Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2008, 15:27   #16
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!
Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
Please believe me the Clayton End seat option was only thought of this week.
This option may have only been thought of this week but I do not believe it is the first time the club considered seating the Clayton End, this option to me is you have sold us out.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2008, 15:36   #17
Accy Red

I've thought a bit more and I would rather stand in the rain on the Coppice End than accept the option of seating the Clayton End, but I've no doubt that will be next years plan.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Old 30-11-2008, 15:58   #18
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred View Post
With current average gates of less than 2000 things like the Craney sales, Tranmere TV money etc are going into the day to day account. .
Right this is the bit I dont follow so can someone explain it to me.. Did the club think they where going to be getting above 2k average gate this season and budgeted for that? I dont believe they would have as rob heys has said on this form that they budget for far lower.. theres nothing happened to indicate we would get anywhere near that amount..

So why is craney, roberts ect and tv money going to day to day running that must have already been budgeted for? How could the club possibly know we where getting all that money?? What happens next season if we dont sell a couple of our best players and we dont appear on TV .. are you saying we wouldnt have enough money to survive?

Sorry but for me the explanation doesnt add up at all.
Old 30-11-2008, 16:20   #19
God Member

.. So in your household KP, you don't have 'unplaned' things happening eg. dishwasher breaking down,car problems,unexpected family event requireing capital outlay, rates/power increase..etc?.. ...You budget for some BUT Murphys law kicks in and you have to find the extra $$$ from your day-to day expenses.yea, I've never been to the FES, and astheticaly seats at the Clayton end might look odd, but if thats what it takes to keep the club viable, so be it.Its what happens inside the white rectangle that really counts.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 17:07   #20
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
.. So in your household KP, you don't have 'unplaned' things happening eg..
whats happened at stanley that they havent budgeted for that costs the price of players sold and 37k tv money.. ??? cant think of anyhting? no neither can I

I dont usually care less how the club is run and happy to leave it to those that know how... But when directors of the club come in here and tell us stories that dont add up then i ask questions.. Funny like that..
Old 30-11-2008, 17:47   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
whats happened at stanley that they havent budgeted for that costs the price of players sold and 37k tv money.. ??? cant think of anyhting? no neither can I

I dont usually care less how the club is run and happy to leave it to those that know how... But when directors of the club come in here and tell us stories that dont add up then i ask questions.. Funny like that..
Exactly... roughly 200k windfall which cannot have been budgeted for comes into the club and yet seems to disappear without a trace. It was either an incredibly stupid move by the club budgeting for 200k coming from nowhere which very fortunately came off or we've got an extra 200k to play with.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 18:02   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
This option may have only been thought of this week but I do not believe it is the first time the club considered seating the Clayton End, this option to me is you have sold us out.
quite right Bagpuss
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...rta-31702.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

The club are believed to be considering putting the 900 required seats onto the Clayton End because it would only involve pouring new concrete moulds over the existing steps and then putting the seats in. Developing the Whinney Hill would involve demolition and total rebuild.

It is by no means set in stone but I think that by posting it we can have an early chance to vent our thoughts on this.

My thoughts are that unless that mean rehousing the Accy fans on the Coppice (and under a roof) then I'll not be attending home matches. I stated last season that I will be trying very hard not to go to away matches that involve being seated. I'll be buggered if I'm going to have it at home games as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
next bit edited, removed and saved to Word for bringing back in two years time as an 'I told you so'

I don't think anybody is really knocking the club as everybody has realised what I was at pains to emphasise that it is by no means a decided thing more a case of stressing that many people wouldn't stand for it (pardon the pun)

Old 30-11-2008, 18:09   #23

Having read a number of post's it appears we are split on the Clayton End seat debate infact the entire seast debate is a mess... As Eric has gone gone on record we need to fit the seats to put nobody on them, however as Southern Red has stated when we beat Woking we signed up to the rules of the Football League. We need to face facts here we need the seats by law and that law is set in stone by the FL.

Credit must go to Southern Red who has come on here and explained the facts from the Boards point of view, now how many club Directors would come onto a M/B and for that Mark must be applauded. Dave O'Neil has picked up this project and has very little money and a tight time schedule, he is having to move fast on this to ensure we have everythhing in place on time and if keeping Football League status means putting seats under a roof in the Clayton End then so be it, now dont get me wrong the Fans who gather under the roof and sing their hearts out must be a bit brassed off but put simply chaps and ladies the question remains Standing Terrace or Football League status what do we all want, I personally have a lot of trust in Dave as new GM and given time to sort out funding and grants my money would be on this being a short term soloution and one day the Whinney Hill being all seating, but thats for the future.

Budgets - Leave me out on that i dont do finance but one thing is for sure the past 8 years have seen a improvement on the clubs league position and better facilities every year, I for one have faith in Eric, Rob Dave AND HAVE GREAT RESPECT FOR Mark for coming on here to try to help explain the situation.

On Stanley On
Give us the old gree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 18:13   #24
I am Banned

Macca,

Your wisdom and old post are to be appreciated.

However seats on the Clayton End are a very new thought, because as we do this we have to make further ground improvements to keep the 5K capacity.

The club have attempted to resist these canges, they have approached the League to ask for an exemption. This has been refused.

Barnet were in the same postion, they have built a new stand without any increase in gates. Morecambe and Dagenham will be in the same postion this time next year. However we all knew the rules when we applied to join the League, we have to abide by them.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 18:24   #25
Senior Member+

what gets me is putting seats at the front of the clayton end leaving the back for people to stand up in! now to get on the clayton end is £13.00 adult price to stand up! now if we have the seats put in will they charge £15.00 same as main stand? what if someone pays to stand up but sits down the whloe game thats £2.00 lost per person who pays for standing up but sits down now 10 people who do that is an extra £10.00 lost 100 people is £100.00 all adds up for rest of the season! if we have to have seats than thats what we have to do some people will not like it becuase accy is know to be all terrace so it will look different but people will just have to get used to it! i think that we should just build the new stand on the coppice end with the offices etc all extra money and stuff aint it

keep the faith

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 18:28   #26
God Member

Whats the problem, them seats will look good full of flags and banners

www.ubuntu.com

K.S.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 18:31   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
what gets me is putting seats at the front of the clayton end leaving the back for people to stand up in! now to get on the clayton end is £13.00 adult price to stand up! now if we have the seats put in will they charge £15.00 same as main stand?

Not likely to charge the same as main stand, most clubs charge more for seats down the side than seats behind the goal. As they are only going in to satisfy league demand I would imagine the club will still treat it the same and people have the choice of sitting or standing.
Old 30-11-2008, 18:32   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post

Good money spinner, flag charge for each seat it takes up
Old 30-11-2008, 18:38   #29
Accy Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.S.H View Post
Blackburn already do it so why not us

Old 30-11-2008, 18:38   #30
K-P

it should be quite compact behind the seats.. might even make for a better atmosphere in the long run..

guess i am not getting an answer re the dodgy budget explanation then..

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..