Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2014, 10:23   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Yeovil replay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Disagree F19, to me Coleman is persisting with the lad cos he will not hold his hand up n say i was wrong, simple as, No-one will convince me he dont know a striker when he sees one.cos he wasn't a bad un himself Its Pig headed persistence in my view. I wasn't at pompey on sat, but seems the lad had his best showing when moved back to midfield, according to people that were there. By playing him as a striker in the 2 yeovil matches in both games its cost us the Man U tie.
Cant agree Cashy.
Your right in that he is a number ten who we are trying to turn into a number nine.(didn't we do the same with Granty?,which worked because we played two up top).
The amount of goals we've scored since going one up top suggests it suits our personnel
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2014, 10:31   #107
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Im sick to death of your constant drivel, and your disagreements with my posts, that you have done ever since you entered this forum ..... A number of years after myself if im correct!

Gornell was probably the best striker we ever had, he was the perfect front man for a lone striker role. Hence the playoffs with him in the side!

Why dont we bring back Bertrand Bossu in goal??! Might aswell at this rate.

No doubt Coley has done a wonderful job in the past, and yes he has transformed us this season, but make no mistake about it, his decisions alone cost us the Man U game last night.
Another positive post again.
Whats the definition of drivel?,you not agreeing with something and Gornell the best striker we have had sums you up,
By the way ive know Terry since he was 13 !!
Old 17-12-2014, 10:34   #108
Senior Member+

To be fair (as I am ), I thought Crooks was actually getting into the game much better (OK, not difficult) in that period when we were pressing hard, before his miss and their first goal. And he was no worse than Carver in the first half.

Anyone who's ever played team sport at any level should feel more sympathy than rage over the miss, knowing how he must be feeling this morning after not sleeping and replaying it in his mind all last night. Unless you've never messed up yourself, you superstar you
AccyMad likes this.
Old 17-12-2014, 10:36   #109
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
RR, I understand what your saying,but the reality is hes a young lad just starting,and hes on his own up top,against two first division defenders (four of his games).
Why is is not on loan at a club higher up the pyrimid??.
The truth is we can only afford rough diamonds,some polish up,some don't.
Who would you play in his place?,not many options.
Cmon fer gods sake, the lad didn't polish up at Hartlepool, they never renewed his loan, N i believe he was playing in his proper position up yon. Agree Chimer i said Carver was ineffective, but i think he picked up an injury early doors? if so that wouldn't help.
smudgie likes this.
Old 17-12-2014, 10:41   #110
Senior Member+

Come back when you have been asked to write for Four-Four-Two, Sky Sports and Sports Interactive!

Thought not..... Goodbye.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 10:44   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Come back when you have been asked to write for Four-Four-Two, Sky Sports and Sports Interactive!

good journalistic talents,who did you play for/coach ???
Old 17-12-2014, 10:48   #112
Senior Member+

Quote:
Cmon fer gods sake, the lad didn't polish up at Hartlepool, they never renewed his loan, N i believe he was playing in his proper position up yon. Agree Chimer i said Carver was ineffective, but i think he picked up an injury early doors? if so that wouldn't help.
Hold your nerve Cashy !!,Give him a chance,were playing well
Old 17-12-2014, 10:51   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:

No false modesty there then ....... it's funny, I thought they asked if anyone would write for them and you volunteered? Iirc, you wrote some good stuff at first and then started ranting on on a regular basis?
Old 17-12-2014, 10:55   #114

Just watched the highlights - Awful miss by Crooks but every player misses one ot two of them in their career.

what I can't get over is the foul on the keeper for their first goal - he steamed in from 25 - 30 yards away to barge into him when he was in the air. Liner was an abolute clown in front of us all game and only started giving us decisions when we went behind. Don't think any of the officials fancied another half hour of getting wet.

I think if Rose had tried to catch it, he'd have got the foul.
AccyMad likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 10:56   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
No false modesty there then ....... it's funny, I thought they asked if anyone would write for them and you volunteered? Iirc, you wrote some good stuff at first and then started ranting on on a regular basis?
Now now Chimer,don't belittle his achievements !!
Old 17-12-2014, 10:58   #116
Senior Member+

Quote:
None. But ive been watching this club ALOT longer than you, remember that.
Old 17-12-2014, 10:59   #117
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post

FanZone - Football fans blog with views on the latest news | TEAMtalk

Does that sound like a rant to you??
Old 17-12-2014, 11:00   #118
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Now yer getting as daft n arrogant as Coleman.
smudgie likes this.
Old 17-12-2014, 11:02   #119
Senior Member+

Not that one, no.
Old 17-12-2014, 11:04   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
Now yer getting as daft n arrogant as Coleman.

I do wish there was block feature on here same as Facebook cashy, that's for sure !

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..