Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree75Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-12-2014, 15:27   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Yeovil replay thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Just listened to Coley's video interview.Talk about hiding your head in the sand and whitewashing over his shortcomings as a manager.It make me laugh it was every bodies fault but his own.Blaming the ref,the woodwork and he can't understand how Proccy's missed,strange that he doesn't say a word on how the hell his protege managed to miss yet again......If Coley had done the right thing and played Crookes in his correct position or not at all we wouldn't have needed a replay....still I enjoyed the 12 hour round trip.
Chubbyman,was wondering were you've been !!!.
Why are we still debating the forwards,if we had kept a clean sheet,we wouldn't have needed a replay,indeed we have the second worst defence,yet it gets overlooked.
The keeper and defenders are not bomb proof (Redraine won't like that )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-12-2014, 15:52   #152
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Think everyone knows crooked not a CF, but the debate is do we play him there .smudgies mate seems to rate him ( even as a defender),with I mentioned earlier about his defensive play ( makes sense now).
If we had injuries I would seriously consider playing Tom as the focal point,not because he's A CF,but he would suit our system better than others would.
Just what I said earlier in the thread. Surely for this sit or bust, all or nothing, once in lifetime situation it would have been worth a punt? After all he came closer to scoring than anyone else!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 16:04   #153
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Chubbyman,was wondering were you've been !!!.
Why are we still debating the forwards,if we had kept a clean sheet,we wouldn't have needed a replay,indeed we have the second worst defence,yet it gets overlooked.
The keeper and defenders are not bomb proof (Redraine won't like that )
No-one is bombproof, indeed everyone makes mistakes,thats life, but when yeh keep making em consistently,its time to do summat, unless yer braindead?
Old 17-12-2014, 17:31   #154
Senior Member+

A lot of my posts have been "tongue in cheek".
Being serious for a minute,Crooke is a defensive midfielder,with a bit of potential.
I personally think Coleys tried to get him games with the hope of convincing him to join us if/when he gets released.
Ideal long term replacement for Proccy IMO,but not yet.
Coleys probably planning for next season and team selections sometimes are good indicators.
The strange one for me tho is Jay,who for me is a decent lad,good in the air and bags of potential.
Most of Coleys decisions I agree and understand,but that ones baffling as he's a 21s international and I am unaware of him being anything than a good pro.
There you go Cashy,I don't always agree with Coley,just 95% of the time
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 18:47   #155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
. After all he came closer to scoring than anyone else!
And thank heavens he didn't, otherwise the injustice of last night would have been even worse.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 19:46   #156
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
and the fact that the town itself will revel in this defeat makes it worse.
Definatley the one thing on this whole thread I disagree with.
Old 17-12-2014, 20:18   #157
Resting in Peace

Do Yeovil not have a fans' messageboard? I usually like to see how the opposition view our efforts, even if we lose. Surely they must be buzzing but I can find owt! Anyone?
Old 17-12-2014, 20:21   #158
God Member

If anybody missed the BBC version with the fans it's here, 20.45 mins in

BBC iPlayer - North West Tonight - 17/12/2014
Old 17-12-2014, 21:49   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Do Yeovil not have a fans' messageboard? I usually like to see how the opposition view our efforts, even if we lose. Surely they must be buzzing but I can find owt! Anyone?
It's called ciderspace but not been able to get on it today.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 21:51   #160
Senior Member+

Ciderspace is only available on Facebook.......
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2014, 22:05   #161
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Ciderspace is only available on Facebook.......
Cheers Smudgie. In that case I don't think I'll bother!
Old 18-12-2014, 01:20   #162
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
End of the day 3 pts against the league leaders on sat would be a great thing, Think most fans would prefer a play off position to the Man U game. in fact i was asked that question on journey home last night. Do take one match at a time, but what yer saying? Dont comment? cos that aint never gonna happen.
I'm not too sure about the fans preferring the nerve wracking play offs to a let's party no matter the outcome of the biggest game in Stanley's history!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 09:56   #163

Having conceded two goals towards the end of the game made me think about a conversation I had with Eric shortly after we got promoted into the Conference. He had studied Morecambe's first couple of seasons when their home form was very good but their poor away form was poor. Eric reasoning was that they always travelled down South on a Saturday morning, something we never did. Had we perhaps stayed down after the Pompey game things may have been different, even the Premiership guys struggle on a Sunday after travelling home from European games on Thursday nights. Travelling is tiring>
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2014, 10:02   #164
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Travel down or not mate, those lads couldn't have given any more imho.
Old 18-12-2014, 10:23   #165
God Member

Is it just too painful to think about but, as well as Crooks' miss, is anyone gutted that their first goal was (a) a blatant foul on Rose followed by (b) an even more blatant hand ball by Gillet?
Given that the ref had a record of 52 yellows and 6 reds in only 19 games, I was very surprised at his restraint on Tuesday.
He seemed determined not to book anyone, despite some obvious candidates.
Does anyone know if refs have a card tally like the players - if they give a certain number of cards they have to justify it to the 'authorities'?

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 18-12-2014 at 10:32.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..