Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2012, 11:55   #2311
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Was scuppered by my son today -he put the oven on to heat up some pizza, then put on the sandwich toaster to have a snack while he waited and i already had the washing-machine on (again!) -half-way through the quiz the safety device kicked in and the power switched off because of the overload! Lost wireless connection hence dreadful time...and now i'm starting to go "dotty" again...

Wish something would go right -it's a hard world at times

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-05-2012, 16:07   #2312
God Member

Oooh! That Mancie spoilt my party again!

Should have had nine -changed the next to last answer -so annoying, got the last 2 wrong.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-05-2012, 21:42   #2313
God Member

I continue to maintain this thread,which used to be such fun, alone.

How sad.

Well, bad day again -I should obviously watch more TV -everyone seems to have heard of Seinfield except me. Must watch more mindless TV programmes -the truth is I watch an average of minutes, not hours, of TV a day...nothing worth watching these days.

Come back Rindy, all is forgiven....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-05-2012, 21:52   #2314
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post

How sad.

Well, bad day again -I should obviously watch more TV -everyone seems to have heard of Seinfield except me. Must watch more mindless TV programmes -the truth is I watch an average of minutes, not hours, of TV a day...nothing worth watching these days.

Was that question in todays quiz?..if so I reckon the question was : what show was Seinfield in?
the options were like:

Seinfield
Blue Peter
Friends
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

..reckon most just took a wild quess...only joking we've all done it

Last edited by Mancie; 15-05-2012 at 21:54.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2012, 22:09   #2315
Resting In Peace

Quote:

How sad.

There really has not been a great deal to discuss on here apart from where has Garinda gone?

BTW I don't watch US TV shows either but I'd still heard of Seinfeld! His show finished well over ten years ago.
Old 16-05-2012, 06:44   #2316
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Was that question in todays quiz?..if so I reckon the question was : what show was Seinfield in?
the options were like:

Seinfield
Blue Peter
Friends
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

..reckon most just took a wild quess...only joking we've all done it
Thanks for that Mancie! Actually it said Jerry Seinfield -never heard of him, I hit the first option Jerry -knew it wasnt The Simpsons at least I've seen them

Today's quiz is a speed trial -I just played, though only half-way through my morning cuppa so I didn't have the full effect of the brew to speed me along. Reckon there'll be some fast times today.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 16-05-2012, 06:45   #2317
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
BTW I don't watch US TV shows either but I'd still heard of Seinfeld! His show finished well over ten years ago.
It completely passed me by Sue -was i missing much i wonder? Probably just another smarmy American commedy series about a wonderful family or something

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 16-05-2012, 06:54   #2318
Senior Member+

Quote:
It completely passed me by Sue -was i missing much i wonder? Probably just another smarmy American commedy series about a wonderful family or something
I missed one Di trying to be fast but as usual made a complete arse of it
Old 16-05-2012, 11:52   #2319
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
I missed one Di trying to be fast but as usual made a complete arse of it
You must remember to put the trowel down when you're using your mouse Dave!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 16-05-2012, 17:57   #2320
Full Member+

Looks like a win for you, Dianne...well done!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2012, 20:22   #2321
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
Looks like a win for you, Dianne...well done!
Thanks Steve -just went to have a look -am surprised after yesterday's super fast times. Keeps me in the race with you and the top 5

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 16-05-2012, 22:11   #2322
Senior Member+

Well done Di
Old 17-05-2012, 13:35   #2323
God Member

Thanks Dave - don't recognise you on the new avatar without your trowel in hand...

Which one are you -scarf or no scarf? That is the question

Seems I'm winning the quiz so far today, would be a real first for me to win 2 days in a row -finger's crossed that young Mancie doesn't spoil my day!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 17-05-2012, 19:25   #2324
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thanks Dave - don't recognise you on the new avatar without your trowel in hand...

Which one are you -scarf or no scarf? That is the question

Seems I'm winning the quiz so far today, would be a real first for me to win 2 days in a row -finger's crossed that young Mancie doesn't spoil my day!
No scarf, big and ugly thats me
Old 17-05-2012, 20:14   #2325
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
No scarf, big and ugly thats me
Not a softy then!

Big fellahs are never ugly -especially if they have wallowed in mud as lads pretending to play rugby, any excuse for a grapple!

Keeps the complection fresh and free of lines! There are women who pay a fortune for treatments like that at the beauticians.

12 have played so far -might have made it a double win -a first for me, unless someone else pops up unexpectedly!

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..