Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2014, 21:52   #76
Full Member+

Re: Yeovil replay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by missastrike View Post
Harsh by you lots ..
What harsh on Crooks,or the whole team and manager?
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-12-2014, 22:00   #77
Junior Member+

Agree too
missastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 22:00   #78

Just read JC's interview - joke
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 22:01   #79
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Harsh by you lots ..
Come off it Missa. We are not blaming Crooks for failing to put away so many golden chances to score since he arrived - well not completely, even though you would have bet on our no.5 to have scored some of them. It's the manager's stubbornness for continuing to select him when it's blindingly obvious he's not the answer to our cf. problem which gets us agitated.
AccyMad, smudgie and FrankMoody like this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 22:07   #80
Junior Member+

get your boots lads. Get training and show off your skills. ... you may be our answer for Stanley CF position ...
missastrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 22:10   #81
Senior Member+

Quote:
get your boots lads. Get training and show off your skills. ... you may be our answer for Stanley CF position ...

Our problem is that we have Gray & Bowerman who haven't had a sniff under Coleman...... And carver who gets 45 minutes if he is lucky...... How on earth is that testing our options up front?!!?!??
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 22:12   #82
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Couldn't do much worse than the current incumbent!
smudgie likes this.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 22:20   #83

Gray struggles to stay on his feet on a dry pitch, dont think he would of been answer tonight.
Just sayin
Old 16-12-2014, 22:32   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Casper View Post
Gray struggles to stay on his feet on a dry pitch, dont think he would of been answer tonight.
Just sayin
Gray still our top scorer and ain't had a sniff under Coleman shows what the other forwards have been like.

Naismith on his day our most creative also doesn't get a chance even when were struggling for a goal.
FrankMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 23:01   #85

Just back from the game. Lads really put a shift in tonight and with 15 minute left there only looked like being one winner. Moly changed the game when he came on and had em running back to their own goal and how crooks missed I'll never know.

Their first was one you could see coming as soon as the cross came in. I just knew he was going to punch it. Fair old finish though to be fair.

Back up for Wycombe game at the weekend and back to chasing the play offs.

Good game, no complaints, just not our night.

Stanley fans were amazing tonight.
AccyMad, Redraine and chevyfire like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 23:31   #86
Senior Member+

Also just back. We dominated the second half. It is difficult to find words to describe Crooks' performance. Abysmal doesn't even begin. I can recall him winning only one header - and that ballooned straight into the air. He cannot control the ball. Please don't try to excuse him by saying he is playing out of position. There are certain requirements for a footballer in any position - he has none of these.

Right, that's off my chest. Next one. Our keeper. I thought he was at fault for both Pompey's goals on Saturday - and his weak punch out tonight was almost identical to the one which gifted Pompey a goal. And for goodness sake don't blame Tom Aldred for that near own goal. It was a straightforward head back to the keeper. What on earth was the keeper thinking about rushing out like that? He was already outside his area - was he planning to handle the ball? To foul the Yeovil player? Had he stayed where he should have been, there was no problem. Again he did the same thing at Pompey.

OK, that's most of the negatives out of the way. I too thought it was the wrong team selection and wrong substitutions.

There were lots of positives. Despite what missastrike may think, I thought the back four played well. The second Yeovil goal was irrelevant - we had lost our shape by then in an effort to try to get the equaliser. Proccy and Luke Joyce controlled midfield especially in the 2nd half. Marcus Carver was unlikely to get any support from the dough ball supposed to be feeding him. Shay was always a threat when running at the defence, as was Piero before he was subbed.

And I certainly agree about the fans. Great support tonight.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2014, 23:57   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Absolute joke. Lets be honest Yeovil are a very poor team, there for the taking and we will never have a better chance of reaching a massive 3rd round draw than this.

Poor performance. Wrong team selection, wrong substitutions went a long way to us losing this game.

John Coleman do the right thing and admit you messed up.

Crooks not good enough, Windass not good enough, carver deservedly dragged at half time, moly different player since he came back.

John Coleman tactical genius!!! My 4rse

Lets see what a genius he is when all his loan rangers go back.

So p1ssed off I can't believe it.
That's out and out ridiculous. Yeovil were miles better than Pompey, their forwards quicker and trickier but we did a good job to hold them in the first half and bossed the second up to the last 10 minutes. We had a hard game on Saturday while they had a stroll in the (boundary) park. Ultimately disappointing, sure, but if you can't take some pride in that performance, I don't know why you bother.
MikeA, AccyMad, Redraine and 1 others like this.
Old 17-12-2014, 01:28   #88
Full Member+

Do any of you think that if John O'Sullivan had been playing last night he might have swung it in our favour? Blackburn could have let him forfeit his right to play for them in the cup this year,giving him the chance to play against the mancs and gain experience but they chose not to, saving him just in case they might need to recall him to be used as a last 5 minutes substitute in further rounds. If only Huddersfield thought the same of their loan players!

Last edited by winstanley asfc; 17-12-2014 at 01:33.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 03:01   #89
God Member

Dam.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 07:07   #90
Senior Member+

Now that the disappointment has worn off,let's have a reality check !!,
We've come within ten minutes of getting a result,away from home,against a team who won 4-0 away from home last Saturday and were in the championship last season.
Was never going to be easy,and it sounds like we give it a real go in testing conditions.
Recent results suggest we've been doing well and creating chances,I would be more worried if we hadn't !!.
Coley likes to play with one up top,,who has a presence,and runners off him,upto last night,we had scored 10 in 5 games and creating numerous others.
Crooke certainly has a presence and I really feel for him as the ball just won't go in the net.
Liverpool are paying 50k a week to a player with the same problem !!.
As long as we are creating chances and getting results,I am not really bothered who scores.
We will find out on Saturday,how far we have come since coley came back,despite the recent long journeys,I suspect he will have them fired up !! KTF
AccyMad and chevyfire like this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..