Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2009, 15:16   #586
God Member

Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
to say ya can't enjoy todays game cos of it is nuts.

Only saying it as it is for me cashy. Can't pretend to be happy about any part of the situation.

It's a ridiculous state of affairs. Too often people use this statement about the injustices against lower league teams but it's more than apt here; this really wouldn't happen to any molly coddled Premier League team.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-08-2009, 15:42   #587
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

Only saying it as it is for me cashy. Can't pretend to be happy about any part of the situation.

It's a ridiculous state of affairs. Too often people use this statement about the injustices against lower league teams but it's more than apt here; this really wouldn't happen to any molly coddled Premier League team.
the whole thing as been a mess shaker n an insult to the paying public as well as the club, i'm happy its now at last been dealt with. and certainly happy the season is underway n stanley are equipping themselves pretty well so far.
Old 08-08-2009, 15:50   #588
God Member

Of course, but nobody knows how it's been 'dealt with'. Not even the manager knows if he's able to play Cav and the farcical start to the season that the FA have granted us can only be met with contempt.
Having Cav's hearing the day before the season starts was ridiculous. The fact that the club have received no notification of the results of the hearing is completely unfair on everyone; the club, the fans and Cav himself. The idiotic state of affairs is proponed further by the newspaper rumours. It all stinks.
Old 08-08-2009, 16:31   #589
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Of course, but nobody knows how it's been 'dealt with'. Not even the manager knows if he's able to play Cav and the farcical start to the season that the FA have granted us can only be met with contempt.
Having Cav's hearing the day before the season starts was ridiculous. The fact that the club have received no notification of the results of the hearing is completely unfair on everyone; the club, the fans and Cav himself. The idiotic state of affairs is proponed further by the newspaper rumours. It all stinks.
Cav should have been suspended by the club- simple as. To blame anyone for "the farcical start to the season" other than the idiots who made the bets is simply ridiculous.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 17:00   #590
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Cav should have been suspended by the club- simple as.
What has the club's choice not to suspend the players got to do with a price of fish?
Quote:
To blame anyone for "the farcical start to the season" other than the idiots who made the bets is simply ridiculous.
It took the FA long enough to bring the charges to the players, they should have endeavoured to minimise the effect on our innocent club. The organisation is supposed to be about fair play, after all. The FA have handed out a serious disadvantage to Accrington Stanley, when the club has done nothing wrong.
Old 08-08-2009, 17:39   #591
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
What has the club's choice not to suspend the players got to do with a price of fish?

It took the FA long enough to bring the charges to the players, they should have endeavoured to minimise the effect on our innocent club. The organisation is supposed to be about fair play, after all. The FA have handed out a serious disadvantage to Accrington Stanley, when the club has done nothing wrong.
no one will dispute that the F.A. has been lax in dealing with it, but yer completly missing the point to me, it would NOT have been in the F.A.s hands if those who many had faith in had NOT betrayed club n fans by betting on those who paid em to lose. blaming others fer their actions is ludicrous.
Old 08-08-2009, 17:51   #592
God Member

Cashy you obviously think I'm pretty dense. I know that this situation wouldn't be apparent if not for Rocky & Co.'s actions.
However the subsequent effect on the club (which is as important as any part of this saga) has been made even worse by the ridiculous amount of inaction by the FA and it sickens me.
Old 08-08-2009, 17:57   #593

Thumbs down Re: Sky news players charged bury game

I take it Cav n Rocky couldnt get hold of Gerrards legal team?
I think you can take it as read shaker that unfortunately our club capitan is away down the same 'Rocky' road (See what I did there?) I see your point about the FA though - perhaps they dont work at weekends???

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 18:10   #594
God Member

Aye that'll be it! As far as I'm concerned Jimbo, Cav is still our captain and until there's official word from the FA I'm in complete denial of this punishment rumour.

Obtuse as it may seem I can't accept that Cav is guilty. The proclamation of innocence, the way he came back to the club and played well in pre-season... Rocky didn't return to the club did he? That to me speaks volumes about Cav's situation.

As I said earlier in this thread, it's silly to think we know the players after seeing them play football. However I'm adamant that Cav wouldn't have the brass neck to profess innocence, return to the club and try to cheat the FA.
Old 08-08-2009, 18:17   #595

Smile Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Aye that'll be it! As far as I'm concerned Jimbo, Cav is still our captain and until there's official word from the FA I'm in complete denial of this punishment rumour.

Obtuse as it may seem I can't accept that Cav is guilty. The proclamation of innocence, the way he came back to the club and played well in pre-season... Rocky didn't return to the club did he? That to me speaks volumes about Cav's situation.

As I said earlier in this thread, it's silly to think we know the players after seeing them play football. However I'm adamant that Cav wouldn't have the brass neck to profess innocence, return to the club and try to cheat the FA.
Well said. Let me throw this into the mix.
If Cav was found not guilty, surely it would mean severe repercussions for ANY paper to publish a guilty verdict on such a matter? Well surely speculation by the press on any legal verdict is not good? WIDE open for sueing and libel. To print whatever they print once the verdict is made is up to them of course. My point being why would a paper publish a guilty verdict if the outcome wasnt so?? Just so the defendant can go and sue them?? I know the press are scum but I doubt they would be so stupid as to publish a wrong verdict?? Shakes - I hope I am so wrong its untrue and if I am I will apologise in person to you and Cav in December when I am over next for jumping on the 'guilty giuilty pointy finger' bandwagon but.....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 08-08-2009 at 18:20.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 18:37   #596
God Member

I don't know Jimbo. Any guess at where the the papers got their story from or why they decided to run it without an official statement to back it up would only be conjecture. I'm just hoping like you that it's rubbish.
Old 08-08-2009, 19:43   #597
God Member

Smile Re: Sky news players charged bury game

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
just been on 2br, club cannot give statement until official notification from F.A. all they have is media report at the moment, shaker its time to draw a line under this crap, to say ya can't enjoy todays game cos of it is nuts, i can enjoy it better knowing those who made bets have been dealt with.
Put it like it is Cashy If they have been found guilty, then they have been found guilty, like it or not - I am gutted for Cav, but facts are facts - like Cashy, TM and others have said ....... lets move on, the most important thing in all of this Betting, Stevie G, Taxman stuff is STANLEY...

ON STANLEY ON

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 19:51   #598
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cav should have been suspended by the club- simple as.
As a matter of employment law you might be right.

However I support the Club's decision. He must have been in mental turmoil and under great pressure yet he played a major part in the run that led from the Macclesfield win to clinching safety at Cleethorpes.

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 20:35   #599
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis316 View Post
As a matter of employment law you might be right.

However I support the Club's decision. He must have been in mental turmoil and under great pressure yet he played a major part in the run that led from the Macclesfield win to clinching safety at Cleethorpes.
Any man who can guide you to safety in cleethorpes is worth a go in my book
Old 08-08-2009, 21:27   #600
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Cashy you obviously think I'm pretty dense. I know that this situation wouldn't be apparent if not for Rocky & Co.'s actions.
However the subsequent effect on the club (which is as important as any part of this saga) has been made even worse by the ridiculous amount of inaction by the FA and it sickens me.
no shaker i do not regard ya as dense, think yer probably blinded or misguided on this but sure not dense.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..