Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2010, 10:31   #61

Re: Ticket News -V- Fulham!!

it still doesnt take it away from the fact the club is trying to exploit the supporters so why not offer an incentive to come back and for all those paying to come they get the option of at least winning a season ticket or 2 maybe for next year ... make it interesting for people to come back to football "give a little you get a hell of alot back" a saying i will always rememnber in business and it Bloody works
Tickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-01-2010, 10:37   #62
Senior Member+

Okay people so the price is a little steep compared to what we normally pay, however, lets put this into perspective here.

The ticket prices in the FA Cup are usually set by BOTH teams agreeing on a pricing structure per game. As earlier stated 42.5% of the takings (after expenses) go to each team, with the rest going to the FA.

Our prices are the lowest offered in league football at £13-£15 adults, £10-£8 concessions, £6-£5 students and £1-Free for Under 12's.

Fulhams league prices against Aston Villa (team searching for European Football like Fulham) next saturday are
£35-£45 for adults, £25-£33 for concessions and £15-£20 for Juniors dependant on where you sit.

So in essence Fulham play 3 times as much for their football than we do.

The fairest way of pricing this game would be to split the difference between the two sets of prices which would have meant us paying approximately £30 per adult ticket and between £12.50 and £20 dependant on your concession.

I think on this basis that credit is due to those who set about sorting the pricing structure for the game (both Stanley and Fulham) for getting it down to £20 and £10!!!

Yes I know its a bit steep from our point of view, but its nowhere near as costly as it could have been, and as someone mentioned earlier in the thread, if we were Rochdale fans we'd be paying this every week!!! And before someone says 'yes but we're not Rochdale', too right we're not Rochdale, for one they are not in the 4th round of the FA cup!!!

The other good thing about that price is it gives a better chance of the Fulham fans fulfilling their quota. Their ticket price is the same as ours and for season ticket holders their coach travel is £20 adults and £10 Juniors also, meaning that for many of them its cheaper than going to the Villa game next week and they have the added opportunity of experiencing REAL FOOTBALL again and partaking in a bit of nostalgia to boot!!!!

I know that its likely to price a few non regulars and maybe even a few regulars from our side out, but this is the first time we've seen the FA Cup 4th round in over 51 years!!! And lets face it, it may be some time before we're here again!! Its a glorious one off game against an opposition we are unlikely to meet again for some time. Don't get me wrong I'm as skint as the next person who has no money to spend on frivolous purchases, but this is one frivolous purchase I am not prepared to miss.

Given our recent skirmish with HMRC, I for one am more than happy with the price of the tickets for saturday.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 10:46   #63

lets also put it in perspective you are visiting one of the smallest grounds in the football league with standards that are not that of Aston-villa or Fulham so get that in perspective and realise you are not going to an all seater ground you are standing up some incovered etc get you rose tinnted glasses off and see it from the people from Accrington not the cities around the country these are working (hopefully) people who have little or enough money to spend and to be asked for a hike in money to go to watch, yes thier local team and fulham compete in a staduium like the crown is rediculous and blinmkered on all concerned behalf i am all for increasing the crowds at stanley and hope they do well but please look at this realistically and take nothjing away from the football side they are doing well the club management need to get their heads out of the dark arses and see that the catchement area for accrington is not like those of aston villa dna fulham be realistic for god sake
Old 20-01-2010, 10:51   #64
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
The prices charged have to be agreed between both parties (Stanley and Fulham) and if Fulham want the prices to be £20 and £10 then so be it. So don't just blame Stanley, it is not just Stanley's decision. They cannot just do what they want. The gate money is split so I would imagine that Stanley and Fulham both want to get as much as they can from the gate.

It would be interesting to know what happens when the clubs don't agree on the price ?
Old 20-01-2010, 10:58   #65
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
It would be interesting to know what happens when the clubs don't agree on the price ?
The clubs HAVE to agree on the price
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 10:58   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenhead White View Post
...and quite frankly Blackburn/Burnley away in the league is a pretty dull proposition. Accrington Stanley away in the cup however is MUCH more appealing...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 10:59   #67
Senior Member+

I know we are not aston Villa, all I'm saying is that Fulham could have pushed for a much higher price given their standard ticketing prices for craven cottage (who knows, they may have). I remember a a similar thread to this on the old message board when we put the prices up to play Huddersfield in the 3rd round a few years back, and I actually agree that we would get more on if we could charge our normal rate, but I would imagine that it was just not possible for that to be an option.
sparkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:03   #68

ok then i am hearing you it still doesnt stop the stanley socalled marketing / management team then offering incentives to get home fans back for future games such as if you come to the fulham game get the next game half price or something of that ilk they dont appear to have any marketing experience and always complain that the team dont get support ...then come on stanley offer incentives instead of putting prices up albeit if it is out of your hands you could get on the back of it and use any marketing oportunity for the good of the club and fill the ground next week also think of the on top sales shop etc
Old 20-01-2010, 11:08   #69

Tickler, you are obviously upset about the pricing decision, and you are continuing to use quite strong language against the "management" who have got their heads stuck up their "dark arses".

