Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2019, 19:36   #121
Senior Member+

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

One other point;
Hughes will get a ban!
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2019, 19:39   #122
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well thats speaks volumes for people that crack on they know it all, but know nowt. i know very little dont pretend i do, but i also looked and could NOT find a rule that covered this abomination, also i cannot understand why our club did not seem to have checked this out, they had enough time to do so.
Fully agree Cashy....That is why I started my response with your quote.
Old 11-11-2019, 19:50   #123
Full Member+

Choirboy, 4 announcements were made over the tannoy system from 16.10 (5 mins after 2nd half due to start) until 16:55 when it was announced fame would resume at 17:10

Last edited by StanleyJosh; 11-11-2019 at 19:57.
Old 11-11-2019, 19:54   #124
Full Member+

Quote:
well thats speaks volumes for people that crack on they know it all, but know nowt. i know very little dont pretend i do, but i also looked and could NOT find a rule that covered this abomination, also i cannot understand why our club did not seem to have checked this out, they had enough time to do so.
Cashy, the handbook isn’t publicised. It’s sent to competing clubs before the season starts.
The FA who run the competition were contacted and the decision was made.
I agree it was the wrong decision, but if we won... I wouldn’t care less.
We lost, and even with 2 lino’s we still would have lost
Old 11-11-2019, 20:07   #125
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Choirboy, 4 announcements were made over the tannoy system from 16.10 (5 mins after 2nd half due to start) until 16:55 when it was announced fame would resume at 17:10
I accept about the times being announced StanleyJosh but I still feel that I was not kept well enough informed regarding the replacement refereeing situation.
Old 11-11-2019, 20:14   #126
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

the point is not we would still have lost, we were utter garbage on sat, that to me was due to the way stanley were set up to play.
KiTChener and choirboy like this.

Last edited by cashman; 11-11-2019 at 20:16.
Old 11-11-2019, 20:15   #127
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
I accept about the times being announced StanleyJosh but I still feel that I was not kept well enough informed regarding the replacement refereeing situation.
Every 10 minutes surely enough? No other news was broadcast because we didn’t know what was happening. It was down to the officials and managers, not a PA.
Soon as PA knew, everyone knew.
Old 11-11-2019, 20:16   #128
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cashy, the handbook isn’t publicised. It’s sent to competing clubs before the season starts.
The FA who run the competition were contacted and the decision was made.
I agree it was the wrong decision, but if we won... I wouldn’t care less.
We lost, and even with 2 lino’s we still would have lost
StanleyJosh. You appear to have just agreed above in your own words that the Football Association had no adequate rules to cover this situation, hence the phone call. Also you have agreed that the Football Association made the wrong decision!
I find your comment..."but if we won... I wouldn’t care less" very disappointing. IMHO had we won this would have been no less of a RIDICULOUS thing to have happened.

I have sent a transcript of my earlier post to The football Association but I doubt if I will get any response!
Old 11-11-2019, 20:17   #129
God Member

And look what we would have won (apart from £36,000 of course) - an away tie at Stourbridge or Eastleigh, not very enticing
Old 11-11-2019, 20:19   #130
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

a good draw makes no difference at all to the stupid way the problem was resolved.
Greeny, choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 11-11-2019, 20:22   #131
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
StanleyJosh. You appear to have just agreed above in your own words that the Football Association had no adequate rules to cover this situation, hence the phone call. Also you have agreed that the Football Association made the wrong decision!
I find your comment..."but if we won... I wouldn’t care less" very disappointing. IMHO had we won this would have been no less of a RIDICULOUS thing to have happened.

I have sent a transcript of my earlier post to The football Association but I doubt if I will get any response!
Would it have been less ridiculous. No.
Would I have been as bothered. No.
Winning is the most important end goal.

In my opinion, a decision was made by the relevant people, I don’t agree with it but have to accept it. Having 1 linesman or 2 - we were still awful and would not have won regardless.
Old 11-11-2019, 20:27   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

so somethings that so blatantly wrong you accept? well sorry i was brought up better than that.
choirboy likes this.
Old 11-11-2019, 20:27   #133
Full Member+

Just a thought....

Possibility that game was agreed to continue to save managers having to agree on a replacement if couldn’t find a suitable one.
If we were 1-0 playing like Crewe were, you’d bet your house Coley would want to continue playing by any means
Old 11-11-2019, 20:28   #134
Full Member+

Quote:
so somethings that so blatantly wrong you accept? well sorry i was brought up better than that.
What can you do about it now.
What other options were there?
Should the game have been called off?
Old 11-11-2019, 20:29   #135
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Just a thought....

Possibility that game was agreed to continue to save managers having to agree on a replacement if couldn’t find a suitable one.
If we were 1-0 playing like Crewe were, you’d bet your house Coley would want to continue playing by any means
thats all that is a possibility. if we had been winning it still should not have continued in that manner. it just demonstrates to me me how USELESS the F.A. are.also anyone at our club who agreed to continue in that manner. by the way i heard nothing at all about us being sanctioned.
choirboy likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 11-11-2019 at 20:33.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..