Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2009, 09:23   #376
Senior Member+

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Are they betting on snooker now?
You never know: BBC SPORT | Other sport... | Snooker | Police investigate snooker match
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-04-2009, 10:06   #377
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
No because he plays in the reserves and it does not affect the 1st team, had it of been an inportant 1st team player would they have done it
Rubbish, do you really think Steve Gerrard would still be captain if he had done it?

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 10:46   #378
Senior Member+

Steven gerrard would never of done that anyway! The person who did do it does not have any respect for the deaths and i think Liverpool are right in doing it! Anyone watch soccer am and see owen coyle score against are reserve side i think, good goal.
MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 10:53   #379
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

Quote:
Steven gerrard would never of done that anyway!
You're missing to point, who would have thought our captain would bet against our own team, disrespectful to the fans.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2009, 11:02   #380

Quote:
Steven gerrard would never of done that anyway! The person who did do it does not have any respect for the deaths and i think Liverpool are right in doing it! Anyone watch soccer am and see owen coyle score against are reserve side i think, good goal.

Just seen that goal, it was a cheeky one

neilhaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 16:31   #381
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagpuss View Post
You're missing to point, who would have thought our captain would bet against our own team, disrespectful to the fans.
You have absolutely no evidence of that, so why speak of it as a given fact?
Cav has stated in the press that he is innocent. After such a bold statement, there's no reason why Stanley fans shouldn't believe and support him until the hearing on Thursday.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 17:13   #382
K-P

Well people are presuming a lot when it comes to cavanaghs case.. i fully expect him to come out of all this smelling of roses and quite a few people eating humble pie.. But he is the only one...

I dont say that lightly and believe me its not becasue I like the guy .. I think he is ignorant.. I dont think he has ventured a hello to me in 8 yrs of being at every stanley game he has been at..

But.. he hasn't done what you think he has and he doesnt deserve the criticism..
Old 19-04-2009, 17:22   #383
God Member

Smile Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Well people are presuming a lot when it comes to cavanaghs case.. i fully expect him to come out of all this smelling of roses and quite a few people eating humble pie.. But he is the only one...

I dont say that lightly and believe me its not becasue I like the guy .. I think he is ignorant.. I dont think he has ventured a hello to me in 8 yrs of being at every stanley game he has been at..

But.. he hasn't done what you think he has and he doesnt deserve the criticism..
What has he done then?? Because I would presume that The F.A. do not go around accusing players willy nilly just for the hell of it..... Please tell us what you know K-P......

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 17:29   #384
Senior Member+

Also how is he ignorant for not saying hello to you? Have you said hello to him and he did not reply? Do you really expect every player to say hello to you?

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Old 19-04-2009, 17:30   #385
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
Completely agree.
I think Cav's statement not only makes clear his innocence, but speaks volumes of Rocky's situation //!
Old 19-04-2009, 17:36   #386
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Completely agree.
I think Cav's statement not only makes clear his innocence, but speaks volumes of Rocky's situation //!
Shaker, could you please post a copy of Cav's statement for those of us who have not got access T' Thobserver week in - week out

Cheers in advance........

Old 19-04-2009, 17:36   #387
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Shaker, could you please post a copy of Cav's statement for those of us who have not got access T' Thobserver week in - week out

Cheers in advance........
I already have done pal! A few pages back? You asked where it appeared!
Old 19-04-2009, 17:41   #388
God Member

We shall all find out on thursday. Is anyone betting on the outcome?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2009, 17:42   #389
God Member

Quote:
I already have done pal! A few pages back? You asked where it appeared!
Cheers Shaker.... Thought that was just an abstract from the statement, did not realise that was it in full... Cheers for the reply Shaker, though those words do not instill me with huge confidence, all he has said is he is not guilty. I am more interested with K-P's post.

Old 19-04-2009, 17:42   #390
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cavanagh to plead not guilty

"I can't say too much about the charges levelled against me but I can confirm that I will plead not guilty. My conscience in clear and I will fight my case to clear my name against these charges. I want to reassure fans that, as club captain, I always have and always will give my best in any match and will continue to do so for as long as the club and the fans want me to".

oo ahh.
There you go mate

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..