Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2008, 18:51   #31
Resting in Peace

Re: Please Read; The Seats The Facts!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
it should be quite compact behind the seats.. might even make for a better atmosphere in the long run..

guess i am not getting an answer re the dodgy budget explanation then..
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
Yes, I did. Never learn, do I? Anyway, I'm really cheesed off about it. I waited over 40 years for something like the Clayton End at Stanley and I love it. Once these seats are installed, I reckon it just won't "feel" right anymore. Does anybody else feel the same...or am I making a mountain out of a molehill?
I'm with you 100% mate. Thought it must be April 1st when I heard about the plan. "Lower part of the Clayton end"? - it ain't deep enough to have a lower part! Just how many rows of standing would be left behind the bloody seats? If there is no other way apart from the proper solution of the Whinney Hill side being redeveloped ( and I am also at a loss about the budget along with KP), then why not just have the the necessary seats at each end ot the Clayton end? The behind the goal area could still then be for standng only.Without the standing block of Utras and their older brethren the whole matchday experience will be destroyed for ever.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-11-2008, 18:57   #32
Senior Member+

Contractors are looking for projects to tender for, steel prices are struggling like they haven't for years, and we got a good price for Ian Craney even after Swansea got their cut. Hopefully the club got some TV money for the six parter as well.

After the Clayton End, I was looking forward to Stanley building a nice facility on the Whinney Hill side at a price that the club could afford. Seats at the front of the Clayton End and the Whinney Hill stand retained with seats won't enhance the appearance of the ground and will detract from many people's match day experience.

The seating plans will no doubt have to take account of the arrangements needed for getting out of the Whinney Hill stand in an emergency with all those seats in there.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!

Last edited by Haggis316; 30-11-2008 at 18:59.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 18:59   #33
Senior Member+

Build the new stand i say and get the extra money from new offices , new facilitys and most importantly the many away fans we could charge to sit in it! Look how many bury brought this weekend. Stick a thousand of them in the new stand and get £16/£18 a person. Weve got to look to the future not temporary basis all the time. It would be a great investment. I havent a clue where that 200k has gone for ian craney. Maybe erics dentist bill?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 19:16   #34
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
then why not just have the the necessary seats at each end ot the Clayton end? The behind the goal area could still then be for standng only.Without the standing block of Utras and their older brethren the whole matchday experience will be destroyed for ever.
To anyone at the club reading this thread take note of this post.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 19:24   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
Build the new stand i say and get the extra money from new offices , new facilitys and most importantly the many away fans we could charge to sit in it! Look how many bury brought this weekend. Stick a thousand of them in the new stand and get £16/£18 a person. Weve got to look to the future not temporary basis all the time. It would be a great investment. I havent a clue where that 200k has gone for ian craney. Maybe erics dentist bill?
Now you're talking FC.
IMHO we blundered in not taking a the forward view when we delayed the building of the Clayton end roof. Look how many came for the free-entry Torquay game and packed the Clayton end, but then mostly beggared off at half time because of the weather. We lost a hell of a lot of potential new fans that day, missing the thrilling end to the game. Banks were practically throwing money around when we should have speculated, and OK things are very different now, but surely "where there's a will there's a way"?
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 19:33   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
why not just have the the necessary seats at each end ot the Clayton end? The behind the goal area could still then be for standng only.
I like that idea, Redraine, and I reckon that the club ought to seriously consider it. It's far, far better than what's being proposed at the moment.

However, the idea of Accrington Stanley building a large, all-seater stand which they have no hope of filling is an idea that fills me with grave misgivings. Why? Because I'm old enough to have seen it before and it ended in disaster!
Old 30-11-2008, 19:49   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I like that idea, Redraine, and I reckon that the club ought to seriously consider it. It's far, far better than what's being proposed at the moment.

