Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-09-2014, 14:54   #121
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley's next manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
If you're vaguely interested in a club, you might lose interest if things don't go the way you think you should. But if you support a club, you support the club. You don't (you can't!) switch support on and off depending on what happens or as people come and go. Whoever's manager on Saturday, it's still On Stanley On.
Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I've heard it's Steve Evans with Westley as Number 2
I reserve the right to delete my earlier post!!
Old 17-09-2014, 15:02   #122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I will listen, with interest, to the accent of the Professor's first signing for the club.
This is a point which really riles me. Of course we will have a lot of Scouse signings. That's the area JC and JB know and they have contacts within the Liverpool and Everton networks who give the lowdown on talented youngsters. They'd be foolish not to utilise this. Plus the camaraderie factor.

You can argue the toss about honesty and professionalism all you like. Simple act is Beattie with all his contacts in the game and faux professionalism is simply not as good at winning games of football as the Professor.

If this comes to pass I will be so fired up for Northampton away!!

So swift was the rise of Coleman's Reds...it is easy to forget the depths from which he dragged us. How many who criticise where in the crowd in the NPL Division 1? The irony being that most who deride them would never have set foot near the Crown if not for JC and JB's winning sides.

Critcise them all you like but James Beattie is the new Leighton James. He was given a huge budget by Marsden's own admission and looking at how you see it either failed or did the least that was expected of him. Simple.

Love how the play-of team and promotion winning squads took more stick then Beattie does for scraping survival.

Agree with Shakey about styles too. We have oten had swashbuckling sides under Coley...if anything we were often too gung ho!!! Be it Payne, Prendergast, Marsh, Shirley, Ryan, Grant, Craney, Roberts....there has always been one player you'd give the ball to to conjure some magic. Under Beattie we have never had that....oh sorry. Kal Naismith.

There remains some sort of perverse paranoia over the fact that Coley had been at the club longer than 60% of the fan base. The critics could never handle the fact he always improved our position. Before a ball had even been kicked the "taken as far as he can brigade piped up and were always shot down on the field.

What can he do with the of the pitch stability we have now and the bowling green surface. The mind boggles.

Even if you disregard the play-of season....If a step backwards is a step towards continuity, season on season improvement, consistent survival, cup runs and a feel good factor on the terraces then so be it.

To the Crown.
One early morn.
Came a man,
To make the tea.
And they made him manager...
And his name was Jamesss Beattiiiee....

And will Jeffers now return?
Old 17-09-2014, 15:03   #123
Senior Member+

I have heard again today (only rumour) that James Beattie was asked to go before Friday but tried to hang on.

Again, only rumour.
RedArmy1968 likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 15:06   #124
Senior Member+

People need to wake up, Beattie was taking us no where, his tactics, team selection and signings where drab.

Welcome back home to the football genius, Mr. John Coleman.
RedArmy1968 likes this.
Old 17-09-2014, 15:15   #125
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well of 100 applicants or so,probably 30/40% of em will no doubt be rubbish, its insulting i think to the serious uns, if a deal has already been done, it aint the proper way to do things imho.
If the job had been advertised then it would have been an insult to think they put some effort in to be ignored. But was it advertised ?
Old 17-09-2014, 15:18   #126

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
If the job had been advertised then it would have been an insult to think they put some effort in to be ignored. But was it advertised ?
Only in the Sligo Evening News
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 15:19   #127

I agree with some that the football in the Conference winning season was the best I've seen from Stanley. I don't like John Coleman's attitude to officials and in many ways re appointing him would be a backwards step. Personally I would go with Paul Stephenson or look at people like Flitcroft and Jansen. I certainly don't want to see a perennial lower league traveller. But whoever is appointed I'll still support the team.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 15:24   #128

Fola Onibuje to return as player manager. Done deal.
shakermaker likes this.
Old 17-09-2014, 15:25   #129
Junior Member+

I was told by someone on Sunday 7th September, that James Beattie would be gone before the end of the week and John and Jimmy had already held meetings with Peter Marsden to be his replacement.

Once he was gone, it was a one horse race, there was nobody else in the running to become the next manager.
Alvin the chipmunk likes this.
RedArmy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 15:29   #130
Senior Member+

And nor should there be.

However, if Stevenson was not told of developments, then there is a clear communication problem not to mention a lack of decency.
smobile likes this.
Old 17-09-2014, 16:24   #131
Senior Member+

OH DEAR...............I've just had another phone call asking if I knew anything about Brett Ormerod being asked if he would like to be assistant to Paul Stevenson....that would be an interesting scenario...I wonder if W H Smiths would accept all the Scouse Phrase Books back and issue a refund?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 16:38   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
OH DEAR...............I've just had another phone call asking if I knew anything about Brett Ormerod being asked if he would like to be assistant to Paul Stevenson....that would be an interesting scenario...I wonder if W H Smiths would accept all the Scouse Phrase Books back and issue a refund?
To be confirmed thursday john coleman/ manager, jimmy bell assistant manager,
paul stevenson coach
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 16:38   #133
Senior Member+

Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - BBC Sport

It would seem David Dunn is missing from tonight's game for other reasons, anyone spotted him near Accy?
Old 17-09-2014, 16:39   #134
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley nick View Post
To be confirmed thursday john coleman/ manager, jimmy bell assistant manager,
paul stevenson coach
Excellent news.

Does Stephenson know Coley from the past?
Old 17-09-2014, 16:42   #135
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Blackburn Rovers v Derby County - BBC Sport

It would seem David Dunn is missing from tonight's game for other reasons, anyone spotted him near Accy?
Strange...never picked his son up from school today as he usually does.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..