Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-09-2014, 22:01   #91
God Member

Re: Stanley's next manager?

well said Shakey

lots of claims around that it's a done deal - however ...is there something to be read into this quote from Stephenson after tonights match?

"It is disappointing as I have lost James Gray for selection for three games ..."
Old 16-09-2014, 22:05   #92
Senior Member+

If you're vaguely interested in a club, you might lose interest if things don't go the way you think you should. But if you support a club, you support the club. You don't (you can't!) switch support on and off depending on what happens or as people come and go. Whoever's manager on Saturday, it's still On Stanley On.
Old 16-09-2014, 22:36   #93
Super Moderator

Gordon Bennett, Chimer, course it's still On Stanley On. I don't think the return of Coleman's a good idea, but it won't stop me supporting 'em. The sudden drop from Football League to Lancs Comb Div 2 in 1962 didn't stop thee or me...a little local difficulty like this certainly won't stop me!
AccyMad and Outback Ozzy like this.
Old 17-09-2014, 00:39   #94
Senior Member+

We did not play aimless hoofball under coleman,
we did play it direct to mullin in the 1st 2 years back in the league, but it was all about survival.
It kept us in the league so it was a neccessary evil.

If some of you so called accrington fans, are now dreaming up that we must only play tiki taka football and never pass it more than 6 yards, then you clearly dont understand how league 2 works.

I have never seen us play more aimless long ball than under your beloved Beattie!
Have you all got short memories of how we played last season?

From the 3rd year in the league, we played some really good stuff under Coleman.
He produced numerous good footballers and always encouraged good passing interchange.

So once again, we have dispelled the myths that he is the only manager in the world who has passion and has a go at officials, he plays hoofball when actually he plays decent football, and that he is a backwards step when infact he will take us forward.

Isnt it amazing what you can do with facts.

Coleman is the right man for the job.
baldy and maccawozzagod like this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 06:17   #95

We'll just heard Radio Lancs trailing the announcement of John And Jimmy's return..... But not yet official.... So the next dozen games will answer all our questions about the style of football........on Stanley on.....:-)
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 07:27   #96
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Wish the club would keep us in the picture
I'm not sure which "picture" you mean. The club cannot comment on speculation.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 08:04   #97

Stanley's next manager?

Also the 'Club' in this instance means the Chairman and he will be negotiating with relevant parties before going public.
morton5275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 08:06   #98

Stanley's next manager?

But this tweet from Jimmy Bell gives a clue:
@jimmybell64: Nanana na - nanana na ahh ahh ah Sligo rovers 🎶🎶been a fantastic experience, with lovely Sligo people 😎magnificent place 👍superb footy club
morton5275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 08:34   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
More than happy for people to disagree with the Coleman appointment for whatever personal reason but I've had enough of this nonsense about his Stanley teams playing hoofball. We played the best on the deck game in the league in our play off season, scoring bucket loads the year previous with Grant and Symes. Both on a pitch that was more in line with the imagery of a Seamus Heaney poem than a Football League surface.
Grant were a liability so we shipped him off to our friends at the seaside and Symes wasn't fit for the football required to play at League 2 level or level above that. The only actual decent player's to mature from the Coleman era were Donnelly and of course Cavanagh.

Surprised Peter Cavanagh is favorite for the Accrington Stanley Job bet he know's your fans and Club better than Coleman or Bell ever would, But good luck to whoever you appoint hope you stay in the Football League that's all what matters.
tazzydjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 08:53   #100
Senior Member+

Bobby Grant was never a liability, why do you think he was a liability?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 09:04   #101
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Bobby Grant was never a liability, why do you think he was a liability?
Can remember talking to some Scunny fans in oaklea a couple of years back Davo, they thought same as tazzy,they loved Jimmy Ryan but thought Bobby was a NO-NO. Perhaps that says stanley fans are happy wi a lower standard?
Old 17-09-2014, 09:18   #102
God Member

Just been down Accy, W H Smith have run out of Scouse phrase books.
smudgie and Chubbyman like this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 09:21   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
Just been down Accy, W H Smith have run out of Scouse phrase books.

and toilet paper to wipe all the bullsh*t up
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 09:48   #104
Senior Member+

Whoever the board choose as our new manager, he will be the best that the club can afford and I feel sure that once the choice is made the fans will give him their full support
DAV007 likes this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2014, 09:59   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
Whoever the board choose as our new manager, he will be the best that the club can afford and I feel sure that once the choice is made the fans will give him their full support
I've heard it's Steve Evans with Westley as Number 2
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..