However, the idea of Accrington Stanley building a large, all-seater stand which they have no hope of filling is an idea that fills me with grave misgivings. Why? Because I'm old enough to have seen it before and it ended in disaster!
Stick the away fans in it and making them pay a silly amount! I know it sounds horrible making them pay alot , but i dont care as we will have more money coming in. That new stand could bring so many benefits!!! Offices , new changing rooms , new cafe?/bar, executive boxes, etc .

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 20:02   #38
God Member

Just read this thread several times & still doesn't make any sense??????????????????

Anyone got a new seating map or layout ??????? need to see what its gonna look like otherwise imagination is .... well not looking good to me so far.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 20:13   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Stick the away fans in it and making them pay a silly amount! I know it sounds horrible making them pay alot , but i dont care as we will have more money coming in. That new stand could bring so many benefits!!! Offices , new changing rooms , new cafe?/bar, executive boxes, etc .
i like the idea but you cant charge them a different price to what you charge the home fans! so if they pay silly prices so will the people who dont have a season ticket but just come on every game.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 20:19   #40
Super Moderator

Quote:
I thought that league rules stated you could only charge away fans the same as home fans...or am I mistaken? Whatever, it's all very well when you've got a thousand Bury fans, but how often does that happen in a season? What happens at matches like next Saturday's when you get a couple of hundred Brentford fans turning up? That's not going to pay for a new stand. I don't like the idea of seats ANYWHERE in the Clayton End and it will personally make matchdays less enjoyable for me, but I prefer it to being chucked out of the league or economic instability (both of which I have experienced before with Stanley!).
Old 30-11-2008, 20:46   #41
Senior Member+

Seriously, a temporary stand as suggested must be the way forward. If not then build a stand and place the control tower in there too aswell as changing facilitys etc. Raising money, whip around the ground every game, beg the council and companys. Down the town every weekend with buckets any moneys better than nothing.

Raise capita with life season tickets again sure the club loses out in the end if people forever go. But if the club is sure its going to go forward then maybe this is the way forward.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 20:55   #42
I am Banned

So many questions and every answer is rather complicated!!

Briefly, we currently only offer away fans terrace accomodation and we have to charge them what we charge on the home/Clayton end; ie:£13. If we make the away fans sit down we can charge seating prices of £15, ie £2 more each. That was the reason behind the plan to seat the Whinney Hill, it would create additional revenue. However the overall costs are currently very prohibited.

The all signing, all dancing new stand would be superb. But could anybody GUARANTEE even without "the credit crunch" that massive extra corperate revenue would be raised immediately. We tried to make the Sportsman all corporate, that didn't work, in fact the debate behind this has caused more uproar than this issue. To whom are we going to sell office space to now?? Who will buy corporate boxes; Burnley Blackburn and PNE can't fill them them for normal games.

We could charge more for visitors (currently £2 per person) but that will only bring in around £1000 per match, £25k per year. Pay back would be 10 years!!

With regards to what it will look like. Please look at the match gallery for Macc away last season (29/3/08) Look at pictures LC1Y1000 + 1002 + 1014 + 1011. They give good pictures of how their stand looks.

With regard to how it will operate on a match day. Good point the safety team are currently working out the practical implications.

Finally, with regard to seats to the back at either end, to leave the middle totally terraced. My first thoughts are that vision from the seats MAY be impaired. If you sat on the end and across the gangway somebody is stood up, my guess is that the seated person may have his/her view blocked; need to think about that in more detail. I do know Dave O'neill checks the MB regularly, so I'm sure he'll give it some thought, if its practical
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 21:01   #43
K-P

here

LC1Y1014.jpg :: Macclesfield v Accy
Old 30-11-2008, 21:12   #44
I am Banned

Thanks KP.

At Macc they charge the same price in that area, sit or stand the punter chooses!!

They reckon they've only filled it once or twice; I wonder if they'll fill it V Everton in the FA Cup or will the TV camera's keep the punters away??
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2008, 21:26   #45
Full Member+

Da Da da da daaaa

The Joys of MS Paint.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..