Firstly, I am very sorry that you feel so strongly about the pricing. However, I can tell you with absolute certainty that the decision was NOT taken in order to gain advantage. The very fact that you are throwing around these accusations is very sad. Secondly, you have got many of your facts very wrong.

I have thought hard about posting on this subject, but given your continued use of abrasive language against the club, i thought I should step in. The decision to price this game was not taken lightly. At the end of the day, we took the decision, cautiously, based on the very significant increased costs of hosting what we believe (and hope) will be a large crowd with the visit of a team that is currently 9th in the Premier League. Those costs include all the obvious things such as security and safety. I would also say that "taking advantage" of the town is something that does not even occur in our thought process. Yes, you are right, our surrounding area is not comparable to the towns you mentioned. However, we are a community club, and we hope that most people will realise the unique nature of the circumstances, and afford us a little slack. The club has been through an incredibly hard time this past few months, and i would finish by appealing to you all to be positive about the weekend. Its a great occasion, and one that will be remembered for a long time. Come with a smile, and a skip in your step. And if, like you Tickler, you feel aggrieved, then please dont let that affect the occasion for the players and fans who are coming along.

Lastly, if you really feel strongly about this matter, then come talk to me. I am always always accessible. if not at the ground, then PM me and i will give you a buzz. Its just not right that you are throwing around accusations that on this occasion are not justified.

Other than that, good luck to all. And see you all on Saturday !!
expatriate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:10   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
I know that its likely to price a few non regulars and maybe even a few regulars from our side out,
If they only miss the Fulham game then your right, but at the risk of alienating people.

If Fulham have made strong representation that the prices should be higher then is it right for them to dictate, their fans are getting it on the cheap, although not as cheap as their 3rd round match at home

I wonder if the prices go up in Harrods at Christmas because of seasonal demand ?
Old 20-01-2010, 11:20   #71
Senior Member+

Sound explanations from Sparkie and Ilyas. Thanks both.

Just a thought but didn't we set a precedent for this when we beat Gateshead who were then in a league above us? And wasn't it a sell-out?

And wasn't Becky's hat-trick worth every penny of it?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:27   #72
Junior Member+

From a Fulham perspective (at least I speak for the majority of long term supporters)

1) We're delighted to be paying just £20 a ticket
2) We're delighted to have the opportunity to stand on a proper football terrace in a traditional old ground that promises to make up with lack of 'facilities' with genuine character.

Given the chance of paying double that price to sit in a soulless, characterless new-build premiership stadium (perm any from about half the league) - I think that I can safely say that most will forgo the dubious 'comforts' provided in those instances & have a 'proper football day out'.

Hence why we'll EASILY sell our allocation for the Cup game & maybe only take a couple of hundred to a midweek dour & dull EPL away match. Don't forget we're one of the few Premiership clubs who still possess a p[roper ground - even if all seater has been forced upon us ... so we (or at least the long term, hardcore support) appreciate 'old skool' grounds more so than the usual Premiership prawn sandwich mob.
Maidenhead White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:40   #73
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenhead White View Post
From a Fulham perspective (at least I speak for the majority of long term supporters)

1) We're delighted to be paying just £20 a ticket
2) We're delighted to have the opportunity to stand on a proper football terrace in a traditional old ground that promises to make up with lack of 'facilities' with genuine character.

Given the chance of paying double that price to sit in a soulless, characterless new-build premiership stadium (perm any from about half the league) - I think that I can safely say that most will forgo the dubious 'comforts' provided in those instances & have a 'proper football day out'.

Hence why we'll EASILY sell our allocation for the Cup game & maybe only take a couple of hundred to a midweek dour & dull EPL away match. Don't forget we're one of the few Premiership clubs who still possess a p[roper ground - even if all seater has been forced upon us ... so we (or at least the long term, hardcore support) appreciate 'old skool' grounds more so than the usual Premiership prawn sandwich mob.
Well said, mate, puts it all into perspective! I'm sure your lot will have a great day out (although we're still hoping that we can pull off a shock result!).
Old 20-01-2010, 11:42   #74
God Member

£20 or not, it looks like I might be having trouble even getting a ticket with the latest decree that it's cash only and season ticket holders have to pick up tickets before Thursday. How's someone supposed to do that if he's at work and lives five hours away from Accie?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2010, 11:45   #75
God Member

short & sweet
at £20
not many neutrals will turn up
a few of the faitful stanley fans will stay away just simply because of the price given the number of games coming up

it is history in the making
Fulham will hopefully sell out their allocation

I will pay the price but I have every sympathy for those that won't, maybe quite a few missed chances here to regain the lost generations and encourage them back?

Short space of time to plan is probably the most crucial point to make for the Club but is it:

glass half empty or glass half full?

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..