Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Fun > Anything Goes > Forum Games
Donate! Join Today

Forum Games You know those games, link the song, word thread, eat the hedgehog... Well this is a place just for them. Just to keep them a little seperate from the rest of anything goes.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51   #2281
Full Member+

Re: Accywebbers Daily Trivia quiz Comp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
No - I meant on that history quiz!!
Oh yeah....you!!!
steve2qec is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-04-2012, 10:48   #2282
God Member

Didn't quite catch Sue today -1 second in it -slow wireless connection here in the Lakes

It snowed here last night - beautiful view of Helvellyn in the sunlight earlier.

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 11:14   #2283
Resting In Peace

In case anyone's wondering - I HAVE played today but the blasted site has lost my answers and times even though it keeps telling me I played today and can't play again till tomorrow!

I think I'm allowed to grumble about this, haven't let off steam here for a while. Just when I've built up a decent lead the thing goes and stabs me in the back yet again.

I played and submitted my answers, but when I went back to the front page my name wasn't there. Went back to the answer page and the time was still going! Submitted again, still didn't appear in the listing, back to the answer page, time STILL going! Then the answer page and the question page disappeared altogether but it still says I have played when I try to play again!

The annoying thing is I got ten right! These things always seem to happen when I'm doing well.

I've just had the she-itey week to end all she-itey weeks and this just about puts the tin lid on it. And the bloomin swear word detector won't let me write what I really want to write there. And I thought Friday the thirteenth was yesterday!
Old 14-04-2012, 11:46   #2284
Resting In Peace

Quote:
In case anyone's wondering - I HAVE played today but the blasted site has lost my answers and times even though it keeps telling me I played today and can't play again till tomorrow!

I think I'm allowed to grumble about this, haven't let off steam here for a while. Just when I've built up a decent lead the thing goes and stabs me in the back yet again.

I played and submitted my answers, but when I went back to the front page my name wasn't there. Went back to the answer page and the time was still going! Submitted again, still didn't appear in the listing, back to the answer page, time STILL going! Then the answer page and the question page disappeared altogether but it still says I have played when I try to play again!

The annoying thing is I got ten right! These things always seem to happen when I'm doing well.

I've just had the she-itey week to end all she-itey weeks and this just about puts the tin lid on it. And the bloomin swear word detector won't let me write what I really want to write there. And I thought Friday the thirteenth was yesterday!
Well it looks like I will have to untwist my knickers and eat a bit of humble pie as I have been back to the quiz site and my name has finally appeared but with a score of only 7 which is what it was before I changed three of them. Don't know why I had all that aggro with the ongoing times which I posted about above but it doesn't do my blood pressure any good!

I hope my rant will be forgiven - I really have had an awful week.
Old 14-04-2012, 23:16   #2285
God Member

Quote:
Well it looks like I will have to untwist my knickers and eat a bit of humble pie as I have been back to the quiz site and my name has finally appeared but with a score of only 7 which is what it was before I changed three of them. Don't know why I had all that aggro with the ongoing times which I posted about above but it doesn't do my blood pressure any good!

I hope my rant will be forgiven - I really have had an awful week.
What is there to forgive...let off steam...it won't scald anyone

Friday the 13th is past - you can't blame it on that.

My month has been awful quiz-wise, mostly, that's life -things can only get better!

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 15-04-2012, 11:19   #2286
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
What is there to forgive...let off steam...it won't scald anyone

Friday the 13th is past - you can't blame it on that.

My month has been awful quiz-wise, mostly, that's life -things can only get better!
Just seem to get frowned on when I grumble.

Actually Friday was one of the better days in my week from hell - and it was mainly a good week as far as the quiz is concerned. It was just a pretty wretched week in other ways.
Old 16-04-2012, 15:44   #2287
God Member

Weird day today at the quiz - thought I'd done badly yet again but it seems I've just been beaten by one second so far. Can people really be considered Celebrities if no-one seems to have heard of them?

We'll see if anyone gets more than 6...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 17-04-2012, 17:52   #2288
Resting In Peace

Just been on the quiz site to find that although Mancie scored 10 his time was over 400 seconds. There is clearly a problem here as Dave and I have both found, though not to quite such a devastating effect, this week.

It looks as though I may be top tonight in the cumulative scores though I can't say it gives me any pleasure if it's achieved this way at the expense of others. Mind you, I have also been in Mancie's position with a time of over an hour!

BTW where are you Rindy?
Old 18-04-2012, 09:01   #2289
God Member

Quote:
Just been on the quiz site to find that although Mancie scored 10 his time was over 400 seconds. There is clearly a problem here as Dave and I have both found, though not to quite such a devastating effect, this week.

It looks as though I may be top tonight in the cumulative scores though I can't say it gives me any pleasure if it's achieved this way at the expense of others. Mind you, I have also been in Mancie's position with a time of over an hour!
As a form of secondary protest, in sympathy for Mancie, we could all put down our mouse, stage a walk-out and boycott the Trivia Quiz

Or would we risk prosecution - I have a sneaky feeling sympathy strikes were out-lawed by a certain Lady PM in the 1980's...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 18-04-2012, 09:18   #2290
God Member

Quote:
BTW where are you Rindy?
From his new avatar I have a sneaky feeling Garinda is returning to his mystical roots and is in adoration again.

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 21-04-2012, 12:08   #2291
God Member

Odd History questions again today- not the sort of stuff we studied at school!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 23-04-2012, 17:50   #2292
God Member

Hadn't a clue on today's quiz -so much of American TV - never watch it -better luck tomorrow maybe. Well done SteveR -could be a win with 8!

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 25-04-2012, 11:31   #2294
God Member

Well, it happened to me today -wouldn't let me submit and I went really fast....damnation. When it finally took the answers it came up as 100 seconds -but on the list after it said 96! Oh well -it's been a pretty poor month in any case....

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 27-04-2012, 08:30   #2295
Resting In Peace

Just wondered if anyone is as fed up with the current set of categories as I am. They are very limited in scope and rigid in pattern. I seem to remember that previously we had a wider range of subjects and levels of difficulty in what seemed like a more random pattern. Just looking at the quizzes on offer in the open section of the funtrivia site there are subjects such as literature, world, humanities, religion, hobbies (mainly food and drink), science, and several more, at varying levels of difficuty.

Would it be a good idea to find out if we can broaden the scope of our quiz a bit? Interested to know what anyone thinks. We seem to have dropped a few players recently so a fresh look might be a good thing.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..