done with all the money from the seats etc.

Poll, anyone?

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:09   #408
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
So how about surrendering the Clayton End to away supporters, bolting all the seats behind the goal and that end of the cowshed, if there's any left, and getting extra money via the turnstiles.
Fine by me

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:22   #409
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Wonder how long they are going to be stashed there for
Lets take bets... I say no seats in this side of march...
Old 15-02-2009, 10:22   #410
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Give us the old gree View Post

Dave O'Neill, Mark and all the board have worked hard to ensure the seats will be fitted, two or three rows of seats across the front of The Clayton End will be perfect for the Ultras to drape banners on stood behind that the singers, the terrace will still be a great place to be just like The Kop and the Longside.

Great for the ultras ?????????????? mmm 50-80 fans pleased then somewhere for their flags, mmm i think they would much prefer to display their flags as proper fans & wave em as traditional @ stanley

Also the noise level will ultamately change from the ultras end, because the accumalation of people around & IN front of the ultras the noise level is contained in volume & carriage, imho [gee supporting the ultras part here shocker lol]

Plus the advantage of having a force in front of the goals can politely put off the opp goalie also helps our kenny or bavs, having that support right behind he does need to know the time upon closing mins, the defence needs the fans in that pocket to encourage the lads to defend or see something ie back post - also our forwards as well driving em to goal. The 12th man is being lost if the standing folk go & its as very important spot a i have highlighted! So our job goes along with it & its not the same in other areas of the ground imho.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:26   #411
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
This is the "spin" that the club are putting on it now. That those who don't want seats on the Clayton End don't want to stay in the FL.

Rubbish - the club have had three years to sort this out and it seems to me that they've done very little. During that time any rumours about seats on the Clayton End have been met with indignant denials. Now it's too late to do anything else and the club have turned it round and are trying to make the fans feel guilty for wanting to keep the Clayton End all-standing.

Well, it doesn't matter now, the seats are here and they're going to be installed. But two things are for sure - it'll diminish the atmosphere and the matchday experience for a lot of fans and the way it's been done will leave a bad taste in the mouth for many supporters.
Exactly wyn, we keep saying the same point & somehow its always mis-interprepted as we wanna go down - we dont we just dont want the bloody seats in the clayton end!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 15-02-2009, 10:27   #412
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
There is absolutely no chance of the seats being in before this March.

The concrete steps will need modifying to accommodate the seats, then the new concrete will need about a week to cure, before you can start drilling holes to support the seats. Then there's 900 seats to put in one at a time.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 10:29   #413
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
lol KP, i'd say no seats till other side of april just befiore may & they'd want volunteers for the task but knowing the club they will put em in sooner than that just to pee some us off

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 15-02-2009, 10:33   #414
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
There is absolutely no chance of the seats being in before this March.

The concrete steps will need modifying to accommodate the seats, then the new concrete will need about a week to cure, before you can start drilling holes to support the seats. Then there's 900 seats to put in one at a time.

Oh this is so hillarious so could mean they may not be fitted in time, mmmmm just a thought .......ok they got all the seats delivered & piled at the club, surely they aint gonna try a technicality are they..... got the seats but just not fitted pushing the deadline a bit.........i know far fetched but very the club

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Old 15-02-2009, 12:10   #415
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
new stand down the cowshed 2years ago would have sloved this mess but we keept putting off untill the **** hit the fl men and they said do it or out me and overs will move back up the end two the top untill the next thing will be to fill clyton end with seats and put use in the away end i can see this coming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
Quite a long thread, this, doesn't really seem to be getting anywhere.

It's not so long since we changed ends at half time anyway.

Just think of the publicity, "Stanley fans brave elements for future of club!", etc.

And in a couple of years we can go back to long threads about needing a roof, what's Eric done with all the money from the seats etc.

Poll, anyone?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
Fine by me

Was thinking the above myself just the other night, ....... Liams "Matchday Club"
making their racket to the left "The Whinney Hillers" behind the goals, Cav/Mullers leads the Team out inbetween our fans Sounds like a plan to me So what if it pours down all over us? We have had it before so we can have it again, and it would probably be enough to make Eric fork out for a new roof just so we can't have our fun

Would take that any day over what is on offer now

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 12:30   #416
Super Moderator

Me too! I'd put up with rain, hail, sleet, wind and snow to be on an all-standing terrace. Problem is, though, that a lot of our more casual fans wouldn't.
Old 15-02-2009, 12:35   #417
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Me too! I'd put up with rain, hail, sleet, wind and snow to be on an all-standing terrace. Problem is, though, that a lot of our more casual fans wouldn't.
They have always got the seats,the cowshed,the radio and the match threads on this forum

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 13:17   #418
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Sounds like a plan to me So what if it pours down all over us? We have had it before so we can have it again, and it would probably be enough to make Eric fork out for a new roof just so we can't have our fun

According to Eric on Soccer Am the people of Accrington would prefer to stand in the rain
Old 15-02-2009, 13:35   #419
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

an important fact is with a roof a terrace keeps/amplifies the sound, when they switched blackburns "Darwen End" fans to the Blackburn End the same number of fans made the same noise, but it was no where near the volume generated at the darwen end, the diference was the darwen end had a much lower roof, so less away fans installed there,sounded much louder. it aint just the rain that would be n issue.
Old 15-02-2009, 13:53   #420
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
an important fact is with a roof a terrace keeps/amplifies the sound, when they switched blackburns "Darwen End" fans to the Blackburn End the same number of fans made the same noise, but it was no where near the volume generated at the darwen end, the diference was the darwen end had a much lower roof, so less away fans installed there,sounded much louder. it aint just the rain that would be n issue.

Same at the Turf Mr C. The Cricket Field stand has better acoustics than the newer stands with higher roofs.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..