Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 03:39   #241
Senior Member+

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Harris is accused of betting on a Chester game this season, so it looks as though he still hasn't learned anything.
Old 10-04-2009, 04:34   #242
God Member

I like the quote from Jimmy Bell "I have known Peter for many years and he insists he can’t remember putting the bet on. "
I wonder if he'd have forgot to collect the winnings, had his bet come in?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 09:53   #243
Senior Member+

Alan Knill's view:

Knill's disgust at betting charges (From Bury Times)

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:22   #244
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Procter in plea to angry Stanley fans Lancashire Telegraph - Accrington Stanley
Old 10-04-2009, 10:28   #245
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

can understand proccy n the other players, fact remains to me, the club should not have put them in such a position.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:12   #246
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Shut up Proctor we will make our own minds up on this.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:55   #247

end of the day you bet you loses.
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 14:12   #248
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
end of the day you bet you loses.
End of the day Grimps...As most of the forum would appear to agree, the Status Quo with regard to this whole sorry mess is dire, disappointing, and depressing.
I am almost afraid to predict that after tomorrow's game at Grimsby, and particularly following the weird environment which without doubt will pervade the FES on Monday afternoon, that things will sadly appear to be a lot worse !.
Even with my most Crimson-tinted spectacles on I cannot raise the slightest hint of optimism regarding
the reaction of Players, Management, and Fans to what is happening,and without doubt will happen to OUR Club, and shudder to think what will transpire if the alleged 'errant' pair run out against Chester City.

I'm giving a good impression of Jeremiah again !..
but 'the writing' is quite clearly 'on the wall' !.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 14:27   #249
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Procter in plea to angry Stanley fans Lancashire Telegraph - Accrington Stanley
The comment sums it up

Norman the Wangler, Baxenden says...
11:18am Fri 10 Apr 09
i wont abuse them because i wont be going again. Ive given them the last pound they will ever get from me. Only the delusional believe that it was only the five they have evidence against. They have cheated sport and deserve no further part at any level.

Don't blame you Norman its an absolute disgrace

Its not like they don't get paid enough
Old 10-04-2009, 14:42   #250
God Member

I have to disagree with norman the wangler though. Why penalise the club, they didn't put the bet on, yes I know our money pays these players wages.. but I just get the feeling it's like shooting yourself in the foot by not going anymore. We love Accrington Stanley not just one or two players!!!!!

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 14:47   #251
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harwood red View Post
I have to disagree with norman the wangler though. Why penalise the club, they didn't put the bet on, yes I know our money pays these players wages.. but I just get the feeling it's like shooting yourself in the foot by not going anymore. We love Accrington Stanley not just one or two players!!!!!

Nice point Lesley....

I'm going to make the effort to get over for the Chester game. I don't want them on the pitch but I'm their to back the rest of the team that have pride in there shirts, the name and the crest they bear on their chest......Accrington Stanley.

(yes I know, it will be the first game in two seasons)

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 15:05   #252
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i also disagree with norman the wangler, whilst i have no intention of returning whilst these 2 are not suspended, once its been dealt with, i shall return. the club should n could have handled this much better, its the club thats shot itself in the foot IMHO.
Old 10-04-2009, 15:20   #253

You have got it wrong in the main, a handfull of silly ignorant footballers try to make a quick cheap buck on the back of true fans is a very sorry situation. Supporting the club through thick 'n thin is OUR JOB , turn up INSPITE of these miscreants, in thirty years time there name will fade, Paul Mullins name will remain unsullied for ever. Do not let these idiots persuade you from your chosen path.
slerpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 15:33   #254
Senior Member+

The reaction of that Norman bloke is incredibly ignorant and verging on slanderous. People like that are just looking for excuses.

There is no evidence of match fixing. There is no evidence against any other player. The club is not involved in any way. So why stop going to the matches and 'punishing' the club??

I think people need to take a reality check instead of jumping to all the wrong conclusions.
Old 10-04-2009, 16:02   #255

I agree with the SS on this one. There is no evidence of match fixing. We'd managed to play crap at home all last season so the likely result was a win for Bury even if they'd been 20 points behind us.

The thing that still puzzles me though is the timing of this season's fixture. Which genius at the Football League came up with idea to have it as the last game of the season after what happened last May. On the evidence of our first 2 seasons in the League it was likely (that word again) that there'd be something at stake in the game. we could be safe by then with nothing to play for but Bury are now in an automatic spot after beating Shrewsbury. There'll be that many FA fair play assessors at the game they'll have to move it to Wembley!!

Argentina v Peru 1978 anybody?
Bradshaw Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..