Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-04-2009, 21:29   #406
God Member

Smile Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-P View Post
OK we know that.. But surely you have figured it out by now... i ask again.. why would that bother you.. a stanley fan.. or any other stanley fan?
Because, surely I am not on my own in thinking that IF Cav has bet on Bury to win then how can a fan not feel outraged?????

If you are saying that Cav has not done that but has bet on other League 2 matches, well then he is stupid to get caught.......

Anything else that has happened well please feel free to inform us...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/

Last edited by VALAIRIAN; 19-04-2009 at 21:36. Reason: Spellings
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-04-2009, 21:40   #407
K-P

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Because, surely I am not on my own in thinking that IF Cav has bet on Bury to win then how can a fan not feel outraged?????

If you are saying that Cav has not done that but has bet on other League 2 matches, well then he is stupid to get caught.......

Anything else that has happened well please feel free to inform us...

didnt we agree that cav is pleading not guilty to the bury bet? so lets not fixate on that one

there is another bet he may well get done for yes? I am asking why would everyone want him to lose his job, reputation and life in football for a bet which is technically against the rules but nowhere near the type of thing the rest have been done for.. especially when nowhere does it say that its a bet against stanley winning..

if you can come away from the bury bet for two minutes
Old 19-04-2009, 21:47   #408
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if he has bet against his own club of which he happens to be captain of as well, then he deserves the boot in my book. because its then a betrayal of club n fans.
Old 19-04-2009, 21:50   #409
God Member

I have already posted that I think that it is O.T.T. to not allow players to bet within their own Leagues, so any other bets, whilst punishable by the F.A. In truth do not bother me, The only thing I am interested in is the Bury match, which if Cav is saying he is innocent of then I do not have any issues...

Old 19-04-2009, 21:54   #410
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if he has bet against his own club of which he happens to be captain of as well, then he deserves the boot in my book. because its then a betrayal of club n fans.

I think we are all on the same page with that one cashy I also think it doesnt matter if its a fiver or 5 thousand quid.. its whats in your head when your making the bet

But suppose he didnt do exactly that. suppose he bet on a stanley win.. he still broke the rules but does the punishment fi the crime? same rule broken isnt it.. I would fine him a fiver and say done be so daft

I think you will find cav is a whole different case to the others and IMHO the FA look stupiud even mentioning it.. but I suppose they had to as it was found in an official enquiery
Old 19-04-2009, 21:55   #411
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

ya may think its OTT valairian, but its the rules like em or not, you don't abide by em at work n see what happens. that same thing applies K-P.
Old 20-04-2009, 07:24   #412
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ya may think its OTT valairian, but its the rules like em or not, you don't abide by em at work n see what happens. that same thing applies K-P.
I hear what you are saying Cashman Rules are rules, but some are silly.... And yes if they are broken well...... What I am trying to get at and I suppose I will have to wait until the whole thing is done (And maybe even then???????) is Why is Cav supposedly different to the rest????

Old 20-04-2009, 07:31   #413
God Member

Quote:
I think we are all on the same page with that one cashy I also think it doesnt matter if its a fiver or 5 thousand quid.. its whats in your head when your making the bet

But suppose he didnt do exactly that. suppose he bet on a stanley win.. he still broke the rules but does the punishment fi the crime? same rule broken isnt it.. I would fine him a fiver and say done be so daft

I think you will find cav is a whole different case to the others and IMHO the FA look stupiud even mentioning it.. but I suppose they had to as it was found in an official enquiery

If he bet on Stanley to win, then in the F.A. Eyes he has broken rules, but as far as I (And I would think others) am concerned, he would have been foolish to get caught, but I do not think there would have been the same uproar from fans, Ultras, Etc. Do not think we would have heard the same booing and chanting if that were the case

Old 20-04-2009, 08:52   #414
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
If he bet on Stanley to win, then in the F.A. Eyes he has broken rules, but as far as I (And I would think others) am concerned, he would have been foolish to get caught, but I do not think there would have been the same uproar from fans, Ultras, Etc. Do not think we would have heard the same booing and chanting if that were the case
i agree if the accusation was he bet on a stanley win,then fer me all he would be guilty off is stupidity. i would feel annoyed not betrayed. i would hope thats the case with him. but according to the media etc that aint the case.
Old 20-04-2009, 09:37   #415
Resting In Peace

As far as I know Cav had a bet for a Stanley win on a game which we drew. He still broke the rules and the FA will punish him if found guilty. At the end of the day I don't think Cav is good enough for Stanley in the league, whenever the oppostition score he is always found to be missing. I think that Cav, Rocky, Grant and Dunbavin should be released at the end of the season no matter what happens, they are not good enough. Let's have a clear out of these Unibond class players.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 09:45   #416
Senior Member+

What's happend the Grant this year because last season he was the big thing to come through the youth system and seemed someone who would do very well for us and go onto bigger and better things but after his injury he just has not set the world on fire like he did last season! Still should keep him though.

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-2009, 09:47   #417
K-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
As far as I know Cav had a bet for a Stanley win on a game which we drew. .

My point is.. I dont think we should be getting the rope out and looking for the hanging tree in cavs case.. i dont feel as bad about his case anymore.. presuming he is innocent of betting against us as i would favour..

Time will tell but thursdays deadline is just when theyc an appeal by...
Old 20-04-2009, 09:57   #418
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
As far as I know Cav had a bet for a Stanley win on a game which we drew. He still broke the rules and the FA will punish him if found guilty. At the end of the day I don't think Cav is good enough for Stanley in the league, whenever the oppostition score he is always found to be missing. I think that Cav, Rocky, Grant and Dunbavin should be released at the end of the season no matter what happens, they are not good enough. Let's have a clear out of these Unibond class players.
If he bet for us to win a match and we drew, what was his bet for the Bury game

Old 20-04-2009, 10:00   #419
God Member

Question Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
My point is.. I dont think we should be getting the rope out and looking for the hanging tree in cavs case.. i dont feel as bad about his case anymore.. presuming he is innocent of betting against us as i would favour..

At the risk of repeating myself, repeating myself K-P, Why do you not feel as bad about Cav's case ??????

Old 20-04-2009, 10:03   #420
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:

that i can agree with, but do ya think that being the case he should remain as club captain? cos i don't -still no example to be leading the team with.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..