Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2019, 12:03   #151
Super Moderator

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

So, if I don't "accept" it? If I carry on whinging about it ad infinitum? Will that change anything? Will Stanley get a replay or compensation? Don't think so. It was a strange, perhaps unprecedented situation and both clubs and officials were reacting to unforseen events, as they happened. In retrospect, perhaps they could have handled things differently. But it's happened now, it's history. I'm done with talking about it, but you carry on protesting. Good luck with that.
StanleyJosh likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:20   #152
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
No one is taking the pish out of Stanley.
The most ironic thing is, apart from psychologically - is that there was no arguing over whose throw in it was . . . and no arguing over Crewe being offside.

Maybe we don't need assistant ref's after all.....
well Colin Hendry seemed to think so in his interview with dan and i will certainly take more notice of him than you josh thats for sure,
choirboy likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:22   #153
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
So, if I don't "accept" it? If I carry on whinging about it ad infinitum? Will that change anything? Will Stanley get a replay or compensation? Don't think so. It was a strange, perhaps unprecedented situation and both clubs and officials were reacting to unforseen events, as they happened. In retrospect, perhaps they could have handled things differently. But it's happened now, it's history. I'm done with talking about it, but you carry on protesting. Good luck with that.
i dont for 1 min expect it to change anything, what a good club would do is tell the fans exactly what occured at half time, but no they do not give a crap about the fans thats obvious.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:25   #154
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well Colin Hendry seemed to think so in his interview with dan and i will certainly take more notice of him than you josh thats for sure,
So if we had gone on to win, would they be taking the 'pish' out of Crewe??
So many if's and but's.....
Old 12-11-2019, 12:27   #155
Full Member+

Quote:
i dont for 1 min expect it to change anything, what a good club would do is tell the fans exactly what occured at half time, but no they do not give a crap about the fans thats obvious.
You Sir have clearly been living under a rock for the last 4 years.
Don't give a crap about the fans?
You have lost your mind.

I think, apart from you, everyone is aware of what happened at half time.

Ref was injured, people offered to be lino, rejected as matter of fairness, no one knew what to do as unusual circumstance, rang FA and head of ref's, decision was made, coin flipped, 2nd half was played....
Old 12-11-2019, 12:37   #156
Super Moderator

Quote:
So, Stanley aren't a "good" club who "don't give a crap about the fans"?? After all that Andy has done and all the changes that have taken place over the last few years? You're talking complete and utter drivel now. 😠
KiTChener and StanleyJosh like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 13:04   #157
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So, Stanley aren't a "good" club who "don't give a crap about the fans"?? After all that Andy has done and all the changes that have taken place over the last few years? You're talking complete and utter drivel now. 😠
Andy Holt cares always has, its whats actually running us a club level that dont, if thats drivel i will show my arse to the town hall clock, but you dream on if thats what yeh think.
Old 12-11-2019, 13:45   #158
Super Moderator

Quote:
Andy Holt cares always has, its whats actually running us a club level that dont, if thats drivel i will show my arse to the town hall clock, but you dream on if thats what yeh think.
So Andy cares about the club, but he's appointed people to run the club who don't? Hmm...yeah, that makes sense. Stanley are one of the best-run clubs at all levels in the lower leagues. I understand that you're throwing your toys out of your pram, because you're disappointed after Saturday, but if you seriously think Stanley aren't a "good" club who "don't give a crap about their fans", you're on a completely different planet from me...and, I suspect, most fans.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 13:55   #159
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So Andy cares about the club, but he's appointed people to run the club who don't? Hmm...yeah, that makes sense. Stanley are one of the best-run clubs at all levels in the lower leagues. I understand that you're throwing your toys out of your pram, because you're disappointed after Saturday, but if you seriously think Stanley aren't a "good" club who "don't give a crap about their fans", you're on a completely different planet from me...and, I suspect, most fans.
utter rubbish he has left in charge those that have taken the club to a place beyond all peoples expectations ok he has appointed some and the club is in a much better situation than its ever been, but thats nowt to do with what i am saying and you know damn well. and by the way who he left is understandable if you dont know the real story.
Old 12-11-2019, 14:11   #160
Full Member+

Quote:
utter rubbish he has left in charge those that have taken the club to a place beyond all peoples expectations ok he has appointed some and the club is in a much better situation than its ever been, but thats nowt to do with what i am saying and you know damn well. and by the way who he left is understandable if you dont know the real story.
So what exactly are you saying and what exactly is your problem with the way the club is run?
Who he left is understandable? Care to elaborate because again that makes no sense.

In my opinion and disagree all you want, you are someone who turns up to games, watches and goes home. So how exactly would you like to be treated?
Old 12-11-2019, 14:14   #161
Super Moderator

[QUOTE=cashman;123 he has left in charge those that have taken the club to a place beyond all peoples expectations ok he has appointed some and the club is in a much better situation than its ever been,[/QUOTE]

It says it all really, yet this is club that "don't give a crap about their fans"? Anyway, carry on grumbling, if that's what makes you happy.
Old 12-11-2019, 14:17   #162
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
So what exactly are you saying and what exactly is your problem with the way the club is run?
Who he left is understandable? Care to elaborate because again that makes no sense.

In my opinion and disagree all you want, you are someone who turns up to games, watches and goes home. So how exactly would you like to be treated?
i have no intertion at all of elaborating on here for obvious reasons yo those with sense, wynonie knows what i,m on about and thats who i was saying too.
Old 12-11-2019, 14:19   #163
Full Member+

Quote:
i have no intertion at all of elaborating on here for obvious reasons yo those with sense, wynonie knows what i,m on about and thats who i was saying too.
Care to answer my other two questions or again is that too 'secretive' for the Main Stand grumblers?
Old 12-11-2019, 14:33   #164
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't actually, but admittedly my memory's not what it was, so you'll have to tell me when I see you.
Old 12-11-2019, 14:41   #165
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I don't actually, but admittedly my memory's not what it was, so you'll have to tell me when I see you.
i will if yeh remind me. lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..