Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2012, 14:57   #2296
God Member

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

You'd have to get in touch with Stanleymad as the quizmaster to see about any changes.

As the saying goes "a change is as good as a rest"

We were up to 15 regulars at one point -shame to have lost some people along the way...hopefully it's just temporary.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-04-2012, 15:34   #2297
God Member

As I was just changing my avatar -have seen that one of you quizzers has sent me some unsigned karma! Thanks -whoever you are -am feeling the warmth

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-04-2012, 15:41   #2298
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
As I was just changing my avatar -have seen that one of you quizzers has sent me some unsigned karma! Thanks -whoever you are -am feeling the warmth
Just one question - why do you change your avatar so often?
Old 27-04-2012, 16:24   #2299
God Member

Get fed up easily i suppose!

Usually reflects something I've been reading, listening to or just my mood which changes a lot...

Currently Lucy Honeychurch and George Emerson (Room with a View) -representing romance and love -am re-reading some of my own writing at the moment and DHLawrence also figures in it, hence the quote...

Makes sense to me anyway, Sue!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-04-2012, 21:41   #2300
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Just wondered if anyone is as fed up with the current set of categories as I am. They are very limited in scope and rigid in pattern. I seem to remember that previously we had a wider range of subjects and levels of difficulty in what seemed like a more random pattern. Just looking at the quizzes on offer in the open section of the funtrivia site there are subjects such as literature, world, humanities, religion, hobbies (mainly food and drink), science, and several more, at varying levels of difficuty.

Would it be a good idea to find out if we can broaden the scope of our quiz a bit? Interested to know what anyone thinks. We seem to have dropped a few players recently so a fresh look might be a good thing.
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Fun Trivia and General Knowledge - Very Easy. Those two usually turn into speed contests. To be honest I don't mind the others....I've even grown to love Celebrities!!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 21:49   #2301
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2qec View Post
I wouldn't mind getting rid of Fun Trivia and General Knowledge - Very Easy. Those two usually turn into speed contests. To be honest I don't mind the others....I've even grown to love Celebrities!!!!
Agree, just think we need more variety.
Old 27-04-2012, 21:58   #2302
God Member

In theory the qiuz host can change the categories evey month, week, or even daily..but I'd say thats asking to much..there's no reason why the host can't be among the players in the quiz.. the host can only set the category, they can't see the questions or answers..having said that there's no way I'd do the job.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 08:48   #2303
God Member

I see Mancie is back -that second really hurt!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 03-05-2012, 13:32   #2304
God Member

Quote:
I see Mancie is back -that second really hurt!
Seem to have been pretty fast today - waiting for the man "Mancie" to play -finger's crossed he doesn't do his usual trick

Still a few others to go too -shame we seem to have lost a few regulars over the last couple of weeks

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 03-05-2012, 19:29   #2305
God Member

Looking good for today, haven't won in ages -only 10 hours to go and the current regulars all seem to have played -unless someone decides to rejoin our daily tryst again!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 03-05-2012, 20:11   #2306
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Seem to have been pretty fast today - waiting for the man "Mancie" to play -finger's crossed he doesn't do his usual trick

Still a few others to go too -shame we seem to have lost a few regulars over the last couple of weeks
Quote:
Looking good for today, haven't won in ages -only 10 hours to go and the current regulars all seem to have played -unless someone decides to rejoin our daily tryst again!
Well done - five doggy questions today including your fave lab/agiity one!

At least Junetta has very good reason for leaving the quiz- see her post on the Happy Birthday thread.
Old 03-05-2012, 20:33   #2307
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Well done - five doggy questions today including your fave lab/agiity one!

At least Junetta has very good reason for leaving the quiz- see her post on the Happy Birthday thread.
Couldn't forget how agile Labs are Sue!

Thanks for pointing out Junetta's post - i knew about her back but she never mentioned losing her husband -how sad. Life can play some nasty tricks at times...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 03-05-2012, 20:55   #2308
God Member

Quote:
No chance of me or anyone beating your time today..had to guess at least one and suspect it was the same for others.. was happy to get the 10
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 15:25   #2309
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
No chance of me or anyone beating your time today..had to guess at least one and suspect it was the same for others.. was happy to get the 10
It was really difficult today - Sue's 10 might be the only one - next best has 6 i think, some really tricky questions for me -my guesses were all wrong,shame it'll knock me back after a good start this month...swings and roundabouts

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 06-05-2012, 19:31   #2310
God Member

Shot myself in the foot today -again! When will I learn to stop changing answers and follow my instinct?!

~ D. H. Lawrence

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..