Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2009, 13:56   #421
Senior Member+

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
an important fact is with a roof a terrace keeps/amplifies the sound....
That's where the acoustic damping comes in, applied to the underside of the roof.

Plus we'll remove most of the away fans for failing to sit down ...... having hired Rochdale's stewards.

Sorry, forgot to mention that bit.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2009, 13:56   #422
God Member

I noticed the usual Google Page Ranking from Eric spending X amount of pounds on a roof & the gates got lower, put seats in & it'll be lower than that lol, dont u love FL rulings?!

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 13:59   #423
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
an important fact is with a roof a terrace keeps/amplifies the sound, when they switched blackburns "Darwen End" fans to the Blackburn End the same number of fans made the same noise, but it was no where near the volume generated at the darwen end, the diference was the darwen end had a much lower roof, so less away fans installed there,sounded much louder. it aint just the rain that would be n issue.
Thing is we waited for yrs to get the long awaited roof & yes it has made a huge difference to the accoustics & loudness of the crowd - plus the advantage of not getting soaked, mmmm trading roof for standing - thats a hard desicion except when its sunny & warm

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 14:17   #424
God Member

I've been thinking about Oggy's posts, and I would agree. It makes sense, plus we could charge away fans the same as the main terrace, an extra £2 per adult.

The Accrington end will need a roof eventually.
Away fans go to the Crown, so the nearest end for them is the Clayton end.

Stanley Fans in the Accrington end.
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 14:22   #425
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redash View Post
I've been thinking about Oggy's posts, and I would agree. It makes sense, plus we could charge away fans the same as the main terrace, an extra £2 per adult.

The Accrington end will need a roof eventually.
Away fans go to the Crown, so the nearest end for them is the Clayton end.

Stanley Fans in the Accrington end.
Good thinking, Redash! So, Southern Red, what do you reckon? Worth mentioning to Eric and the board?
Old 15-02-2009, 14:59   #426

put me in the rain sigin keeps you warm and danceing to j bell would like us back at that end me and some pal had a chat to him not so long ago
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 17:24   #427
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
According to Eric on Soccer Am the people of Accrington would prefer to stand in the rain
Can't believe it Looks like our Eric has orchestrated this whole "Clayton End Seats" thing all along

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 18:38   #428
Senior Member+

This is becoming the best/daftest conspiracy theory since the grassy knoll shot JFK. Was Eric in Dallas then?
Old 15-02-2009, 18:44   #429
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
This is becoming the best/daftest conspiracy theory since the grassy knoll shot JFK. Was Eric in Dallas then?
Of course he was Can not believe you thought otherwise Who else pulled the trigger

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 19:19   #430
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Who else pulled the trigger

... and he never paid for it!
Old 15-02-2009, 19:59   #431
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Good thinking, Redash! So, Southern Red, what do you reckon? Worth mentioning to Eric and the board?
I thought about this a week ago, and have passed the comments on to the main people working on the project at the club. ( I thought you lot would lynch my IF I made the thoughts public!!)

My own personnel thoughts are not to move to the Coppice end, here are my reasons:

1) Parking + movement of away fans. We park up coaches and visitors on Livingstone road. If they entered via the Clayton End not sure what the safety experts would say re spectator movement and car movement. Our biggest issue at present is unauthorised car movement. I could only see it being a bigger headache IF the change was made

2) Toilets + catering are much superior at the Clayton End, also you can shelter when eating under the roof in the compound

3) Again a personnel observation. The majority of crowd disorder (which is minimal) is in the away crowd. We have had very few home ejections during our time in the FL. There have been loads of away ejections. Its very easy to spot and control trouble from the police box, would be much harder if the trouble was to be on the Clayton End.

I can see the positives of the atmosphere + dressing rooms etc at the Coppice End.

What would solve ALL the issues would be for some kind sole to win the lottery (I had only 3 numbers this week!!) build the all singing + dancing stand we all want on the Whinney Hill then we could have Accy fans behind both goals, like Rochdale, Lincoln + Bradford. Thats what we are all dreaming of, we just need the extra injection of capital
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 20:11   #432
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
1) Parking + movement of away fans. We park up coaches and visitors on Livingstone road. If they entered via the Clayton End not sure what the safety experts would say re spectator movement and car movement. Our biggest issue at present is unauthorised car movement. I could only see it being a bigger headache IF the change was made
I would think that would be the first and foremost reason for not moving the away fans. I doubt as a club you would hardly get a say in it either. I would think the police prefer the current arrangements and what they want they get, otherwise you get no ground safety certificate. Am I right ?

Quote:
What would solve ALL the issues would be for some kind sole to win the lottery (I had only 3 numbers this week!!)
Your more likely to get lynched for the tenner than your views
Old 15-02-2009, 20:13   #433
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post

What would solve ALL the issues would be for some kind sole to win the lottery.
then we could have Accy fans behind both goals, like Rochdale, Lincoln + Bradford. Thats what we are all dreaming of, we just need the extra injection of capital
What you going to do? pay fans to come

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2009, 20:15   #434
Super Moderator

Yes, can see your points, SR, but, as the "superior" toilet/catering facilities at the Clayton End only comprise portakabins and trailers, surely it would be relatively easy simply to move them round. As for the police control room, that's got to be replaced at the end of the season, anyway, so why couldn't the permanent one be built at the Clayton End? Still think the directors should consider it.
Old 15-02-2009, 20:23   #435
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Also if the clayton end was made all seater the ground capacity would fall to 4,356k Currently 5,056. Clayton End area has a current capacity of 2000 at the moment 600 seats are to be put in at that rate to seat the whole of the clayton end you'l need another 6/700 seats which reduces capacity to 12/1300 from 2000 a short fall of 700 spaces to me a none starter

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..