Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree548Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2013, 06:09   #451

Re: Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
I didn't ask you to read that blog, I don't expect you to analyse me through it either.

I would be perfectly happy with you on site if you just M.Y.O.B. and stop forcing your twisted God onto others.

Look at it this way, it is Gods will that I dislike you and all you represent. now will you sod off and let us enjoy ourselves?

It looks like you are still smarting Less. You are free to view this thread or not view it as you please. That is the only concession I make to you. I still get a lovely welcome when I sign into the site which I find gratifying.

I have been known to get people banned in the past for deliberately flouting forum rules so don't push it.
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2013, 06:19   #452

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti34 View Post
Would love to stay awhile and chat, K99, but have more mundane things to do, being as I am a fully qualified domestic goddess (well don't know about the goddess bit) who needs to do some quality control around the place. Will call in later.
Webbers - keep up the good work.
Please don't knock housework, dotti. How would we ever manage without the little woman as helpmeet? I am not a women's libber. I have seen their rise and the fall of man and just look at the marriage statistics.
Old 13-11-2013, 06:19   #453
JFT96

Quote:
Originally Posted by K99WARD View Post
It looks like you are still smarting Less. You are free to view this thread or not view it as you please. That is the only concession I make to you. I still get a lovely welcome when I sign into the site which I find gratifying.

I have been known to get people banned in the past for deliberately flouting forum rules so don't push it.
Thread wander and threatening......
Very Christian.
Reported

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Old 13-11-2013, 06:20   #454
Senior Member+

To KW99Ward.
I do not deny or acknowledge that there is a God, but I do have questions that so far have never been answered:
a. If God, and therefore Jesus, love children so much, why does he allow so many to suffer the horrors of war and natural disasters?
b. Why are so many children abused by people who are entrusted to their care?
c. Why do so many people who are trusted to spread the word of God and Christianity and care for children, abuse them, both physically and sexually?

It has been noted in your responses that you evade answering questions - why? Methinks there could perhaps be something that you wish to hide from us. In the same vein, why not use your full name as your identifier - is there something to hide there?
Boeing Guy likes this.
Old 13-11-2013, 06:22   #455
JFT96

Quote:
Please don't knock housework, dotti. How would we ever manage without the little woman as helpmeet? I am not a women's libber. I have seen their rise and the fall of man and just look at the marriage statistics.
Little women......i thpught that was a book.

Sexist and patronising as well, also reported

Old 13-11-2013, 06:24   #456

One thing I particularly like about the Accrington web is that you are all good spellers. You must have had good teachers at school, but for whatever reason keep it up. Some web forums (or should it be fori) are a tribute to lax teaching.

Old 13-11-2013, 06:36   #457
JFT96

Thread wander
You obviously have never used a tablet to reply to posts

Old 13-11-2013, 06:46   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
To KW99Ward.
I do not deny or acknowledge that there is a God, but I do have questions that so far have never been answered:
a. If God, and therefore Jesus, love children so much, why does he allow so many to suffer the horrors of war and natural disasters?
b. Why are so many children abused by people who are entrusted to their care?
c. Why do so many people who are trusted to spread the word of God and Christianity and care for children, abuse them, both physically and sexually?

It has been noted in your responses that you evade answering questions - why? Methinks there could perhaps be something that you wish to hide from us. In the same vein, why not use your full name as your identifier - is there something to hide there?
Hi Barry,

I don't think that we have spoken before. I have answered question a. before but as it is such a large thread thanks mainly to the interest of all you Accringtonians I will do so again. b. and c. Are in a similar vein.

Man is born in sin. Although 'man' is singular we are all affected. It is the reason why Jesus had to be born supernaturally. Otherwise he would have been a sinner too and unable to offer himself as the one perfect sacrifice to atone for those sins. It is God's demand that a blood sacrifice be offered for sin. In the Old Testament there were animal sacrifices but the problem was they had to be offered time and time again for each new sin. God solved that by sending his son to die in our stead as the one perfect sacrifice for all our sins but it does require us to put our trust in him.

That is the background. Now for the answers. God gives us free will. Unfortunately it does mean that he doesn't intervene as a rule in MAN'S sin. He has been known to but only in exceptional cases. For example I don't think we would have won WWII had it not been for his intervention causing the enemy to make horrendous mistakes. This pattern can be seen in the Old Testament too.

Remember that it is man's sin and not God's.

b. and c. really have the same answers. This may not be the answer you would like but it is the truth and if man doesn't repent of his sin he will perish.
Old 13-11-2013, 06:55   #459

That's all folks until tonight. Shopping this morning and doctor this afternoon.
Old 13-11-2013, 06:59   #460

Are you for real, K99? Let’s get a couple of things straight.
First of all, God didn’t create me – I was not some Immaculate Conception. According to what my mother told me I was my dad’s birthday present to her. She said to him ‘it’s my birthday next week what are you going to give me?’ and 9 months later I came along……enough said!
Secondly, I object to the ‘little woman’ tag – I am nobody’s ‘little woman’.
Thirdly, you come across as an egotistical bigot, did you think that only a Christian woman would be worthy to be your wife? Being a Christian doesn’t mean that person is better than someone of another religion – or (dare I say) no religion at all.
As a matter-of-fact my husband (of almost 57 years I might add) thinks I’m the best thing that has happened since sliced bread – I’ve told him this so often that now he really believes it!!!!!
And while we’re at it, you really do have a big opinion of yourself which doesn’t gel with being a humble servant, etc., etc…..
…and last but not least, please do me a favour and DON’T be interested in me.
Old 13-11-2013, 07:13   #461
Senior Member+

Re: Re: Christian Science

Quote:

I can't help noticing that the ones who have shut God out of their lives are also the ones who are not happy. They may not know why, but without him it is impossible to please him. He is the embodiment of all goodness.
Haven't you seen dogma? God is clearly a woman.
Old 13-11-2013, 07:17   #462

Have just read your posting in answer to Barry's questions. You really are full of it.....I take great exception to your comments regarding WWII, having (like so many countless other people) lost near and dear ones who made the supreme sacrifice - where was your God then? Where was your God when the war started? Where was he when other wars were being fought?
I know it's a waste of time trying to get through to you, brain-washed as you apparently are and I know you will come up with some ridiculous implausible reasons.
Old 13-11-2013, 07:20   #463
JCB

Quote:
That's all folks until tonight. Shopping this morning and doctor this afternoon.
Enjoy the shopping , and I hope all goes well with the visit to the doctor .

When you return perhaps you will answer the questions I posed yesterday .

Just to remind you this is what I asked .

You said : " We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel. Nothing further is required of us. "

Are the two separate statements you have just mentioned

1. We are COMMANDED to tell the gospel.
2. Nothing further is required of us. ?

If so which Bible are you using ?

Are you serious that Jesus commanded his followers just to tell the Gospel and made no other commands because nothing further is required of them ?
Old 13-11-2013, 07:33   #464
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:

Not smarting, disgusted at your attitude.
It is so generous of you to allow me to view this thread if I wish is this your concession to free will?
I really do wish you wouldn't threaten me, it isn't good for your Christian image.
Reported.
Old 13-11-2013, 07:38   #465
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Christian Science

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
And that's what he was wearing down by the geese and peacocks Susie..
allegedly
Mr popularity, such a humour if you ever met your father he would be so proud.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..