Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2009, 15:44   #31
God Member

Re: 'red letter ?'.. Mark 2 !

Maybe it's time someone started an SoS fund to help pay back all those who put money into the club during the past few weeks. I hope it isn't so, Mr Khan, but it looks like the carboard millionaire will take everything down with him. Is there a budding investigative journalist / writer out there; this whole sorry tale sums up the worst side of the football 'business'. Even better if there was someone from the fraud squad.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-11-2009, 15:46   #32

jeff, i think that most of the more engaged journalists had more than a sense of the actual reality, but as with all responsible journalism, they want to be able to publish attributable and verifiable information. I have only just started to get some decent quality information as i have engaged directly with asfc counterparts (the courts, the revenue dept, the pfa, footy league etc), and come up with facts rather than supposition. I am sure that the papers will get there in their own good time. Right now, our concern is the survival of the club on weds. I have one or two more calls out to establish the full extent of the "black hole". I rather suspect that our chairman who has no clothes on (to use a mild analogy) is also very financially stressed. It may well be that the root of the problem is that TEWNC ('the emperor with no clothes") has made three very simple mistakes that are now compounding. the sad thing is that in his blind desire only to focus on his self interest, he has harmed the club and this town, and this community.

1. he desperately wanted to own the club and miscalculated his ability to step up to the late. what i mean is that he did not possess the means to pursue his ambition.

2. once he got into the situation, he found that not only did he lack financial means, he lacked managerial and executive ability. the way he has handled things since June is farcical.

3. he loves the idea of being "chairman" without having any idea of what that means in terms of accountability. why, otherwise, say you are "owner" etc if you dont own a single share.

I have no idea what deal has been made between oneil and whalley. half of me hopes i am wrong and oneil is going to jump out of the woodwork and prove us all wrong on item 3, and show that in fact he is the owner, and that he is just guilty of items 1 and 2. Somehow that seems unlikely.

on Whalley, i have no capacity to focus on his situation. It will take a forensic audit (and a bit of time) in order to establish his part in the sorry saga, thats for sure.
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 15:52   #33
God Member

I beleive ew is the intrigal part of all this mess & cardboard chairman is just there to take the firing squad whilst he goes about un noticed & un harmed, i think thats where its sinister but only my opinion of the matter.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 15:58   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
I beleive ew is the intrigal part of all this mess & cardboard chairman is just there to take the firing squad whilst he goes about un noticed & un harmed, i think thats where its sinister but only my opinion of the matter.
It wasn't O'Neil I was referring to as the cardboard millionaire; it was EW. I still believe it's his hand we see at work. I suspect O'Neil is a patsy.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 15:59   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
It wasn't O'Neil I was referring to as the cardboard millionaire; it was EW. I still believe it's his hand we see at work. I suspect O'Neil is a patsy.
May I be so bold as to suggest 'not a particularly good one'............flabbergasted

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 16:00   #36
Senior Member+

After passing on my thanks to Ilyas for all that he has done...and is continuing to pursue on behalf of OUR Club....can I just say that anyone reading my opening post on this thread will wonder just what made me write..

'By the day's ending I am more that certain that the Forum will be ablaze with information which will gladden the hearts and minds of all TRUE fans of our great Little Club that will not not Die!!'...wherever they may be !!...'

Unlike my Biblical Namesake (?)...It would appear that as far as making 'Red-Letter; prophesies go I am about as useless as Rubber Lips on a Woodpecker !!...Who knows maybe tomorrow will be 'a Re........I'll shut up!!

'ON STANLEY !!...ON!!...TO GREATER THINGS !!'
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 16:02   #37
God Member

Yonmon, you are not alone my friend...................celebratory shandies my foot

(TUESDAY 3rd NOVEMBER 2009........A PROUD DAY FOR ALL STANLEY FANS)

Messrs Khan and Marsden I thank you

Thursday 31st. March 2011, a new dawn over the Crown ground.
www.dirtyhatband.co.uk
ukcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 16:03   #38
God Member

LOL Yonmon u do start some really good threads & they become full of drama

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 16:12   #39
God Member

Angry Re: 'red letter ?'.. Mark 2 !

Never a dull moment following STANLEY. What a thread for me to wake up too..and like the rest of us, just when we all thought it was a case of 'Nearly there..'
I'm staggered, and very ****** off .
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 16:36   #40
God Member

..Of course the other question I and I'm sure many others on here are thinking is " How long can Messers Khan and Marsden put money into the club pursuing its survival?" I'm not trying to be nosey as to, in dollar terms, how much they value supporting ASFC,but I'm sure they are not 'Bottomless pits' . Its very much a case of having picked up an old rope that was lying in the garden ,only to find it was in fact a tail attached to a bloody lion!
Old 02-11-2009, 16:39   #41
God Member

What a disgusting state of affairs this shambles is turning into. I feel so very angry that after the general public have been so generous in these hard times the board have as yet to back their statements up with the monies they promised. They are a disgrace to Accrington
Old 02-11-2009, 16:47   #42
Senior Member+

Im sorry but IMO, DON hasnt taken over as the owner thus why the change hasnt been registered. EW is using a pal as a whipping boy, thinking his image as Mr.Accrington Stanley has gone untouched. EW run the de tabley arms near to Ribchester into admin.

Accrington Stanley the club that paid for Russell Whalleys gambling addiction.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 16:49   #43

The whole sorry mess is sickening people have and still are working their socks of to keep our club alive,putting in hard earned cash from already stretched budgets, and these clowns are still pussyfooting around,COME CLEAN AND LET THE TRUTH BE KNOWN.
even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 16:51   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
think we are getting onto very shakey ground with this
What ,here in New Zealand ???!!!
Old 02-11-2009, 16:53   #45
Senior Member+

Whalley Road not too far from the ground IIRC.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..