Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2012, 06:58   #2206
Give, give, give member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Hope you just had a low fat yoghurt after writing this...
No. I had a lie down.

With two slices of cucumber on my eyes.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2012, 17:07   #2207
Senior Member+

Try Tbags next time G my skin around my eyes is as smooth as silk thanks to Tetley
Old 13-03-2012, 20:20   #2208
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Try Tbags next time G my skin around my eyes is as smooth as silk thanks to Tetley
The amount I drink i could try a full body treatment -could be an idea, wouldn't mind being as smooth as silk all over..

Think G will be reduced to trying coffee grounds -don't know if they have the same effect!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 21:08   #2209
Give, give, give member

Quote:
The amount I drink i could try a full body treatment -could be an idea, wouldn't mind being as smooth as silk all over..

Think G will be reduced to trying coffee grounds -don't know if they have the same effect!
Tomorrow I'm going to try sticking pins in my eyes.

So hopefully I don't make such a hash of the quiz.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 22:13   #2210
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Tomorrow I'm going to try sticking pins in my eyes.

So hopefully I don't make such a hash of the quiz.

Not such a hash, you have got 6 points and I have somehow hung on to seven.... NS was impossibly fast today.

Most have played so can I now GRUMBLE!

The one I got wrong was in Imperial measurements, I have been used to Metric since 1971 when I had to learn it at junior school - they don't still use feet in the USA do they!?

Thought rugs were measured in knots...!

Time for UK to come up and wreck my showing...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 13-03-2012, 22:50   #2211
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Not such a hash, you have got 6 points and I have somehow hung on to seven.... NS was impossibly fast today.

Most have played so can I now GRUMBLE!

The one I got wrong was in Imperial measurements, I have been used to Metric since 1971 when I had to learn it at junior school - they don't still use feet in the USA do they!?

Thought rugs were measured in knots...!

Time for UK to come up and wreck my showing...
That's the one I got wrong too...9x12 is not a rug in my book its a carpet.

And yes we do still use feet here as well as in USA.

My time was slow because with these stupidly easy questions I have to read each one twice to make sure they really want the answer that is so obvious.
Old 14-03-2012, 08:45   #2212
Resting In Peace

Today's grumble and it's not even 10am! Went to site, clicked Standings, working OK, clicked Main, then went to play, got the following message:

It appears that our server is temporarily busy due to too many or long-running requests and your request has timed out. Please try hitting reload on this page a few minutes from now to resubmit your request. If this problem persists, please try back a little later. Our apologies if this results in one of your timed games performing poorly!

The last sentence made me see red as you can tell. Went back asap, time still 168 secs! would have been well under a minute without that.

That really is a bummer.
Old 14-03-2012, 10:37   #2213
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Today's grumble and it's not even 10am! Went to site, clicked Standings, working OK, clicked Main, then went to play, got the following message:

It appears that our server is temporarily busy due to too many or long-running requests and your request has timed out. Please try hitting reload on this page a few minutes from now to resubmit your request. If this problem persists, please try back a little later. Our apologies if this results in one of your timed games performing poorly!

The last sentence made me see red as you can tell. Went back asap, time still 168 secs! would have been well under a minute without that.

That really is a bummer.
I can imagine -the one I got wrong I had seen before but couldn't remember what it should have been -probably made the same wrong answer as before! Which my memory was sharper at times -will remember the answer now but it'll probably never come up again

I always play early and have (touchwood!) never got caught out by these problems -I have the advantage of time being an hour ahead WRT you English players

See you're getting into the American jargon though Sue could it be that you are clueing into the Yankee Trivia influence?

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 14-03-2012, 10:49   #2214
Resting In Peace

Quote:
See you're getting into the American jargon though Sue could it be that you are clueing into the Yankee Trivia influence?
You mean bummer?? I got that from Eric.
Old 14-03-2012, 11:42   #2215
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
You mean bummer?? I got that from Eric.
Yep! Should have guessed

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-03-2012, 11:13   #2216
God Member

Messed up today -trying to be fast clicked a wrong answer on a question I knew -very annoying. Did the same last time we had animals as a subject...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-03-2012, 11:33   #2217
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Messed up today -trying to be fast clicked a wrong answer on a question I knew -very annoying. Did the same last time we had animals as a subject...
Well I have had a complete and utter mental block on one question on Tuesday and today, both of which I knew the answers to - couple that with the crap time yesterday which was not my fault and I'm going rapidly downhill... think the radiation is doing something to my brain.
Old 16-03-2012, 20:26   #2218
God Member

Must brush up on my Geog. that's the second time I've done badly on it.

Hate Central America -it really confuses me....much prefer map-reading!

Luckily mine has been a really good day for other reasons and I am high as a kite

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 22-03-2012, 20:38   #2219
God Member

Excuse me -I know that every time there's written -"All of These" "or None of these" that is generally the answer.

Come on -it takes a giant leap of imagination that "LABS" are good at AGILITY!!!!! Since when.....I'm an "Effing" Olympic Athlete - those that twirl ribbons around and do amazing things with hoola hoops

Am thinking of going in for diving and competeing with Tom Daly...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 22-03-2012, 21:09   #2220
Full Member+

Sounds like the ramblings of a madwoman....!!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..